Westminster United Nations Association invites you to join as our treasurer but read on because it’s more than that!
The United Nations Association
The UK’s foremost advocate for UK action at the UN and a vibrant grassroots movement of 20,000 people from all walks of life. It builds support for the UN amongst policymakers, opinion-formers and the public and believes that a strong, credible and effective UN is essential if we are to build a safer, fairer and more sustainable world.
Westminster United Nations Association
The UN Association’s largest and most active group nationwide. Our annual programme features three great initiatives; our International Law Lecture, our UN Peacekeepers Day conference with its diplomats’ wreath-laying ceremony at the Cenotaph; and the We The Peoples Film Festival.
* Organise meetings, usually in parliament, on key international issues,
* Lobby government when we believe it is failing,
* Celebrate UN international days and years with creative projects,
* Organise study tours (Vienna 2016, New York 2017, European cities 2018)
* Support our dynamic Young Professionals network,
* Link our Young Professionals with the Young Barristers and Young Diplomats networks,
* Coordinate the international campaign to determine how former UN Secretary-General Dag Hammarskjöld was killed in 1961,
* Maintain close links with UNA chapters in Connecticut and New York, and so much more.
* Maintains records on Excel and submits quarterly VAT returns,
* Liaises with our supportive auditor to prepare the annual report,
* Issues about twenty cheques annually,
* Joins our Executive Committee (7/8 meetings p.a.) but without obligation to attend.
* Helps plan our annual programme and joins our social events and,
* Helps bring about a better world!