We need people to help us fundraise for our Magical Children's Hospital that saves so many lives. Depending on your interests and skills, there’s a range of things you could help us with.
Why should you volunteer with Whisper?
Your volunteering time is a precious resource and by volunteering with Whisper you are putting it to excellent use; Whisper is probably one of the highest-impact charities you will find in terms of lives saved. We run a children's hospital and a maternity unit in Uganda, providing high-quality healthcare in an environment where healthcare is all too often unavailable, unaffordable or unsafe because of poor infrastructure.
What can you do for Whisper?
There's a range of things that you can do, depending on your interests and what you're good at:
- Organising community fundraising (for example we sometimes have a London Marathon place and we have places in RideLondon-Surrey, Swim Serpentine)
- Online fundraising campaigns through GlobalGiving and social media
- Donor communications – for example, sending thank you notes and following up on Gift Aid
- Organising events – in 2020 Whisper will be celebrating its 10th birthday
- Applying for grants
- Public collections in London tube stations and similar places.
Most of the work can be done from home; Whisper doesn’t have an office in the UK. You’ll need to live in the UK.
You can choose when you work. To be able to make a positive contribution, you’ll likely need to work at least 8 hours per month on average.
You don’t need any formal qualifications. For some of the jobs you’ll need the sort of research and analysis skills that are expected of university graduates. For some of the jobs you’ll need to be good with people. If you’ve volunteered before, or if you have previous experience of fundraising, that will certainly help. We can arrange training for you if necessary.