Volunteer for The Shaw Mind Foundation and help those suffering with mental health.
The Shaw Mind Foundation are looking for committed and engaged people excited by the opportunity to become involved in an innovative mental health charity as a Volunteer Fundraiser.
What a Volunteer Fundraiser does
As a Volunteer Fundraiser you will be working towards an annual fundraising target which will help the charity continue with its work. There is the opportunity to make a huge impact through your fundraising.
We offer a great deal of flexibility within this role and day to day work will be varied. You will be expected to plan and manage your own workload so self-motivation is vital, likewise, personality and aptitude are fundamental to this position.
- Increase our fundraising revenue through individual, community and event fundraising.
- Plan and deliver our local community fundraising activities, to achieve agreed financial targets
- Inspire and motivate individuals and community groups to undertake fundraising activities to raise money for The Shaw Mind Foundation
- To research new event activity, provide detailed event plans and budgets for proposed events.
- To work closely with the marketing department to help develop awareness of the organisation.
- To undertake networking that will positively increase awareness of The Shaw Mind Foiundation and build links with appropriate organisations and individuals.
What it means to be a volunteer with The Shaw Mind Foundation
All sorts of people volunteer for a variety of different reasons – from those currently out of work, students, those who are retired through to employed people who may only have the odd hour to volunteer. One thing that unites all these people is that they find volunteering challenging, rewarding and varied. If you choose to volunteer with The Shaw Mind Foundation, you will not only be adding a great deal to your life but also to the lives of those for whom you are supporting – the sufferers of mental health and their loved ones.
If you are passionate about mental health or perhaps have lived experience of mental illness yourself, we would love to give you the opportunity to become involved in our charity. You will meet new and like-minded people and will equip you with new skills and experience which may lead on to new career opportunities.
The Shaw Mind Foundation benefits massively from the input of our volunteers. Even a small commitment of just one hour a week can have a lasting effect on our charity and the people and communities we represent. You will become part of our small, dedicated team and have the opportunity to participate in various aspects of our work. Without volunteers, The Shaw Mind Foundation would not be able to deliver the range of services and support that we do.
Training of our Volunteer Fundraisers
You will be provided with telephone training and will join our ever-increasing team of people who donate their time, skills and enthusiasm to support people living with a mental illness and their families.
Location of our Volunteer Fundraisers
This role is flexible in location and you can cover your home town or city or wider area.
We will cover any travel or other expenses incurred within this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.