This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Our inner-city parks have never been so important. They have been crucial in helping us get through the pandemic and we need to maximise their potential to support community health and wellbeing as we enter the cost of living crisis and more people are plunged into uncertainty and poverty.
We run a Green Social Prescribing project in Bristol that aims to provide people struggling with their mental health with a consistent, safe space to feel part of a community, enjoy nature, be active and get quick support for their needs, close to home.
We need dedicated volunteers who can help our Health & Community team, run our Roots to Wellbeing programme at Eastville Park, Hartcliffe Millennium Green, Withywood Park, Stockwood Open Space and Brickfields Park.
Dates and times
Withywood Park, Tuesdays, 1-4pm
Eastville Park, Wednesdays, 1-4pm
Stockwood Open Space, Wednesdays, 1-4pm
Hartcliffe Millennium Green, Thursdays, 10am-1pm
Brickfields Park, Tuesdays, 12.30pm - 2.30pm
Support our Health and Community team to run safe, supportive and enjoyable Green Social Prescribing activities by:
- Helping load and unload tools and plants to prepare for sessions
- Welcoming attendees and creating a supportive and safe atmosphere
- Support the set up and running of activities
- Support the provision of refreshments including lunch
- Supervise session participants by making sure they complete activities the correct and safe way flagging any mental health concerns
- Gathering evidence for project evaluation including testimonials, photos and videos
You will be…
- An outdoorsy person who likes to work outside whatever the weather.
- Comfortable working with people with a range of mental health needs.
- A natural people person, confident communicating with everyone.
- Well organised with excellent time management.
- A team player, keen to help make the project a success.
- Able to follow instruction and stay calm in challenging situations.
You may be considering a career in biodiversity, green social prescribing, mental health, conservation, or gardening, or you may be looking for something different to do with your spare time.
We will provide…
- Experience in supporting and leading groups with a range of health needs in nature focused activities
- The chance to make a difference to the local community and take tangible actions to respond to the ecological and climate emergencies
- The training and information you will need for the role including health and safety training
- Direct support from our Park Activators to help meet your goals and expectations from the role
- The chance to meet new people and make friends
- Your travel costs.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.