Are you passionate about the empowerment of youth and sustainable development in Africa?
Youth Link Networks is seeking a driven, confident, team player who also thrives working independently to join our team as a fundraising manager. The successful candidate will have a great eye for detail and experience in grant writing. They will be responsible to the project managers, CEO and will manage and delegate tasks to an assistant. This is an unpaid position which would require a commitment of 10 hours per week.
This is a great opportunity for someone to become a part of a passionate & dynamic grass roots charity, to be considered a very integral part of the charity's achievements & evolving changes from the early stages.
Youth Link Networks is registered in the UK but based in Uganda Iganga District. It aims to empower young people by promoting sustainable initiatives that educate and provide economic generation. The charity has a particular interest in girl’s education as we have and continue to partner with schools to make sanitary pads and provide facilitation around the menstrual cycle to bridge the gap between girls, boys and teachers. We believe that everyone in the school chain must be included in the education of the female anatomy in order to relieve stigmas and provide an opportunity for girls to be treated fairly and justly in the education system, thus keeping them in school.
We have recently implemented a Covid-19 Response project whereby the team respond to medical needs, food security and sanitation (sanitary care and hygiene practices) to vulnerable families in the sub-bounty of Nambale. We have incorporated a sustainable farming model to encourage self-sufficiency and potential income generation to all of the families. The charity has young people at the heart and forefront of the work but ultimately our charity's projects aim to alleviate poverty & provide opportunities to everyone.
Job Title: Fundraising Manager
· Oversee fundraising and ensure that it is carried out in legal, honest and accountable ways.
· Writes charity grants and submits all required grant reports.
· Develops and/or compiles materials to submit to granting or other funding organizations.
· Manages annual giving and/or direct mail programs.
· Manages web-based fundraising activities, such as online auctions, donation web sites.
· Manages special events and establishes fundraising and/or participation goals (i.e. Team goal run).
· Solicits event sponsorship from individuals, businesses, or government donors.
· Recruits participants and/ or volunteers for fundraising events.
· Conducts research on potential donors (e.g. mission, goals, net worth, charitable donation history, etc.)
· Builds positive relationships with current and potential donors and upkeeps donor databases.
· Prepares reports and presentations to communicate fundraising program data.
· Attends community events, meetings, or conferences to promote organizational goals and/or solicits donations or sponsorship.
· Prepares written communication related to fundraising (e.g. announcements, thank you letters, etc.)
· Performs other duties as assigned by supervision.
· Carry out fundraising risk assessments
· Contribute knowledge of fundraising tools, techniques and strategies
· Someone with sufficient fundraising/income generation knowledge
· Excellent networking skills, influencing and communication skills
· An understanding of the UK charity sector, relevant legislations and statutory requirements.
· Interpersonal Relations
· Communication (Written and Oral)
· Personal Organization
· Time Management
· Attention to Detail
· Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
· May be required to work odd hours periodically to participate in event(s).
Application is by CV and cover letter detailing how you meet the criteria above.
CVs without Cover Letters will not be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.