Fastlaners Employability Programme - Manchester
- Venue: Workshops will be hosted by three leading Greater Manchester businesses: Siemens M20 2UR, Brother UK M34 5JD and Bruntwood (Citylabs) M13 9NQ
- Region: Manchester, Greater Manchester, North West
- Start Date: 02 October 2017
- End Date: 12 October 2017
- Cost: FREE plus up to £3.00 per day contribution towards travel costs
Are you aged 18-25 and looking to start a meaningful career but unsure of your next steps?
Fastlaners is UpRising's free employability and personal development programme, designed to help young people identify career goals and find meaningful employment.
Over 8 days you will build your employability skills through a series of interactive workshops, mock interviews, mentoring sessions and networking events. Workshops are lead by a range of coaching and industry professionals covering topics such as goal setting, interview and assessment centre skills and personal branding. Previous speakers and facilitators have included The Co-operative, RBS, EY, Brother UK and Bruntwood. The workshops will equip you with the skills, networks and knowledge start your graduate job search with confidence.
Following the training workshops you will have access to three - six months of ongoing, one to one support to identify and apply for potential opportunities, prepare for interviews and ensure the first few months at work go smoothly. You will also be matched with a young professional mentor to discuss your aspirations and learn from their experience of looking for and excelling at work.
The Fastlaners approach has proved successful: 89% of last year's participants secured employment or training within 6 months of completing the programme.
We're now recruiting for our next programme which takes place from 2 - 12 October and will be hosted by Siemens, Brother UK and Citylabs.Apply now at http://www.uprising.org.uk/apply
To apply you need to be:
- Aged between 18 - 25 years old.
- Unemployed, or working in a zero hours contract or working under 16 hours per week.
- Be eligible to work in the UK
- Looking to kickstart your career and are ready for work.
- Available between 2nd - 12th October.
- There are no minimum educational requirements or work experience.