Course date: 04th – 08th, March 2019
Register online to attend: https://bit.ly/2UjyqhV
Organizer: Foscore Development Center
Develop the capacity of professionals to design, manage, evaluate and undertake improvements in people-centered early warning systems for hydro-meteorological & geological hazards and extreme events associated with climate change and variability. It builds upon experience in building capacities on use of GIS, Remote Sensing and space based technologies in disaster risk management for disaster management institutions, disaster management practitioners and communities. It aims to institutionalize weather and climate information applications for disaster mitigation.
No of Days
- Effectively integrate scientific and technical inputs into early warning dissemination and communication system
- Apply emerging generation climate prediction technologies for anticipating and managing disaster risks associated with climate change & variability
- Develop strategies to institutionalize early warning systems into the process cycle of disaster risk management and development planning, emergency response, and preparedness activities
- Develop risk communication & communication technologies
- Interpret scientific information products into user friendly formats and prepare & communicate tailor made early warning information products
- Design and implement community based early warning systems that are people centered
- Evaluate and introduce public education and training program for the community based early warning systems
- Undertake risk assessment and design of multi-hazard early warning systems for disaster risk reduction
- Apply GIS and Remote Sensing for designing implementations of large scale early warning systems and Participatory GIS skills for community Early Warning Systems
- Apply Mobile Data Gathering technologies for rapid assessment and surveys
Multi Hazard Early Warning Systems Concept
- Concepts and main frameworks in Multi Hazard Early Warning Systems
- Weather, Climate and Atmospheric Processes
- Observed Climate Change and Impacts
- Climate Predictions and Major Sources of Uncertainty
Basic concepts of Remote Sensing and GIS
- Basic concepts of GIS and Remote Sensing in the context of Early Warning Systems
- Handling spatial information I: (Using Quantum GIS)
- Spatial Reference Systems & data integration
- Handling spatial information II: GPS-based field data collection
Introduction to Risk Identification and assessment
- Introduction to Risk Identification and assessment using Spatial Technologies
- Mobile data gathering for field assessments/surveys using Open Data Kit
- Handling spatial information III: Visualization of risk information
- Hazard detection, monitoring, forecasting and warning
- Handling spatial information IV: Satellite image processing techniques for change detection (Using ILWIS)
- Early warning dissemination and communication
- Communication protocols
Public Participatory GIS
- Public Participatory GIS
- Google Earth, Maps
- Social Networking Integration
- Community-based early warning systems
- Building hazard-aware and ready communities
- Monitoring and evaluation of early warning system
- All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
- The participant must be conversant with English
- Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
- Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participant within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
- Course duration is flexible and the contents can be modified to fit any number of days.
- The course fee includes facilitation training materials, 2 coffee breaks, buffet lunch and a Certificate of successful completion of Training. Participants will be responsible for their own travel expenses and arrangements, airport transfers, visa application dinners, health/accident insurance and other personal expenses.
- Accommodation, pickup, freight booking and Visa processing arrangement, are done on request, at discounted prices.
- One year free Consultation and Coaching provided after the course.
- Register as a group of more than two and enjoy discount of (10% to 50%) plus free five hour adventure drive to the National game park.
- Payment should be done two week before commence of the training, to FOSCORE DEVELOPMENT CENTER account, so as to enable us prepare better for you.
• For any enquiry at: [email protected] or +254712260031
• Website: www.fdc-k.org
• Download PDF 2019 Calendar - https://bit.ly/2T3aCPv
• Venue: Meridian hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
• View course content and register as individual or group - https://bit.ly/2UjyqhV
• View GIS calendar 2019 – http://bit.ly/2DdrTky
• View All Courses calendar 2019 -http://bit.ly/2mB2p5w