Stalking - A practical response
- Venue: St Pancras Community Association
- Region: Greater London
- Start Date: 24 October 2018
- End Date: 24 October 2018
- Cost: £85 - £95
Do you understand the difference between stalking and harassment? Are you aware of changes to stalking law? Would you know how to support someone who was experiencing stalking? This session will look at stalker typologies and behaviour, the use of social media, and how media narratives impact on perceptions of stalking to help you develop the practical skills to support and advocate for those affected by stalking.
Participants will develop:
- An understanding of the difference between stalking and harassment
- Knowledge of stalking law and types of stalking, including cyber and digital
- Practical strategies to advocate for and support victims, including using the Stalking DASH risk assessment tool
- Understanding of perpetrator typologies and how to hold perpetrators to account
This workshop is suitable for staff at any organisation that may come into contact with people affected by stalking.