We want Aber students to love student life and be ready for anything.
We believe Aber students should have an epic student journey. They should be happy, healthy and empowered, with lasting friendships and promising futures.
As a Students' Union we:
- Help students make friends and community build via Clubs and Societies support and development
- We support students to volunteer and have a positive impact on the local community and their employability
- We help students to shape and have a positive influence on their academic experience by electing, training and supporting Course Reps
- We enable students to decide our political and ethical positions and priorities via democratic decision making
- We act as a voice for students to represent their views and interests to the University and other organisations Nationally and Locally such as the Health Board and the National Union of Students
- We facilitate initiatives that support positive mental and physical health or try to minimise negative impact
- We provide spaces for students to meet, socialise and carry out a range of activity.
- Continue to develop the foundations of the SU ensuring that we operate to best practice and within the law and in a way that ensures our long term future.
- Shaped by students – Aber students are in control
- Friends – we want you around
- Straightforward - we tell it like it is
- All embracing - everyone matters
- Welsh - obviously