We want Aber students to love student life.
We believe Aber students should be happy, healthy and empowered, with lasting friendships and promising futures.
As a Students' Union we:
- Help students make friends and community build via Clubs and Societies support and development
- We support students to volunteer and have a positive impact on the local community and their employability
- We help students to shape and have a positive influence on their academic experience by electing, training and supporting Course Reps
- We enable students to decide our political and ethical positions and priorities via democratic decision making
- We act as a voice for students to represent their views and interests to the University and other organisations Nationally and Locally such as the Health Board and the National Union of Students
- We facilitate initiatives that support positive mental and physical health or try to minimise negative impact
- We provide spaces for students to meet, socialise and carry out a range of activity.
- Continue to develop the foundations of the SU ensuring that we operate to best practice and within the law and in a way that ensures our long term future.
- We are shaped by students - Your voice matters most
- We are a community - We want you involved
- We are transparent - We are always honest and open
- We are ambitious - We develop for the future
- We caru Cymraeg - We champion Welsh language and culture