Age UK Coventry & Warwickshire was officially launched in April 2019 following a successful merger of Age UK Coventry and Age UK Warwickshire. It is an independent charity providing a wide range of services to adults and older people across the City of Coventry and Warwickshire.
We are entering into an extremely exciting period with the merger providing significant opportunities for growth and expansion of services.
The charity has an annual income of almost £5 million, employs over 300 staff and has 800 incredible volunteers.
The work of the charity is extremely diverse and includes:
- Legal advice services
- Contracts with statutory authorities to deliver general support and Day Care support for people with dementia
- An appointeeship service for vulnerable adults to manage their finances
- Domestic support services to help people with shopping, cleaning and gardening
- A wide range of physical and social opportunity activities to help keep older people, active and socially engaged
- Seven High Street charity shops
- Eight Re-use shops, based at recycling centres across the county
- Befriending and Counselling services
The plan for the charity is to:
- Grow the commercial operations
- Expand areas of expertise across the boundaries of the City and County
- Align similar functions from the City and County
- Secure more contracts from the statutory authorities
- Reduce charitable overheads