Beds SU is the official Students' Union of the University of Bedfordshire. We represent a wonderfully diverse student body, with students from all backgrounds and from across the globe at multiple campuses across the UK, and we empower students to achieve their full potential.
We further their interests to improve their lives as students, as well as providing lots of opportunities for students to meet new people, develop their skills, campaign for change and try something new.
We are also a registered charity, and our charitable objects are defined in our Memorandum and Articles of Association as to advance the education of our members by:
- promoting the interests and welfare of Students at the University of Bedfordshire during their course of study and representing, supporting and advising Students;
- being the recognised representative channel between Students and the University of Bedfordshire and any other external bodies; and
- providing social, cultural, sporting and recreational activities and forums for discussions and debate for the personal development of its Students.
The SU’s core activities are:
- The representation of students via democratic structures, such as the election of full-time Executive Officers and election of student representatives for courses who work and campaign to advance the interests of students.
- Provision of services, including an advisory service and social spaces incorporating bars, cafes and other entertainment.
- Supporting peer-led activities on common interests, such as societies and events.
- Providing spaces and opportunities for students to learn and receive information, such as forums for debate, communications and activities.