We were founded in 1971 by parents who wanted to increase the opportunities for their children with learning disabilities in the borough and has grown to become the local voice of learning disability in Bexley, providing a range of activities, services and support to people with learning disabilities and their loved ones. We pride ourselves on remaining a person-centred, community focused organisation that delivers high quality services.
We currently run a variety of activities and services, including;
- Self-advocacy groups; empowering people and providing an opportunity for them to have a voice and be heard about issues important to them
- Social clubs; A range of activities within the community to enable people to form relationships, led by a member committee with all activities chosen by the group
- Supported holidays; 3 weekend caravan holidays each year to provide people with the opportunity to go on holiday with their friends and provide their carers a break
- Personalised, independent living support; One to one support for people living independently to enable them to remain independent and living at home
- Family Support; practical and emotional support, information and advice to families and carers which makes a positive difference to their lives
- Awareness raising within our community; campaigning for people with a learning disability to have the same rights and choices as others locally