BVSC is the hub for all things community and voluntary related; from volunteering, training for community organisations, providing information and advice or championing the sector throughout the borough.
That there is a strong, sustainable and influential voluntary and community sector able to make a positive difference to people’s lives in Bexley.
In the course of our work we will:
- work in a trustworthy and transparent manner
- develop our expertise and strive for an excellent standard of professional behaviour from all staff, volunteers and trustees
- maintain our independence from government
- base our responses to consultations that we submit on behalf of the sector, on our consultations with groups
- help foster a culture of co-operation, understanding and tolerance within the diverse community in Bexley
- promote volunteering as an integral part of life in Bexley
- promote the role of the voluntary sector based on our belief that the sector is an equal partner and should have an active role in the planning and delivery of services in Bexley
- To ensure that BVSC has the resources for continuous improvement and development
- To ensure that BVSC remains the lead supplier of support for volunteers and volunteering
- To increase the resilience of the VCS in Bexley
- To create and maintain an influential and supportive relationship between the local VCS and its public sector partners in delivering on the Health and Social Care and Children and Young People agendas