The Bikeability Trust is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation whose object is to advance the education of the public in general (and particularly amongst children) on the subject of cycling. The Trust manages, develops and promotes the Bikeability programme, supports local Bikeability commissioners, schemes and instructors, and distributes Bikeability award materials.
The Bikeability Trust’s Vision is to ensure everyone has the confidence to cycle and enjoy this skill for life.
The Trust aims to make Bikeability the leading programme for cycle training by ensuring:
- Child focussed: We deliver cycle training to both children and adults, but the majority of delivery is helping children learn the life skill of cycling
- Inclusivity: We take action to reduce barriers to participation and ensure that anyone who wishes to access Bikeability cycle training is able to
- Efficiency: Our delivery programme offers value for money and is delivered in an economic and efficient way
- Influence: We share our evidence of the impact of cycle training across a variety of sectors (transport, education, environment, health, leisure, etc)
- Collaboration: We work with stakeholders, partners and commercial organisations to achieve our vision and ensure Bikeability is a household name