The British Paediatric Neurology Association is a registered charity and is the professional organisation for doctors who specialise in the care of children with neurological disorders.
BPNA charitable aims:
To promote the health and well-being of children with neurological disorders through:
- The training and education of professionals working in the field of paediatric neurosciences
- The promotion of research into the causes, effects and treatments of neurological disorders affecting children and young people
- The improvement of knowledge of professionals, the public and patients and their families through scientific and educational meetings
- The provision of professional support to members to facilitate the delivery of the above objectives and work with health service planners and providers to achieve this aim.
BPNA ethics values and principles:
Everyone involved with BPNA projects are responsible for ensuring their activities are run in accordance with the BPNA's ethics, values and principles. As members and staff of the BPNA, we aim to:
- Place patients and their families at the heart of our activities
- Promote an ethos of multidisciplinary working with fellow healthcare and related professionals
- Demonstrate through our actions that we place a high value on education and training
- Expect integrity and honesty in all our conduct
- Empower individuals to bring about positive change
- Seek excellence in all our endeavours