The Community Transport Association is a national charity and membership organisation that leads and supports thousands of local charities and community groups across the UK who deliver transport services that fulfil a social purpose and community benefit. We are for and about accessible and inclusive transport. Our vision is of a world where people can shape and create their own accessible and inclusive transport solutions and our mission is to achieve this through championing accessible and inclusive transport, connecting people and ideas and by strengthening our members and raising standards.
Through CTA’s network we get privileged insights into the worlds of people whose lives and choices are diminished by not being able to get to the places they want or need to be. It is their everyday experience of rarely or never using public transport and not owning a car that we learn from and use to influence our work.
We do this through contributing to the formation of public policy that affects our members and our sector. We show how better outcomes are achieved for people and communities when they have access to accessible and inclusive transport. We create partnerships with like-minded organisations across all sectors. We manage a national programme of quality assured education and training. We provide comprehensive advice and guidance to those delivering community transport; and we take every opportunity to champion the vital and indispensable work that our members do.
CTA in numbers
- We have around 1,300 members across the UK. You can find out a bit more about our members on our website.
- You would be joining a team of 20 staff across the UK. Head over to our website to meet the team!
- We have five offices; our main central office in Manchester with other offices in Belfast, Neath, Llandudno Junction and Edinburgh.
- We are governed by a board of 11 trustees, at least six of whom are selected from the CTA membership.
- Our annual income in 2018-19 was just over £1m.
We’re driven by five values that shape everything we do:
- We put members first
- We lead with authority and responsibility
- We prioritise mobility and accessibility
- We champion volunteering
- We think big