Crisis is the national charity for homeless people.
We are committed to ending homelessness. Every day we see the devastating impact homelessness has on people’s lives. Every year we work side by side with thousands of people, to help them rebuild their lives and leave homelessness behind for good.
Through our pioneering research into the causes and consequences of homelessness and the solutions to it, we know what it will take to end it.
Together with others who share our resolve, we bring our knowledge, experience and determination to campaign for the changes that will solve the homelessness crisis once and for all.
We mobilise a unique volunteer effort each Christmas to bring warmth, companionship and vital services to people at one of the hardest times of the year, and offer a starting point out of homelessness.
We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
We have a range of benefits available for staff on our standard terms and conditions of employment and some of these are also available to staff on other types of contract.
Generous leave arrangements including:
- 25 days annual leave increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service (plus public holidays)
- Option to purchase up to 10 additional days leave
- Up to 3 days leave to volunteer for Crisis or another organisation
- Paid carers and compassionate leave
- Employee assistance programme including access to counselling services
- Option to work up to 2 days from home
- Study leave
- Contributory pension scheme – employer contribution 8.5%, employee contribution 2.5% with the option of contributing via salary sacrifice
- Interest free loan for a rent deposit
- Interest free loan to purchase a season ticket or bike
- Non-contributory group life assurance scheme (up to 4 x annual salary)
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption pay
- Enhanced sick pay scheme
- Childcare vouchers