For many young people, the transition to adulthood isn’t easy. In the UK, one third of young people are lonely, half feel unready for work and half feel like they don’t belong to their community.
At GMYN, our vision is #YoungPeopleCan and we help young people in Greater Manchester overcome this. We deliver a range of development programmes and drop-in activities to help young people transition to adulthood feeling skilled, supported and positive.
Founded in 2007 by our Chief Executive, Alex Fairweather, we have grown from a single volunteering project to a registered charity and have helped over 10,000 young people.
Joining #TeamGMYN: Our Offer
At GMYN, we strive to be inclusive. Every member of #TeamGMYN is involved in all aspects of decision making, from strategic planning, setting the organisational values through to basic everyday practices to give everyone an active voice. We are responsive to the needs of the team and all support available is designed through consultation.
We are regularly reviewing our practices to create a safe, welcoming and supportive environment and encourage suggestions and feedback from staff to improve our offer.
- Health Assured: Staff have access to the Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme (EAP), a confidential third party offer to help you and your immediate family members deal with personal and professional problems that could be affecting your home life, work life, health and general wellbeing. The 24/7 service offers a wide range of support, including life support, legal information, bereavement support, medical information, CBT online and much more.
- Wellbeing Days: Staff can also benefit from five annual wellbeing days. Wellbeing days are ‘no-questions-asked’ days of annual leave, to be taken on the day they are needed, to allow you ad-hoc time away from work to manage any personal circumstances.
- Flexible Working: We operate flexible working hours and working from home policies to allow you to fit your personal commitments around your work.
- Childcare Vouchers: Anyone registered with an existing childcare voucher scheme can continue to benefit from this with GMYN.
- Accessible & Ethical: Our office is based at Greenfish Resource Centre, an ethical property committed to making social change. The building is accessible with a passenger lift, bike racks and gender neutral toilet and shower facilities.
- Renumeration: We are a living wage employer, setting salaries in line with NJC scales and reviewing annually. Our processes also remove barriers to progression and empower staff to formally request performance-based payrises.
- Annual Leave: All staff receive 25 days of annual leave, pro rata, rising after five years of continuous employment.
- Pension: We offer an 8% pension scheme with 3% employer contributions.
Whilst our staff team is diverse in many ways, people from BAME backgrounds and people with disabilities are currently under-represented, therefore applications from candidates who identify with these characteristics are welcomed and encouraged.