The Students’ Union is a democratic organisation run by students for students with over 20,000 members, to represent student views to the University at all levels and to provide support services for its members.
The SU is led by a team of elected Sabbatical Officers (one President, three Vice Presidents) and eleven Part-Time Officers.
We provide support and encourage our members to get involved with the university experience as much as possible, the below are to main areas were we engage with our members.
- Representation & Advice – Involvement with Student Council, Campaigns, Elections and members representation
- Advice – Provide advice to all our members regarding Health, Housing, Employment, Money, International Students, safety, academic and other issues not covered in the aforementioned
- Student Activities – Encompasses Societies, Sports groups, Give it a Go, Get Active, Awards, Varsity and much more.
- Employability and Volunteering – identifying opportunities and providing support
- Lower Deck in Greenwich - providing day-time food and social space
- Village Shop in Avery Hill – selling take-away food and coffee, snacks and confectionery, in addition to a ‘convenience’ offering including groceries and toiletries.