Hands Together Ludlow (HTL) is a small, local charity serving the market town of Ludlow, Shropshire, and its environs. We address key, local issues of isolation and loneliness, poor health and wellbeing, poor quality of life and we also enable access to services and activities for disadvantaged and vulnerable people.
We are a community led charity with a small staff group and an extensive network of volunteers who come from a variety of backgrounds and bring a wide range of skills and experience which are channelled to tasks where they can contribute most - from delivery drivers to befrienders, to lead volunteers bringing specific skills.
We support our communities through:
- The provision, largely through community volunteers, of direct services, resources and activities to individuals and families in need.
- Working alongside local agencies such as the council to help develop and implement local plans.
- Working in partnership with a range of organisations, including Community Connectors, Churches Together Around Ludlow (CTAL), Ludlow Food Bank, Ludlow Town Council and Shropshire Council. Operationally, many of our activities depend on joint working (for example befriending and surplus food collection).
- Supporting other organisations through sharing of good practice and providing a framework for developing new initiatives.
We do this in a number of ways including:
- Running the local Men’s Shed
- A weekly Good Start Together toddler group for parents experiencing difficulties
- Our monthly Good Grief Café
- Recruiting and supporting local volunteers and providing ways to engage the community
- Providing Tuesday Community Lunch, Wednesday Afternoon Tea and our ‘Company At Christmas’ Christmas Day lunch
- Supporting the Food Bank with surplus food collection and the cooking of fresh ingredients into frozen meals
- Providing a Community Helpline and emergency prescription delivery for those unable to leave home
- Offering Healthy Eating classes and support
- Social Prescribing activities
- Helping people get to important appointments with volunteer drivers
- Providing marshals at local events
- And a range of other interventions to help those in need