Healthwatch Lambeth is the independent health and social care champion for local people. We address inequalities in health and care, to help ensure everyone gets the services they need. We work to make people's voices count when it comes to shaping and improving Lambeth's health and social care services.
Our role is to:
- gather people’s views about their need for and experience of local health and social care services
- share this information with those involved in buying, providing and evaluating these services, and with Healthwatch England, the national champion
- use our representation on various boards and committees to make recommendations about how services could or should be improved
- signpost people to local health and social care services and choices
- help people get involved in checking, assessing and designing services
- carry out Enter and View visits to publicly funded adult health and social care services to listen to people’s experiences of the care they receive.