Home-Start Croydon is a voluntary organisation committed to promoting the welfare of families with at least one child under five years of age. Volunteers offer regular support, friendship and practical help to families in their own homes, helping to prevent family crisis and breakdown.
Our aims are:
To increase the confidence and independence of the family by:
- Offering support, friendship and practical assistance
- Visiting families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each adult and child can be respected and protected
- Reassuring parents that difficulties in bringing up children is not unusual and encouraging them to enjoy family life.
- Developing a relationship with the family in which time can be shared and understanding can be developed. This approach is flexible to take account of different needs.
- Encouraging parents’ strengths and emotional wellbeing – for the ultimate benefit of their children.
- Encouraging families to widen their network of relationships, and to effectively use the support and services available within the community.
In supporting all families, the welfare of the child is paramount.