This is Jamiat Relief Agency (JRA)
We are one of the oldest and largest organisations with a global grassroots network that has the reach and capability to:
Every day, our dedicated and experienced teams of workers and volunteers strive to solve problems around the world. From feeding the hungry to building homes for the displaced, we are helping the most affected people and changing lives for the better.
Currently we are looking for a proactive individual with community fundraising and volunteer management experience to join our UK branch as a Charity Manager and Fundraiser to help us maximise our donations and revenue.
Income generation and project development
• Research potential new trusts and foundations to develop a strong pipeline for sustainable donations and projects funding
• Work collaboratively with Directors, colleagues and well wishers/supporters to identify new opportunities to raise funds.
• Lead on developing template cases for support for each project area, ensuring they are always up-to-date and impactful.
• Create compelling, detailed and highly tailored applications for new project ideas, working closely with the Directors and other members to produce proposals, budgets and project plans.
Strategy and team leadership
• Lead the planning and delivery of the JRD fundraising strategy, to grow income in this area and meet the team’s annual target.
• Line manage the JRD team supporting them to achieve team goals and develop their skills and knowledge.
• Lead on monitoring and maintaining systems to track project-by-project income, monitor project spend and log unfunded project ideas.
• Ensure financial reporting is maintained and accurate, including annual income and expenditure budgeting, donor pipelines, monthly forecasting and weekly income tracking.
• Represent JRD across the range of organisations to build sustainable partnerships that enhance JRD finances and capabilities
• Work closely with the team to support the stewardship and management of restricted grants secured towards tge various projects.
• Manage and develop key donor relationships, working with the Director to develop and strengthen relationships at Trustee and operational levels.
• Ensure that donors receive regular and timely progress reports and appropriate recognition of their gifts.
• Ensure that all fundraising activities undertaken are legal, ethical and based on good practice guidelines such as those from the Fundraising Regulator and conducted in a way compatible with Autistica’s policies and professional reputation.
• Educated to degree level or equivalent.
• Demonstrable experience of regularly securing six-figure grants, and a track record of meeting targets and deadlines.
• Experience of producing timely, high-quality reports and delivering exceptional stewardship of trust donors.
• Ability to assess, comprehend and manage complex written and financial information quickly and accurately.
• Highly developed written communication skills that result in the production of clear and persuasive proposals and reports.
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with donors and operate at a senior level.
• Proven ability to form positive and productive relationships with internal stakeholders.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills, demonstrating the ability to understand and communicate complex research and policy issues.
• An understanding and appreciation of the legislation affecting charity fundraising.
• A background in research or science or experience of fundraising for a research charity or academic institution.
• Experience in statutory fundraising.
• Experience in project design and proposal development.
How to apply: Please apply online with your CV and a one-page cover letter by Thursday 7 January. Interviews will be held w/c 11 January.