What MEA are working towards:
- Vulnerable householders being supported to live with dignity at home, where cold doesn’t affect physical and mental health, and energy bills aren’t a worry.
- Well-informed householders making their homes more energy efficient, warmer and cheaper to run, producing significantly less carbon and generating their own power.
- Promoting trusted local companies that are able to install energy saving measures that work, and which use a local workforce, thereby helping to retain money in our local economies.
- Encouraging communities to work together to share knowledge and learning to create more vibrant and resilient places.
- Climate change will impact most on the vulnerable. We want to see a more significant leadership role from Local Authorities, preventative health organisations, faith networks, colleges and NGOs, able to influence, train and inspire in our shift to a low carbon society.