Migrants Organise is a platform where refugees and migrants organise for power, dignity and justice. We develop leadership and open up spaces for relational, organised participation of migrants and refugees in public life.
We belive that migration is fact of life, instead of resisting it – let’s organise it.
How do we work?
- We speak out. We make our voices heard, and we take a stand on the issues that affect us. We talk about the issues that matter to refugees and migrants. We tell our stories, and we create opportunities for our voice to be heard.
- We connect people. We act relationally, to help people belong. People need connections to belong and thrive with dignity. We see strength and resilience in our individual identities and experiences as people. We connect people with resources.
- We grow power. We recognise and use power to make change. We provide a platform for people to be powerful and develop skills, leadership, confidence and connections.
- We build common ground. We bring diverse people together around shared issues, on a shared platform. We create spaces for people to find common ground and shared perspectives for action.
What do we do?
- We organise: we work with communities to act for change. We develop leaders to understand their power, their issues, and how to build actions for change.
- We mobilise: we bring people to strategic actions and campaigns. We urge and support people to take action on the issues affecting migrants and refugees.
- We mentor: we support and advise people, and connect people with others who can provide support and advice on the journey to integration. We connect people with others who can share knowledge, experience or friendship.
- We train: we develop people’s skills, confidence, experience and capacity to act. We use workshops, training sessions, action and experience to help people to develop.
- We celebrate: we find and create platforms to recognise people. We celebrate migrants and refugees and their contributions.