Quaker Social Action (QSA) is a charity and a limited company, founded in 1867, which addresses poverty and social exclusion. We support over 3,000 people each year directly, as well as reaching hundreds more professionals each year through our training and campaigning activities.
As well as Move On Up, our award-winning projects meet practical needs:
- Homestore sells affordable, donated furniture to people on low incomes in east London.
- Down to Earth practically supports people on low incomes struggling with funeral costs and pushes for strategic change within the funeral industry and to government.
- Made of Money offers a creative and reflective approach to financial wellbeing for individuals and families on low incomes. A training programme shares our approach with professionals across the UK.
- This Way Up offers coaching and mindfulness to people on low incomes wanting to move on from a difficult experience and build up resilience for a more positive future.
- Bags of Taste supports people to develop healthy and affordable cooking habits through friendly and sociable cookery courses.
- Aberfeldy Big Local brings together neighbours on one estate in Tower Hamlets to connect with each other and bring about positive change in their local area.
We are not a religious charity but Quaker values of equality, simplicity and compassion sit at the heart of our work.