Shift.ms is a social network for people with multiple sclerosis. We aim to create a positive, enabling community which empowers MSers to acknowledge their MS, rethink how to achieve their ambitions and get on with their lives.
To achieve our aim, we focus on three areas
• Reducing isolation and increasing social support for MSers
• Helping MSers to acknowledge and actively manage their condition
• Creating a self-sustaining community organisation, run by its members
• No MSer should feel alone, particularly straight after diagnosis. We think it’s crucial to have support around this time, it’s probably the main reason we exist.
• A community can’t be a dictatorship. We want to make sure everyone gets a say.
• Life is interesting because people are different and have different ideas. We respect everyone’s opinion and let them speak freely (as long as they’re being nice about it, of course).
• Our community is global. Just because we’re based in the UK, doesn’t mean you have to be.
• Information overload is never a good thing. We love to do innovative projects which help MSers understand their MS in new ways.
• MS doesn’t mean giving up on your ambitions, just rethinking how to achieve them. We’re here to help MSers show each other it’s possible.