We’re a local charity with a big ambition: to help everyone face death informed, supported and pain-free. Providing expert hospice care, we’re there for people in West Sussex and East Surrey when life comes full circle.
We also pioneer standards in end of life care through collaboration, research and training, reaching even more people facing death and bereavement.
Here’s just some of what we accomplished together, and the impact we made, in 2017-18.
- Last year we cared for more than 2,100 people at the very end of life
- We raised more than £10.2m to keep the hospice running, whilst also being supported by NHS funds
- 30% of people we cared for had a diagnosis other than cancer
- Around 4,300 appointments with patients and carers were held at the hospice
- More than 500 people were seen by our Lymphoedema Service
- Around 25,000 hot or alcoholic drinks were served by volunteers from our drinks trolley
- Around 700 patients and family members were provided with welfare advice
- 67 people left a gift in their will to St Catherine’s. This helps us provide care to one in four people
- We made 2,600 furniture collections across our community
- Our volunteer car drivers spent 936 hours bringing patients to and from the hospice