IT'S HOW WE TALK
Set up in 1978, the BSA, now campaigning as Stamma, is a membership organisation. We provide information and support service for anyone affected by stammering. This includes a national telephone helpline and email service, online educational resources and information, and local support groups around the country. In the last year, over 2,000 people contacted us via our website, helpline or other means looking for help/support for themselves or for someone they care about.
A better life for people who stammer.
2019-2023 MISSION STATEMENT
To support anyone who stammers in the UK and create a society where people who stammer can fulfil their potential and enjoy respect and consideration.
- We will support more people in the UK who stammer
- We will increase community support, physical and online, for those who stammer and those who support them.
- We will educate the public about stammering
- We will manage the BSA effectively and efficiently
- Over the next five years, we will increase the number of people we support annually from 1,500 to 10,000.
- Over the next five years we will accredit and demonstrate quality control over our services.
- Over the next five years, the percentage of the public aware that stammering is largely neurological, and the percentage of the public knowing they shouldn’t finish the sentence of someone who stammers will increase five-fold.
- Within the next five years we will reach an annual income of £500K
- We aim to recruit 10,000 members and supporters by 2023.