The IARS International Institute is one of the world’s leading user-led NGOs with an international mission to give everyone a chance to forge a safer, fairer and more inclusive society. We achieve our charitable aims by producing evidence-based solutions to current social problems, sharing best practice and by supporting young people and the community to shape decision making. We are recognised as a leader in creating new knowledge and forming public and expert opinion.
● By empowering marginalised individuals of our society through accredited training, educational programmes, mentoring and one-to-one support
● By acting as an international network of NGOs bringing together people and ideas to share best practice and engage in debates on current social problems
● By carrying out action research and evaluation that is independent, credible, peer-reviewed, user-led, focused and current
● By supporting individuals and grass roots organisations to carry out their own initiatives to shape decision-making and society, and by helping them to maximise their social impact
● By being an authoritative, independent and evidence-based voice on current social policy matters.
Led by its Director, Dr. Claire Bonham and staffed with a dedicated team of experts, interns and volunteers, the IARS International Institute is known for its user-led robust, independent, evidence-based approach to solving current social problems. We are acknowledged internationally for our expertise in justice, equality and youth. We have delivered projects in areas such as restorative justice, rehabilitation, human rights and inclusion, citizenship, public services and user-led research evaluation.