Arts And Crafts Volunteer Volunteer Roles in Belfast
At WWT, we believe the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close. We use resources creatively to maximum effect, working against the odds. With our adventurous nature comes a deep sense of fun.
As a Craft Champion, you will be the main point of contact with families to assist them in undertaking seasonal crafts. You will ensure the family has all the items they need to safely undertake each activity providing assistance if required. You will have the support of the Learning team to undertake these sessions and we have plenty of craft materials for you to work with..
What will you be doing?
• Providing children with the correct equipment and materials to undertake seasonal craft activities. This will involve taking cash payments for crafts items purchased.
• Creating ideas and assisting in the preparation of crafts by re-stocking materials, producing samples for children to view and alerting staff to craft shortages.
• To assist in coming up with none plastic craft ideas for children to undertake during their visit to Castle Espie.
• Adhering to WWT procedures, such as Data Protection compliance, Health and Safety etc.
Volunteer as a princess, superhero or jedi to bring magic to children who need it!
Make a Smile volunteers can take on a number of different roles:
1. Characters - Visit children in costume, as well-known children's characters (eg princesses and superheroes). Provide support at events of a number of other charities, children's hospitals and council organisations through storytime, interactions and activities.
2. Magic Makers - Visit children out of costume and provide enrichment such as arts and crafts, games etc.
3. Committee - Help behind the scenes by organising events, recruiting volunteers, running training sessions, helping sort costumes, running fundraisers etc.
Wherever your skills lie! All training is given and costumes provided so all you need is a bit of enthusiasm!
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.