Jobladder Limited ("We") is committed to protecting your personal information and other data provided to us via this and any other JobLadder Website ("Website").
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is JobLadder Limited, 76 Hanover House, Coombe Road, Kingston upon Thames, KT2 7AZ.
Information We may collect from You and what do We do with it
- To take advantage of some of our services and the information provided on our Website, you will be required to log on or register with the Website. We may use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Website. The information will be collected when you register with the Website in order to use any of the services available via the Website.
- If you choose to advertise on the Website, certain personal information or data (including credit card and billing information) about you may be captured electronically or otherwise. In the event that such personal information or data is part of your advert, such personal information or data (excluding financial information or credit card or other payment details) will be posted to the Website as applicable and may be accessed by users of the Website.
- We will use the information that We collect to personalise your experience on the Website, to help you log on in future and to continue to use the Website, and to help us select services or materials for inclusion on the Website that may be of interest to you. We may need to pass your information to third parties who help us to maintain, administer or develop the Website but, if so, that information is only given to those third parties for that limited purpose.
- We also monitor traffic patterns and usage of our Website to help us improve our Website design and layout. We may pass this information to our partners, affiliates or other third parties but it will not contain any personally identifying information.
- If you conduct any transactions through the Website, details of these transactions that you carry and of the fulfilment of your orders may be captured, stored and used by us for the purposes described above. Details of your visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own record or billing purposes or otherwise and the services and resources that you access may also be captured, stored and used by us for these purposes.
- JobLadder may want to contact you to notify you of news about JobLadder, changes to the Website, special events or new services or opportunities that We think may interest you or JobLadder may use your details and information to communicate to you offers for services or goods from other companies within the JobLadder group or other companies which We think may be of interest to you. However, JobLadder will not contact you for these purposes unless you authorise us to do so by either ticking the relevant boxes (i.e. during registration on the Website) to authorise JobLadder to make such contact or you provide such authorisation in writing to JobLadder or electronically via the Website (if applicable). If, at any time thereafter, you change your mind and would rather not be contacted by JobLadder (or the third parties described above) to receive such information, please send an email to [email protected] with an explanation that you no longer wish to receive such information or in the event that you have received a communication containing such information, please click on the unsubscribe link set out in that communication. In those circumstances, JobLadder will not contact you again in relation to the information described above in this paragraph 1.5. However, JobLadder and/or its group companies will still use your details to send you information and communications in relation to the services or products for which you have registered.
- If you want to update any of your information held by JobLadder, you can either make certain changes on-line while you are logged in, or you can send an email detailing the required amendments to [email protected].
- JobLadder reserves the right to access and disclose personal data or information to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests, to operate its systems properly, or to protect itself or its users.
- In addition to the above, We may collect and process information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Jobladder Limited, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that We use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Disclosure of your Information with Third Parties
- From time to time, JobLadder may choose to pass your details to carefully selected, trusted third parties so that they can also provide you with details of other services or products that might be of interest to you. If you do not wish us to do so, you should follow the procedure set out in paragraph 1.6 above and We will not provide your information to third parties for such purposes.
- We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If Jobladder Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Jobladder Limited, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We follow security procedures as required by the Data Protection Act 1998 (United Kingdom) in the storage and disclosure of personal information that you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to such information. At times We may let you know about the products or services provided by carefully selected third parties. We will only deal with partners who comply with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 as amended from time to time) and any other applicable data protection legislation or regulations, or with whom We are satisfied have appropriate measures to protect data. However, JobLadder shall have no liability to you in respect of any breach of security by a third party.
- Your Consent
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- in the course of using this Website or registering with it and any services offered via this Website, certain information about you will be captured electronically or otherwise and transmitted to JobLadder and/or, potentially, to any third parties as set out above or to third parties who host our web servers or assist us in maintaining this Website; and
- You consent to the use, storage, or processing of your personal information by JobLadder (or any third party JobLadder uses for carrying out credit checks) for the purposes of carrying out any credit checks in the event that you enter into any financial transaction with JobLadder.
- You acknowledge and agree that:
- IP Addresses and Cookies - What are 'Cookies' and how do We use them?
- JobLadder does not use its persistent or session cookies to store personal information about you, except to store your login details to save you having to type in your details each time you log in, and in order to recommend suitable vacancies to you based on your previous activity on the Website.
- Most browsers accept cookies automatically but you have the ability to accept/decline cookies by altering the settings in your browser to prevent automatic acceptance of cookies. If you decline/disable cookies, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of the Website or the Website may not be available to you. To remove cookies from your web browser or to obtain further details on cookies, including information on persistent and session cookies, please go to www.aboutcookies.org/page-3.
- Links to Other Sites
- Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Your Rights
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if We intend to use your data for such purposes or if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms We use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected].
- Access to Information
- The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information We hold about you.
Data Protection Indemnity