About these terms
- These are our terms of business. Together with the documents which they refer to, they set out all of the terms of the contract between you and us, whether you use our Service as a Candidate, as a Recruiter, or as an Advertiser.
- We may revise these terms at any time by amending this page and we will notify you by email of any significant changes we make to them.
Who we are
- CharityJob is a trading name of JobLadder Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with company number 4672430. Our registered office is at 143 Station Road, Hampton, Middlesex, TW12 2AL and our trading address is Hanover House, 76 Coombe Road, Kingston upon Thames, KT2 7AZ. Our VAT number is 745 0608 40. You can contact us by email at [email protected] and telephone 020 8939 8430.
About our Service and our role
- Our service is a platform for use via our website at www.charityjob.co.uk (Service), bringing together individuals seeking employment (Candidates) and recruitment professionals and employers (Recruiters) and advertisers (Advertisers), all primarily active in the charity sector.
- Recruiters are able to post current vacancies of either paid jobs or volunteer roles that are searchable by Candidates to allow them to apply for such positions (Jobs).
- Advertisers are able to post advertisements promoting their brand and services they provide, such as training courses (Adverts).
- Our role is to provide the platform facilitating these connections, not to oversee them, and we are not party to any subsequent employment contract between Candidates and Recruiters or services contracts between Advertisers and Users.
- We do not operate a vetting procedure nor do we run background checks and therefore we cannot take responsibility for the accuracy or completeness of information that our Users provide about themselves.
Your responsibilities generally
- When you create an account with us, we ask you to choose a password to protect your account. You must keep that password safe and you must not share it with anyone else. If you think someone else might know your password, you must change it straight away. You are solely responsible for all actions taken on our Service using your account.
- Whether you use our Service as a Recruiter, as a Candidate or as an Advertiser (in each case, a User), we will ask you to provide us with certain information about you, such as your full name and email address. That information must be true, complete and current, and you must ensure that you keep it up to date. You may not create an account with us using an assumed name or someone else’s identity.
- It is possible that you will communicate outside of our Service with other Users. Whenever you communicate with other Users in the context of the Service, you must not abuse or threaten them, use discriminatory language (such as racial slurs) to them, mislead them or make them promises you do not intend to keep. We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your account immediately in response to complaints about your conduct towards other Users.
- Where another User shares with you in the context of the Service information which they describe as confidential, or which is obviously confidential, you must not share that information with anyone else without their permission, unless you are required to do so by law. You must not post any confidential information (whether yours or another User’s) in any area of the Service which is visible to Users generally, and we will not have any liability if you do.
Uploading content to our Service
Our Service allows you to upload various materials, including text, images and video, which other Users will see. Whenever any material is uploaded using your account, you must ensure that you have all the necessary rights to use that material and to share it with us and with other Users of our Service, and you must ensure that such material does not contain anything:
- which is a trade secret or otherwise confidential; or
- which is unlawful, offensive, obscene, defamatory or which tends to promote discrimination on the basis of a characteristic protected by law.
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and Users of the Service a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in the next paragraph (Rights you licence).
- We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Service constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other User.
- We have the right to remove any posting you make on the Service.
- The views expressed by other Users on our Service do not represent our views or values.
- Our Service allows you to upload various materials, including text, images and video, which other Users will see. Whenever any material is uploaded using your account, you must ensure that you have all the necessary rights to use that material and to share it with us and with other Users of our Service, and you must ensure that such material does not contain anything:
Rights you licence
When you upload or post content to our Service, you grant the following licenses:
- a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to us to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works or, display, your content in connection with the Service across all media including but not limited to, promotion of the Service; and
- a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to all Users to use the content for their purposes in connection with Service that will terminate upon the deletion of your content.
- When you upload or post content to our Service, you grant the following licenses:
Our intellectual property rights
- We own or are licensed to use the intellectual property rights in our Service, including our branding, trademarks and the underlying technologies. We grant to you a non-exclusive, revocable, royalty-free, non-sublicensable licence to use our Service in accordance with these terms for as long as your account remains active.
- You agree that we may, at any time, revoke your licence to use our Service, at which point you agree to take all necessary steps to remove any derivative data from any device under your control.
- You may not make any use of or exploit in any way, any of our intellectual property rights except to the extent permitted by this clause 7.
Your particular responsibilities as a Candidate
- Our Service is free for Candidates. If you wish to terminate your account with us then you can do this via the Service or email us at [email protected] and we will do so.
- When you create your account with us as a Candidate, we may ask you to provide us with your full CV or with relevant information about your experience, specialisms, salary, revenue, a short summary about your expertise and a short summary about your career situation and aspirations, your work experience, and your education, photograph, location and interests. That information can be viewed by Recruiters and we use it to match you with potential Jobs and to give you the chance to apply to perform those Jobs, so you must ensure that the information you give to us is accurate and current, and you must keep it up to date.
- You must not apply for a Job unless, based on the information which the Recruiter has provided, you are reasonably satisfied that you have the skills, knowledge, resources and experience necessary for that Job.
- You must not offer to perform, or describe yourself as able to perform, any service or task which is unlawful.
Your particular responsibilities as a Recruiter or Advertiser
- By creating an account as a Recruiter or as an Advertiser, you confirm that you are not a consumer and will not be using your account for anything other than business purposes. Each time you use our Service, you represent to us that you are using our Service in the course of your business or profession. If that representation is, or becomes, untrue, we will be entitled to terminate your account immediately.
- You must not post a Job which it would (in whole or in part) be unlawful to perform.
- All Job posts must comply with laws protecting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination. We reserve the right to remove from our Service any Jobs or Advert which you post in breach of these terms.
- Details of our fees payable in return for our Service can be found here. Our fees quoted are exclusive of VAT, should VAT be payable, we will add it on to our fees.
- If fees are not charged upfront, payment of invoices are due within 30 days from the date of the invoice.
- If an invoice remains outstanding for more than 7 days we reserve the right to suspend your account until full settlement is received.
- If you wish to terminate your account with us, please do this via the Service or email us at [email protected] and your account will be terminated at the end of your then-current subscription period.
- We do not offer refunds of any payments already received by us.
Discounts and promotion offers
- We may offer discounts or other promotional offers from time to time. We reserve the right to not honour such discount or promotional offer for any reason including but not limited to, fraud or mistake.
- We may advertise offers available only to specific users. To see the specifics of such offers, refer to the "Offer Specific Terms & Conditions" page.
- The price advertised in our offers reflects the discount applied to one or several of our advertising products. To see the specific pricing of our offers, refer to the "Offer Specific Terms & Conditions" page.
- CharityJob reserves the right to remove or modify any offer listed on the "Offer Specific Terms & Conditions" page at any time.
No reliance on information
- The content available on our Service is provided for your general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
- Certain salary information may only be approximate estimations and may be based on approximate currency calculations.
- Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information available on our Service, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that its content is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
Our rights and responsibilities generally, and our liability to you
- We operate the Service. We will use reasonable endeavours to keep the technology powering the Service operational, allowing for appropriate maintenance windows and acknowledging that a certain amount of unscheduled downtime is inherent in Internet based services such as the Service, and we will perform the Service using reasonable skill and care. We offer no other warranty in respect of the Service, and all warranties which would otherwise be implied into these terms by operation of law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted.
- We may add or remove features from the Service from time to time. We will use reasonable endeavours to inform you of changes to features of the Service likely to have a significant impact on how you use it.
- We are not responsible for Candidate’s acceptance and performance of Jobs, nor for the Recruiter’s payment of salary.
- If a dispute arises between Users, we may offer our assistance to resolve the matter but we are under no obligation to achieve a compromise or resolution, and Users remain responsible for resolving disputes according to the contract between them.
- Nothing in these terms excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded or limited by English law.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Service or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any business user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Service; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Service.
If you are a business, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Otherwise, our total liability to you arising under or in connection with these terms or the Service, regardless of the legal theory of liability, is limited to an amount equal to the total fees you have paid to us in the 12 months preceding the event (or last in the series of events) giving rise to such liability.
- If you are a consumer, please note that we only provide our Service for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Service for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
We may suspend or terminate your account with us immediately:
- if you breach these terms;
- if we reasonably believe it is necessary to protect our interests or those of other Users;
- if you become bankrupt or insolvent; or
- if you die or otherwise become incapable of performing your obligations under these terms.
- We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Service or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
- We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked on our Service. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the ADR provider we use. You can submit a complaint to the ADR Group via their website at www.consumer-dispute.co.uk. The ADR Group will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings. Please note that we do not agree to be bound by the decision of the ADR Group.
- In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. If you decide to use this service, please use the following email address when asked for the trader's email address when completing the form: [email protected]
Other important terms
- These terms and the documents referred to in them contain the whole of the agreement between you and us relating to the Service.
- No representation or other pre-contractual statement will have any legal effect unless (and solely to the extent that) it is repeated in these terms.
- These terms are the terms of a contract whereby we provide you with access to our Service. Nothing in these terms will create any relationship of partnership, agency or employment between us.
- No waiver of any of these terms will be valid unless we agree it in writing.
- Neither party will have any liability for its failure to perform its obligations under these terms if and to the extent that failure is caused by a reason beyond its reasonable control.
- These terms and all non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them are governed by English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.