Logo Designer Volunteer Volunteer Roles in Newcastle
Help us with redesigning the navigation on our Website.
Numberfit is a social enterprise that works to make Maths learning fun and engaging for children across all age groups. We are looking to grow our reach and with this our team.
We would like the volunteer to work with us to redesign and simplify our existing website, creating a clear and enjoyable user journey.
Some of the tasks we are looking for UI/UX Design volunteers to help us with are:
- Coordinate with the core team on issues like navigation, page routing, product page design, and more
- Develop mock-ups for our development and design teams.
You will be working in the Design team, where visual assets such as the Numberfit logo will be provided to you. You will also work with the lead developer, who oversees the administration of the Numberfit website on WordPress and the development of web applications across Numberfit products.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a volunteer who has experience in:
- UI/UX design
- Adobe Illustrator
- Creating low- and high-fidelity prototypes on paper and in digital prototyping tools, such as Adobe XD or Sketch.
- Experience working to design briefs and within branding guidelines.
- Has the ability to quickly understand our needs
- Can ask key questions to enable us to clarify requirements
The volunteer must also:
- Have high attention to detail and strive for accuracy throughout their work.
- Understand the resource constraints of a small organisation and be able to work with these
- Be open to feedback
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS would be advantageous.
- An appreciation of responsive web design would be invaluable. This means you are able to create digital assets at different image resolutions and appropriate file formats to cater to different device viewports, and you understand how different viewports require changes to the sizing, positioning, and arrangement of content on web pages.
- Educated to a Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience. A design graduate with excellent design thinking skills and industry experience in UI/UX design would be beneficial.
- Experience working with user interface component libraries.
What difference will you make?
With your help, we will be able to launch a new website that showcases our programmes and their impact and helps us continue raising the profile of mathematics, enjoyable learning, and children's wellbeing.
What’s in it for you?
You would become part of our small, friendly team and have the opportunity to use your time to make a real difference to the organisation’s ability to provide and showcase our enjoyable maths sessions and materials for children across all age groups.
What skills should you have?
- Web Design
What skills will you gain?
- Relevant qualification / training / experience
- Own computer or secure access to one
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Volunteer Opportunity: Graphic Designer for REMIX, a Young People’s Charity
Are you passionate about empowering young people and have a flair for visual design? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you!
We're setting up a new young peoples charity and need a Graphic Designer who can offer their skills, talents and experience to help our new charity move forward to success.
About REMIX: REMIX is a startup charity dedicated to empowering young people. We will offer result-driven programmes that address the holistic needs of young people, from life skills, personal development and employability skills to healthy living. Our programmes will be designed to help young people develop essential skills, confidence, and resilience to overcome barriers and achieve their goals.
Role: Graphic Designer (VOLUNTEER)
We are seeking a volunteer to take on the role of Graphic Designer. In this role, you will work closely with the Founder and CEO, creating engaging and impactful visual content for REMIX, including logo, branding guidelines, social media assets, roll up banners, welcome booklet, training materials and much more.
- Design and produce creative assets for digital and print media.
- Collaborate with the team to visually communicate REMIX’s mission and programmes.
- Ensure consistency in the visual branding across all platforms.
- Provide creative input and ideas on new design projects.
- Proficiency in graphic design software.
- Strong visual design skills and a keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with a team.
- Passion for youth empowerment and a belief in the potential of every young person.
If you are ready to join a dynamic team and make a difference in the lives of young people, we would love to hear from you. Join us in transforming lives and challenging the status quo. Together, we can remix the future for young people.
Please note that this is a volunteer position. However, it offers a great opportunity to make a difference, gain experience, and be part of a passionate team.
To apply, please send your Portfolio of previous graphic design work.
We look forward to hearing from you!