Sale Assistant Volunteer Roles in Belfast
As an event volunteer you will play a vital role by raising awareness of our services, assisting with fundraising and engaging with the local community.You will represent Magpas Air Ambulance at a wide range of events indoors and outdoors, come rain or shine. You may be assisting with car parking, meeting and greeting, setting up a stall, selling merchandise, engaging the public and answering questions. Magpas Air Ambulance have a presence at over 150 events each year and need reliable, friendly people like you to help us achieve this. At larger events you will be supported by an event lead and we'll always make sure you are prepared and confident, you don't need to have previous experience, just be willing to get stuck in!
As an event volunteer, you will be expected to:
- Represent Magpas Air Ambulance in a respectful and friendly manner.
- Understand the work of Magpas Air Ambulance to secure basic knowledge and enthusiasm for our service.
- Wear your Magpas Air Ambulance ID badge while volunteering, ensuring it's visible at all times.
- Follow the leadership and guidance of the event lead, staff member or event organiser.
- Assist in all event activities in a flexible and friendly manner.
- Have good communication skills and be able to work with other volunteers and staff as part of a team.
- Process the sale of merchandise and take donations.
- Follow all Magpas Air Ambulance policies and procedures, including reporting any accidents and incidents.
- Recognise, respond to and report any safeguarding issues or concerns.
What you can expect from us:
- Regular support and advice from our staff team.
- Expenses covered in line with our volunteer policy.
- On-the-job training specific to your role.
- Events where you can meet other volunteers and share ideas.
- Impressive skills to add to your CV and a reference if/when you need it.
- The opportunity to meet a network of like-minded people.
- We are an equal opportunity organisation and welcome volunteers with diverse abilities.
As well as joining the Magpas Air Ambulance family, you will make new friends and be an important connection within your community representing the work of a lifesaving team.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.