4 Senior fundraising copywriter jobs
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
- Are you a digital expert?
- Do you know how to harness the power of digital to tackle inequality and discrimination and end the HIV epidemic for good?
National AIDS Trust is the UK's HIV rights charity. We work to stop HIV from standing in the way of health, dignity and equality, and to end new HIV transmissions. Our expertise, research and advocacy secure lasting change to the lives of people living with and at risk of HIV.
We're looking for someone who is passionate about bringing an end to the HIV epidemic in the UK and improving the lives of people living with HIV to expand and develop our digital presence, including managing the website, social media and delivering exciting and engaging digital content and projects that support campaigns and fundraising efforts.
You'll be a digital whizz, with a strong understanding of how to use websites and social media as a force for good. You'll know what makes great content, be a fab copywriter and have good design skills. And you'll be able to support with occasional press and media work as part of an integrated communications team.
Closing date for applications: 9am Thursday 3 February 2022
Interviews: Thursday 10 February 2022
The application pack documents can be downloaded from our website, or by sending an email quoting the job title, together with your name and address, or by calling us. All materials are available in alternative formats upon request.
National AIDS Trust is committed to equality and diversity and particularly encourages applications from people living with HIV, gay and bisexual men, trans and non-binary people, and people from black and minority ethnic communities.
We welcome applications from disabled people and are committed to making reasonable adjustments wherever possible.
National AIDS Trust (NAT) is a Registered Charity No. 297977 and a Company Limited by Guarantee No.2175938 (registered in England and Wales)
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Senior Creative Copywriter
£42,689 per year
35 hours per week
We are seeking a Senior Creative Copywriter to join our multi-disciplined in-house creative studio team.
This role will work across a variety of fundraising, marketing and communications projects and campaigns providing audience-tailored content that embodies the distinctive Scope brand and tone of voice.
As we step into our 70th year, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing movement and help us achieve our goal of equality for all disabled people.
Interpret and interrogate briefs and deliver inspiring creative solutions that meet the audience needs and specified objectives.
Produce copy for a range of marketing, communications, fundraising and campaigning activities for multiple channels and audiences.
Deliver an excellent service to internal stakeholders and evangelise the power of creative to colleagues.
Collaborate with people with lived experience to co-produce content and activity.
Upskill and educate colleagues with editorial workshops.
You’ll have extensive experience producing compelling copy for a range of multi-channel marketing and campaigning activities. You’ll have pitched and presented many successful creative concepts that have successfully met client objectives and audience needs.
Working alongside a team of practitioners, you’ll relish every opportunity to share your expertise and work collaboratively with colleagues and stakeholders. You’ll give and receive feedback positively and take an active interest in evaluation, analysis and insight in order to boost future performance.
You’ll be able to juggle multiple projects with competing deadlines and seamlessly prioritise your work. You’ll keep others up-to-date and communicate effectively with all levels of an organisation.
You’ll know how to elevate a brand and how to punch through a busy digital marketplace with engaging copy. You’ll understand that championing the voices and rights of disabled people is key to our success and will always promote our core values.
You have lived experience of disability, understand the social model of disability and relentlessly champion accessibility and inclusion. OR you are prepared to put the time and effort into learning from and listening to others who can help you get your head around the issues.
We ask you demonstrate an appreciation of Scope’s values and ambition of achieving Everyday Equality for disabled people.
If you want to make a difference and become a Disability Gamechanger, we'd love to hear from you. Apply Today!
Close date: 15/02/2022
Equality and inclusion are at the heart of our mission and we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace.
We work hard to ensure that we are making exciting opportunities available to all, and everyone feels valued, heard and respected so that we continue to build a high performance, high engagement culture.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, and guarantee interviews to disabled applicants who meet the minimum job criteria. Please let us know in your application if you are applying under the Guaranteed Interview Scheme.
If you would prefer an application form or need any of the job information in a different format such as large print or braille. Please contact us via our website.
Our Values - Pioneering, Courageous, Connected, Open, Fair
By living our values and trusting each other, we empower our colleagues to make decisions. By giving our colleagues freedom and space to spark creativity for innovation, we can push boundaries, change mindsets and be empowered to change the game with grit and determination and a sense of urgency.
We encourage everyone to bring their whole selves to work and embrace our values of being open and fair, courageous, connected and pioneering. We believe hard work deserves reward and recognition and offer a wide range of benefits including 35 days annual leave in Retail, 27 days plus Bank Holidays working in our Head Office, flexible working (where we can), company pension, excellent training and career development, strong colleague networks across disability, race and LGBTQ+, wellbeing incentives like a discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, and much more.
Who we are at Scope?
Scope is a disability equality charity in England and Wales. Together we are Disability Gamechangers. We belong to one team, dedicated to achieving a society where all disabled people enjoy equality and fairness. Our mission is to achieve Everyday Equality for disabled people, and we campaign tirelessly to create change.
Working at SH:24
First off, thank you for considering a role with us!
SH:24 is a pioneering online sexual and reproductive health service, delivered in partnership with the NHS. We make it easy for people to self-manage their sexual and reproductive health online by providing free STI test kits, contraception & treatment, information and advice - 24 hours a day. We’ve won a host of awards and industry recognition for what we do, and we’re happy to say that our reach and services offered are expanding every day.
We are not-for-profit and passionate about delivering discreet, convenient and clinically safe sexual health services. Our vision is to make it easier and faster for people to access sexual and reproductive health services, no matter where they live; we’ve been doing it since 2013. We’re also proud of our community and the people who work for us; those who have helped us shape a company that puts our users at the heart of everything we do by designing services that are easy to use, easy to access and easy to understand by all that need them.
This is a rare, incredibly exciting and rewarding opportunity to join a high performing team and a rapidly expanding health tech scale-up, with a meaningful social mission.
We are looking for a confident, talented and motivated Product Owner to champion and manage a portfolio of our products, end to end; from vision to delivery.
We want to find someone who will help us achieve our mission and evolve and scale our products and services.
We are open minded to the professional background and experience of candidates (hence the salary banding). We are always looking for people with energy and the right attitude, who are willing to apply and develop themselves within an area they are really passionate about.
Our current Product and Engineering team is made up of 16 wonderful people. Two product owners, 12 software engineers and two QA testers. We’re committed to design and are actively growing our design team.
There are tangible growth opportunities in this team, you will be offered all the support and encouragement we can afford.
What We Need From You
You will have a passion for delivering and upholding excellent experiences. You are adept at identifying, synthesising, understanding and championing user needs.
You will need to be a highly motivated self-starter - ready to take ownership of a product portfolio and roadmap, which you will be responsible for delivering. You will need to be self-organised, highly disciplined and feel comfortable working openly and collaboratively to overcome or remove blockers.
You will be an expert at collating, assimilating, synthesising and communicating requirements which meet the needs of multiple stakeholders/perspectives.
You will be enthusiastic about creating positive social change, be user focused, collaborative, hard working and have a flexible approach suited to working within an agile fast-paced health care environment.
You will be a team player, and work in cross-functional teams, with designers, developers, other Product Owners and other key stakeholders in the organisation (inclusive of clinical, operations and finance teams).You should enjoy communicating, developing and maintaining strong relationships to ensure that you fully understand key departmental objectives, as well as the overarching strategy.
You will be user-centred and naturally inclined to put users at the centre of development to meet their needs, always looking at ways to ethically measure and iteratively improve their experience. You will embrace a design-led ‘build, test and learn’ approach and continuously seek optimisation.
- Work closely with the board to define and nurture product vision and strategy
- Focus the team around that vision. Take ownership of and manage backlogs
- Inject energy and freshness into team ceremonies
- Have a user-centric approach to problems whilst maintaining a sharp focus on business strategy and aims
- Work with our VP of Engineering, other POs and Dev Leads to ensure alignment of product and technology (including planning and prioritisation).
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure roadmaps and features are aligned with marketing and communications strategies
- Work closely with designers and copywriters to specify requirements, support testing and prototyping and manage the delivery of assets and components
- Champion user needs; anticipating and empathising with user needs
- Utilise the rhythm of regular meetings with other departments both to experience the issues they have and to educate and inform them about the development process
- Manage the new product development process, including the division and management of a product roadmap, together with testing and release schedules
- Gather requirements in line with business objectives and then collate, synthesise and deliver new features and optimisations; diligently managing expectations
- Provide insight to colleagues on the product performance
- Directly contribute (wherever possible and/or required) to the entire development process, end to end
- Foresee and mitigate upcoming challenges and issues
- Generate detailed user stories and acceptance criteria
- Personally UAT stories and work with QA engineers to ensure features are acceptable
- Constantly review user feedback and analytics in order to optimise our products and improve user experiences
Skills & competencies
- A demonstrable history as a Product Owner for at least 2 years.
- Working in a fast paced highly agile, start-up environment.
- Experience with a varied product portfolio (adding new features whilst optimising / maintaining existing ones).
- Working within a multidisciplinary team of designers, researchers, developers - as well as collaborating with colleagues across the entire organisation.
- Managing feature and optimisation stories from conception through to deployment. Overseeing developing high level requirements (inclusive of user testing as required), prototyping, design, acceptance criteria, software development and UAT.
- Well versed with agile methodologies, including Kanban.
- Confident leading team ceremonies (stand-ups / planning / retrospectives).
- Demonstrable experience of working with senior team members.
- A depth of experience and confidence in devising and leading product roadmaps and managing complex priorities and backlogs.
- Exposure to/management of managing e-commerce biased products.
- Authoring ACs.
- Gather clear requirements and prioritise needs.
- Organise backlogs, plan, maintain momentum and facilitate user acceptance testing.
- Extensive experience with Agile tools, be it Shortcut, Jira, Trello, Basecamp or another, inclusive of analytics and performance metrics.
- Will have, as part of a previous role, understood a complex user-facing or B2B application, capable of breaking down its features and architecture in a way non-technical employees could understand.
- Practical experience working on multiple projects within a multidisciplinary team in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- Basic design skills and experience using tools such as as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite etc (ability to generate low-fi mock-ups / wireframes).
- Excellent listener.
- Second to none communication skills.
- Highly collaborative.
- Align a cross-functional team in delivering value to our users and the business.
- Have an awareness of what it means to work within healthcare, to be responsible for delivering services that protect and support users particularly those who may be more vulnerable.
- Quick to learn.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage expectations of internal and external stakeholders.
- Managing expectations and celebrating success.
Character & personality:
- A good listener, honest critic and imaginative problem solver.
- A willingness to get stuck in and be hands-on.
- Disciplined, organised and thorough.
- Ability to keep calm and think rationally under pressure, and react quickly and efficiently to change.
- Drive and determination to always get the job done to the highest standard, and willingness to go the extra mile to do so.
Nice to have, but not essential:
- A relevant degree.
- Experience of working with OKRs or similar objective based frameworks.
- Experience of working within the health care sector.
- Experience using/managing a CMS.
- Background in design, software engineering, e-commerce (conversions, performance, UX and analytics), technical writing or business management.
What You’ll Get From us
We are always interested in up-skilling our employees, and are flexible in ways to do it: be it courses, books, onsite or remote learning with a colleague - whatever suits the situation best. If there is a particular skill or product you would like to work on and improve, we’ll always try to accommodate you.
We’re also keen to allow the team to work in the way they want - you can choose the OS of your machine, your chair, standing desk, dual monitors etc. If there is anything you need, don't be afraid to ask.
As well as remuneration in the region of £40-70k based on experience, SH:24 provides a number of other benefits, including 25 days of annual holiday (in addition to the days between Christmas and New Year), truly flexible working, excellent pension contributions and life insurance.
Our common values underpin everything we do as employees at SH:24. They show 'how' and 'why' we enjoy working together. We feel these values represent our staff and will help you understand what it means to be a part of SH:24!
Respect: Understanding, respecting, and supporting one another is fundamental to us.
Acceptance: We enjoy each other’s company, we’re open minded and accepting of people’s differences.
Empathy: We are proud to positively impact people’s lives. We love to hear from our users and always want to do better.
Reflection & Initiative: We think critically and thoughtfully and are committed to trying out our ideas.
Conscience & Creativity: We have a strong social conscience. We explore big issues and we’re driven to respond creatively.
Drive & Enthusiasm: A commitment to grow, succeed and celebrate together.
Equality and Diversity
As an employer, SH:24 is committed to inclusivity.
We want to increase representation of currently under-represented groups to make SH:24 more diverse.
Our aim is to build an inclusive team, where everyone is able to be themselves at work and feel supported, empowered, valued, respected, fairly treated and able to achieve their full potential.
As an inclusive employer we will not tolerate discrimination.
The interview process comprises of three stages:
- 30 minute ‘get to know you’ telephone interview with a member of the Product & Engineering team.
- 90 minute face to face interview, with a small panel, where we will ask you to present a prepared exercise.
- 30 minute follow-up interview with a senior member of the team.
The panel will be composed of colleagues from the Product & Engineering team and representation from other teams across the wider organisation.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our wonderful Product & Engineering team, please apply with your CV and cover letter. Deadline for applications is Friday 4th February 2022.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
International Medical Corps UK provides emergency relief to those struck by disaster no matter where they are, no matter what the conditions, working with them to recover, rebuild and gain the skills and tools required for self reliance.
International Medical Corps (IMC) and International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK) with headquarters in the United States and the United Kingdom respectively, work collaborate to maximize resources for the delivery of appropriate relief and development activities. International Medical Corps (IMC) is an US-registered independent affiliate organization of International Medical Corps UK (IMC UK), with which IMC UK shares the same name and charitable objectives and mission.
To support the Communications team in highlighting the work of International Medical Corps UK, creating and strengthening the organisation brand across external audiences, including Europe and the Middle East. The role will also undertake activities which meet visibility requirements as set by donors.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the guidance of the Director, Global Communications, manage and maintain visibility requirements across International Medical Corps UK programmes:
- Liaise with the field team to gather relevant information about and for communications activities
- Act as a trusted source of written materials for internal actors, including creating, editing and proofing documents, and advising on impact delivery measures, with a commitment to creating and ensuring high-quality, accurate materials
- Support visibility and brand-awareness initiatives, including the research and creation of public-facing documents, and identifying opportunities; attend meetings with potential partners when required
- Participate in organizational media-relations efforts, including identifying and maintaining a strong network of trusted journalists who can help deliver key International Medical Corps UK messaging; leverage media-relations database to expand contacts, maintain information on existing contacts and report on interactions with contacts
- Support internal communications initiatives, as directed by manager
- Help to conduct a needs assessment of marketing materials for the organisation; help create and distribute identified materials
- Act as an internal copywriter for production of marketing materials, collateral, internal templates and ad-hoc projects as directed
- Coordinate projects for donor recognition, including acknowledging national days and religious events, supporting visibility projects, etc.
- Build valuable relationships with International Medical Corps figures in country missions and across the Global Communications team, to create additional opportunities and raise efficiencies in performance
- Ensure that Communications files and documents are organised and accessible; help to maintain the department's OneCorps page
- Report on Communications team's efforts and activities
Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned. Please note that the duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive. This job description is subject to review to ensure that it reflects the strategic direction requirements of International Medical Corps UK.
Code of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps UK's and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one's own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps UK's policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps UK is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
- Typically, a Bachelor's degree in related area. Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- Typically, 3+ years of relevant experience in similar role
- A superior knowledge of the media environment and editorial procedures
- Advanced writing ability and an understanding of the techniques employed in content creation and distribution
- Tested project-management skills and the capability to prioritise tasks under tight deadlines
- Demonstrable understanding of the organisation's priorities and goals, and the ability to effectively analyse complex problems
- A wealth of innovative ideas and approaches through which to deliver brand-building activities
- Excellent understanding of and experience with International Medical Corps UK donor policies and regulations
- Knowledge of and sensitivity to the wide variety of cultures reflected in International Medical Corps activities
- Ability to travel internationally when required
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.