339 Accountant jobs
An exciting FTC opportunity for a Project Accountant with proven analytical, budget monitoring and reporting experience. The role is varied and the successful candidate must have drafting, administration, presentation and communication skills.
A international Not For Profit organisation based in London.
Key Responsibilities for the Project Accountant
- Monitor the execution of the Budget
- Prepare and manage the mandatory project financial reports
- Independently manage all the administrative aspects related to the project financial closure towards end of the Projects.
- Adhoc administrative duties
At least three years financial experience with budgeting.
- A fantastic opportunity for a Project Accountant to work for a fascinating international Not For Profit organisation who are implementing interesting and important projects which require financial and administrative support.
- Circa £40,000
- Flexible working hours
The ESG industry is a rapidly growing space, and this company is right at the forefront of pioneering work within this sector! This international company, set to double in size in the next year alone and continue expanding their reach globally, create positive disruptions in economic systems to further endeavours towards a low-carbon energy environment, regenerative oceans, circular economy and much more.
As International Accountant, your main responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the International Financial Controller and CFO in setting up banking and financial infrastructures for newly-set up legal entities as the company continues to expand globally
- Reviewing monthly and annual statutory accounts
- Leading the procurement process to select and secure an outsourced provider who will produce the statutory accounts for all global regions
- Assisting with the new finance system implementation, embedding changes and ensuring its integration with other internal systems
The successful candidate will:
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with at least two years' post-qualification experience in a similar accountancy role
- Have knowledge of international GAAP and strong technical financial accounting experience in an international environment
- Be very finance systems-literate, with proven experience of supporting system implementations or developing existing systems
- Have some experience of monthly management accounting and forecasting
My client is a very well recognised not for profit events organisation currently looking to strengthen their finance department with the appointment of an Assistant Accountant. With the organisation currently undergoing a restructuring process, they are looking to bring in a strong candidate on an interim basis.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Management of AP and AR functions
- Support the Financial Accountant in the maintenance of an accurate fixed asset register including monthly reconciliation
- Support the Financial Accountant in ensuring assigned balance sheet and control accounts
- Streamline current processes for maximum efficiency
The Successful Candidate:
Will be able to demonstrate they have experience with both AP and AR leading. Additionally, the client is looking for someone who is reliable, with a can do attitude, ready to tackle a challenge. Furthermore, some management experience is a bonus.
Due to a major capital build project, my client is looking for a highly capable accountant to come and join them during the initial phase of set up and early construction. This is a pivotal role within the business and an excellent opportunity to be part of an exciting new project that will have a lasting legacy.
- Take full responsibility for the financial management of the project including setting up financial processes, manage cash flow, investment and loan portfolios.
- Coordinating monthly management accounts to ensure delivery of timely, accurate and robust reporting.
- Delivery of project reports and management information to project board and SMT.
The successful candidate will be a qualified Accountant, excited about taking on such a high profile project role outside of BAU. Although you will have a strong technical grounding, you also be very comfortable with senior stakeholder engagement.
A newly created role as Financial Accountant to join a forward thinking national charity with a focus on preserving the environment with robust funding streams and income.
As Financial Accountant you will lead across the charity for all technical accounting and financial compliance requirements and will be the key liasion with the external auditors when required. Additionally as Financial Accountant your role will have a national focus; responsible for the delivery of external reporting, including year-end statutory accounts. Key areas of delivery will include:
- Reporting for and consolidations across the organisation.
- Managing a substantial balance sheet and significant annual income.
- Working collaboratively with finance colleagues across a large and multi site/remote finance team
- Leading, developing and managing a small team
To be successful in this role you will need to possess the following key skills and experience:
- Fully Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA or equivalent), with current knowledge of accounting standards.
- Previous experience of year-end accounting processes and preparation of statutory accounts.
- A working knowledge of charities SORP reporting standards either by working for a charity previously or within practice or the willingness to develop this skill.
- Committment towards process improvement and able to develop systems that are efficient, effective and reliable.
- Confidence to constructively challenge current working practices and recommend improvements.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills (including lookups and pivot tables)
What's on offer:
- Depending on relevant experience a salary of £47,000 - £52,000
- A generous contributory DC Pension plan with employer contributions up to 10% based on the employee putting in 5%
- Flexible working
- Cycle to work scheme
- Buy and sell holidays - starting holiday entitlement of 25 days plus statutory days.
- Healthcare cash plan and employee assistance scheme
- Life Assurance
- And many more.
My client is a highly rated and ambitious NHS organisation who is looking for some support in the finance team for the next 3-6 months to cover a busy period of time and year end
The main purpose of the role will be to provide managerial support to the Financial Accounts Manager and act as a deputy as and when required, for the operation of the Financial Accounts Department. You will take individual responsibility for the delivery of the department’s objectives as well as providing support for the team.
You will also be individually responsibility for managing and delivering complex financial projects, as directed by the Head of Financial Services and Planning and the Financial Accounts Manager and Corporate Accountant.
This is a key role in the finance team and needs someone with varied financial accounting experience as well as a can do attitude and the ability to react and change priorities at short notice
There is the potential for this role to turn in to a permanent opportunity for the right person as there is a lot going on at the Trust at the moment where professional and ambitious candidates would be very much welcomed
Royal Marsden Financial Accountant
Job title Financial Accountant
Full-time, 37.5 hours per week, some flexibility may be possible
Allen Lane are delighted to be supporting The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity in their search for a new Financial Accountant. This is an exciting opportunity to join a well-established not-for-profit organisation which funds The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust, a world leading cancer centre.
Why work for us
The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity raises money solely to support The Royal Marsden hospital. We ensure our nurses, doctors and research teams can provide the very best care and develop life-saving treatments, which are used across the UK and around the world. From funding state-of-the-art equipment and ground-breaking research, to creating the very best patient environments, we will never stop looking for ways to improve the lives of people affected by cancer.
This is an immensely exciting time to join a charity that has set an ambitious strategy that will ensure we can continue to improve the lives of cancer patients. The charity has been through a period of significant growth, completing our last three-year strategy by almost doubling fundraising income.
We have also been progressively investing in a best-in-class finance team, resulting in the team being shortlisted for Charity Finance Team of the Year at the prestigious Third Sector Award.
Work with us and you’ll see your efforts pay off as we fight for a better future.
What the job involves
As Financial Accountant, you will work closely with the Head of Finance in providing proactive advice on financial accounting across the charity. You will have opportunities to work closely with the charity’s Fundraising and Grant teams, and senior internal stakeholders maintaining a collaborative relationship and providing high quality support.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Delivering efficient and robust Financial Accounting; including year-end statutory accounts preparation, the year end audit process.
- Responsible for the systems administration including code and user set up and taking ownership of the accounting systems maintenance.
- Developing the relationship with the wider finance team and supporting the finance officers in their development.
What we want from you
The successful candidate will likely to be CCAB qualified accountant or working towards their final papers (exceptional candidates QBE are highly encourage to apply). The role would suit someone who is looking to make their first move out of practice or someone working in a similar role in another organisation. You will have robust technical skills and direct experience of year end statutory accounts preparation. You will be an excellent communicator with the confidence to communicate and build rapport with a wide range of internal stakeholders. The successful candidate will be ambitious and self-motivated looking to pursue their career in the not-for-profit sector.
We are a global team of experts and innovators tackling some of the world’s most pressing health challenges. We work with leaders and change makers around the globe to bring health strategies to life. We provide ideas, advice and technical know-how that enable our partners to build a path to lasting change.
With 30 years’ experience in global health, we collaborate with our partners to explore existing evidence, combine expertise, scale up ideas and co-create solutions that accelerate change. This includes collaborating on policy design, managing initiatives, building powerful coalitions and galvanising social movements. Our impact is felt across whole communities, with a focus on women, girls and those who have been marginalised.
As part of MSI Reproductive Choices, all our profits go back into supporting MSI’s own mission of children by choice, not chance.
We believe in a world where everyone can access the high-quality health services they need, without financial burden.
The primary responsibility is to provide financial management services, assurance and monitoring on designated Options’ programmes (FCDO, USAID, Gates Foundation) and will take the lead on programme related financial reporting from Options’ overseas offices and key suppliers.
- There is a team of 3 BAs in Options overseeing the financial management of all Options’ programmes. This is a fundamental role ensuring that Options has robust programme, financial and management accounting processes in place, particularly in Options’ overseas offices;
- The BA receives monthly accounts from Options’ overseas offices. The BA will interrogate, reconcile and validate the financial returns to ensure they meet the robust requirements before being transferred to Options’ accounting system;
- The BA will work closely with the overseas Finance Managers to ensure any discrepancies are resolved;
- The BA will take the lead on any development and capacity building needed for the overseas Finance Managers which will involve overseas travel;
- The BA will prepare financial reports for clients using Options’ reporting standards or client reporting requirements if specified;
- The BA is the main QA for financial reporting to clients, working closely with the programme teams ensuring reports are reconciled with Options’ accounting system;
- The BA will work closely with the Programmes team to ensure client financial requirements are taken into consideration when setting up the financial management structure of each individual programme;
- The BA will provide advice and QA when budgets are created on a rolling basis for programmes;
- The BA will need to be able to understand the technical aspects of the programme to add value to the budgeting process.
- Fully qualified, or close to, CCAB accountant;
- Extensive experience managing donor / client funds within international development, understanding the generic financial regulations that are often in place;
- In depth experience of development programme budgeting;
- Experience of implementing USAID compliant financial and reporting process;
- Excellent financial accounting skills with experience preparing statutory accounts as well as donor / client financial reports such USAID, FCDO and Gates Foundation;
- Excellent knowledge of accounting packages and experience with report writing packages. SUN and Vision Q&A would be beneficial;
- A “can do” and team focused approach is vital.
Options offers a comprehensive benefits package including generous annual leave allowance, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme and a performance related bonus scheme.
- As an equal opportunity employer, Options Consultancy Services is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective employees and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage or civil partnership. We aspire to have a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage suitably qualified candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply and join Options Consultancy Services.
- Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
- We seek people who are pro-choice, promote diversity and inclusion, are energetic and enthusiastic about Options’ vision.
- Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
About Our Client
Well regarded national charity with a strong commitment diversity, equality and inclusion demonstrated by internal staff networks to support people achieve their full potential.
As Systems Accountant you will lead and support the team on management and maintenance of the financial systems, ensuring data integrity and system controls through efficient process design and management. Key areas of delivery will include:
- Acting as a subject matter expert for finance systems development projects, ensuring an efficient and supportable implementation, designing and guiding implementation of their requirements, including preparing documentation and training for Finance, Technology and other users.
- Development, monitoring and regular testing of core Finance systems and their service and disaster recovery procedures, including system recovery, liaising with technology colleagues and 3rd party vendors responding immediately or referring to senior management when risks are identified.
- Planning, managing, testing, releasing and implementing significant changes to the Finance Systems, making sure that effective change control is maintained, and records and documentation produced.
- Using your technical knowledge for resolution of all levels of complex/major incidents in line with ITIL Incident Management methodology ensure all internal SLA are met and documentation / records are maintained.
The Successful Applicant
You could be a part or fully qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA / CIPFA ) who has branched out into systems accounting or someone who has spent significant time of their systems work within the finance and accounting environment and will possess the following key skills and experience:
- Practical experience of supporting core financial accounting systems (Open Accounts).
- Previous experience of working and applying GDPR and cyber security principles.
- Working knowledge in the development of web or database finance applications with experience of the full development lifecycle.
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload with competing timelines, cost and quality requirements.
- Experience of writing requirement specifications.
- Planned, written and executed software tests of application components for unit and system testing.
- Proven experience of analysing reporting requirements and producing deliverables (dashboards/reports TM1).
What's on Offer
- Salary of c£36,000 -40,000 depending upon experience on a 12 month fixed term contract basis
- 35 hour working week
- Annual leave of 29 days, plus public holidays
- Flexible maternity, adoption and paternity packages
- Annual staff awards
- Pension - 7% employer contribution pension scheme
- Employee discount portal
- Hybrid / Remote working with occasional trips to the South of England for meetings
Asthma UK and British Lung Foundation Partnership
Management & Systems Accountant
£34,000 to £38,000
At Asthma UK and the British Lung Foundation we’re working to change the lives of everyone affected by asthma, bronchiectasis, COPD, ILD, mesothelioma, pulmonary fibrosis and all other lung conditions. Two years on from our merger to form the UK’s respiratory charity, we stand at an exciting point in our long history. In the new year, we’ll be launching a bold and ambitious new strategy that builds on our merger, and unleashes our potential as a single voice for people’s lung health.
As part of this exciting period of change Asthma UK and the British Lung Foundation are partnering with Allen Lane to appoint a Management & Systems Accountant, this is a truly exciting time to join the organisation and add value to their already established finance team offering a new level of support.
Reporting into the Head of Finance Business Partnering this is a key role and you will be required to: provide a full suite of management accounts and be the lead on the implementation and integration of the ambitious plans to integrate the financial systems. Additionally you will be Identifying opportunities for streamlining of data and reporting and enhancing efficiencies across the department.
The ideal candidate will be a part qualified accountant (CCAB recognised qualification, such as ACA, ACCA, ICAS, CIMA, or CIPFA) with previous experience of working within a Management Accountant position. You will be working towards full qualification and the charity will provide financial support to do so. The successful candidate will additionally have strong Excel Skills and have a key interest in how systems are integrated and maintained.
This role would be a great fit for a candidate who is ambitious and willing to learn who wants a direct impact on an organisation. We are looking for someone who is flexible in approach but firm when necessary, who can work on their own initiative and thrives when thinking and acting proactively; with excellent communication and can work collaboratively with teams outside of finance such as Technology.
To apply please send your CV via the link. For an informal conversation about the role please contact our exclusive partner, Tiffany Richards
Use your finance skills to support nature conservation in the UK and around the world!
Senior Reporting Accountant
Location: Sandy, Bedfordshire / Flexible Remote
Salary: £35,944.00 - £43,031.00 Per Annum
Benefits: Pension, Life Assurance and Annual Leave
You will provide the RSPB and other entities with financial management information for the Management Board and Trustees to support financial governance, resource allocation and decision making, with particular emphasis on future strategies, budget setting and monitoring, income and expenditure monitoring and financial reporting. You will work closely with finance business partners to understand our incredibly exciting projects and build an overview of all our work to present valuable insight and analysis to leaders in the conservation world.
This role can be performed remotely, but as regular travel to the Lodge is required you should be within an hour and a half's travel to Sandy.
Key Results areas
Be responsible for the collection, analysis and interpretation of data for regular financial reports containing strategic, financial and business information, with the relevant key performance indicators, to support decision making and to enable the relevant body to discharge their governance and financial responsibilities to strict deadlines for meetings and reporting requirements.
Be responsible for the checking and accuracy of financial data to ensure that financial management reporting materially reflects the financial performance of the Society and its subsidiary companies, to aid decision making, control and financial probity.
Be responsible for collating, preparing and presenting financial budgetary planning (i.e. short term planning, current year) and future (medium to long term,2-5 years) by collating, analysing and reviewing the budget strategy, in close collaboration with the Financial Planning and Reporting Team; Senior Managers; Management Board and Trustees.
Be responsible for the processes and control of the data warehouse system and the allocation of the budget and budget strategy to the cost centres and budget holders, to ensure the data is effective for financial monitoring. This requires the checking and verification of all entries with appropriate analysis and reporting.
Recognises, reviews and reports financial risks and opportunities, to ensure the Management Board and Trustees are aware of their impact and the potential mitigation strategies, to minimise the risk to the RSPB its budget and financial forecasts.
Be responsible for the maintenance and reconciliation of control accounts to ensure the integrity of the reported financial information.
Be responsible in the preparation of internal reporting to support the annual accounts and its timetable, to satisfy legislative reporting requirements and provide the summary of the financial results and year end position for all stakeholders and entities.
Be responsible for the preparation of regular returns providing financial statistics in accordance with external statutory reporting requirements to ensure compliance and maintain the RSPB’s financial credibility and reputation.
- Mgt' Board and Trustees: to ensure effective understanding of financial information and to ensure reporting requirements are being met.
- Finance Planning and Reporting Team: to understand financial trends, review and explain variances with budget and strategy, and to recognise and report on financial opportunities and risks.
- Finance Department: support and interact with the wider finance team, with query resolution and specialist advice as required e.g. VAT advice.
- Department HoDs and staff: to ensure understanding of financial information and correct adherence to financial procedures
- Fundraising & Communications to provide information for lottery returns to the Gambling Commission
- UK Government, to provide financial statistics.
- Gambling Commission, in relation to lottery returns and related compliance.
- Auditors, statutory accounts audit
Essential qualifications, knowledge, skills and experience
- Recognised accounting qualification, ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified or part qualified (nearing completion).
- Educated to degree level and/or have sufficient relevant financial experience to be able to carry out duties to a high standard.
- Knowledge of financial reporting structures and financial interdependencies.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent numeric skills.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical abilities
- Highly proficient in the use if Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Proven relationship skills, with the ability to gather information from multiple sources.
- Ability to work well unsupervised.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Financial reporting to senior management.
- Experience of handling financial data, spreadsheets and databases.
Proven ability to support decision makers with clear business and management reports to aid decisions would be desirable.
- This role will require some travel within the UK.
- This role will require some overnight stays away from home.
- The RSPB works for a healthy environment for all and we therefore expect you to take action in accordance with our Environmental Policy and objectives. Together we can make a positive difference for our world.
- In the RSPB, volunteers are a major resource and make a vital contribution to the RSPB’s aim to take action for the conservation of wild birds and the environment. Employees are responsible for encouraging, developing and supporting volunteers in their work for the RSPB.
This is a Permanent Full Time role for 37.5 hours per week.
Closing date: 23:58, 06 February 2022
We are looking to conduct interviews for this position on 14th /15th February.
To Apply and for More Information:
If you would like find out more, please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.
A large Health organisation in Central London is looking for a Assistant Accountant to join the team for 12 months on a project.
A large Health organisation in Central London
- Inputting significant numbers of purchase invoices weekly and ensuring appropriately matched to purchase order system
- Regular reconciliation of supplier statements
- Operate weekly payment run for suppliers and staff expenses across 4 entities
- Record cash book payments and receipts
- To perform daily back-up and month end processes of purchase ledger and sales ledger, including running, checking and reconciling reports from computerised accounting system
- Generating sales invoices in line with organisation guidelines
- Assisting with debt recovery procedures, including liaison with budget managers and overdue debtors
- Maintaining filing requirements for purchase and sales invoices
- Assisting with month-end procedures, including posting monthly recharge journals
- Assisting with year-end audit file preparation and audit requests
- AAT or equivalent
- Strong Excel Skills
- Understanding of double entry
- Experience of inputting and processing payments and sales in line with controls
Finance Systems Accountant: Flexible Location, Permanent £48,000 - £52,000
For a renowned animal and conservation charity, we are recruiting a permanent Finance Systems Accountant. Reporting to the Director of Finance, this role will provide key systems and user support across the organisations systems to its Finance department as well as the interface with the overseas offices. The Finance Systems Accountant supports the Sun Systems platform as well as QuickBooks, Compleat and other financial process systems. This role can be worked from home and this organisation has a very flexible work-life balance.
- Manage the day-to-day systems maintenance and stakeholder support across Sun Systems, QuickBooks, Q&A, Compleat and PowerBI
- Coordinate patch and bug updates and software upgrades
- Systems training for new starters as well as access and systems administration for current users
- Oversee the running of the Purchase to Pay system, supporting all users
- Upload budgets, forecasts, bulk journals into Sun ledgers
- Manage all month-end and year-end system processes
- Day-to-day ledger and systems maintenance liaising with 3rd party providers
- Prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Work with the Director of Finance on system upgrades, migrations, and ad hoc projects
What will you bring to this role?
- Qualified accountant with strong Finance systems skills
- Ideally Sun and Vision experience with QuickBooks and Power BI
- Track record in the maintenance and administration of accounting and reporting systems
- Experience in system processes enhancements or implementations
- Experience from a dynamic, fast moving commercial or non-profit organisation
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.
NHS organisation is looking for some interim support over the next 3 - 6 months in their management accounts team
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing a high quality Management Accounting service for the organisation ensuring financial information is processed in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with procedures and policies of the Finance Directorate.
- Producing monthly variance analysis for review, and investigation for specific budgets. Assisting with monthly I&E reporting. Forecasting pay and non-pay expenditure forward on a regular basis, and assisting with yearend processes and procedures.
- Undertaking investigations into complex financial activity , frequently meeting budget holders, undertaking costing reviews , and providing advice as appropriate.
- Support the Finance Managers by providing Management Accounting assistance and advice and assistance to budget holders throughout the Trust
You will need to ideally be part qualified or qualified and have some recent management accounts experience. A can do attitude and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines is also essential
The Assistant Management Accountant will be principally responsible for providing and processing timely and accurate financial transactions and producing accurate management accounts.
A large and well established Not For Profit organisation in London.
- Assistance with the preparation of the year end accounts and supporting documentation for audit
- Assistance with the preparation of the annual budget
- Production of the VAT return
- Assistance with quarterly Forecasts
- Production of accurate management accounts
- Reconciliation and Balance sheets
- Monthly cashflow forecasts
- Monthly credit card expenses postings
- Maintenance of cashbooks entering and allocating transactions daily.
- Maintenance and management of the Sales ledger, Direct Debit collection and internal credit control. (excluding sponsorship and partner adhoc renewals).
- Maintenance and management of the purchase ledger including posting and paying invoices.
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will have good excel skills, ability to work on their own and in a team.
Salary: £38k - £40k
Benefits after probation (three months)