- To ensure provisions and services are run locally by working collaboratively with the team to ensure debt advice service is available daily without fail or interruption – 20%
- To provide day-to-day guidance, set targets, implement guidelines and assist with any issues the team may have. To ensure that all members understand the team's objectives and work together to achieve them – 30%
- To audit the quality of advice and case notes to ensure they are compliant and the quality of advice is consistent and meets both external and internal requirements – 50%
For further information and to apply, please visit our website via the Apply button.
Closing date: Midday on 6 June 2022
We are looking for a strategic & creative thinker as our new Head of Projects to help lead & deliver our work supporting communities building connection across the UK.
The Cares Family’s mission is to help people find connection in a disconnected age. Our objectives are to reduce loneliness and isolation; improve people’s connection, belonging, purpose and power in a rapidly changing world; and bring people together to reduce social, generational, digital, cultural and attitudinal divides.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As Head of Projects, you will work closely with our Director of Projects and wider team to help lead and deliver our work supporting communities building connection across the UK. This is an exciting time to join our friendly, high performing and ambitious team. The Projects Directorate is the newest part of The Cares Family: over the last 18 months we have launched The Multiplier to support exceptional community leaders across the UK; set up new initiatives to surface the voices of people in our communities in new ways; and launched the first parts of a campaigns strategy. Your work at The Cares Family will include leading the strategic development and delivery of The Multiplier in 2022 and beyond, and the design, development and delivery of a new project enabling and supporting intergenerational connection across the UK.You will also contribute to the growth of the Projects Directorate as a whole, working collaboratively with the Head of Communications, Head of Campaigns and Projects Coordinators.
All of that requires a specific set of skills which you might have learned designing and leading projects, programmes and teams at another charity, business or public sector organisation. To achieve your goals, you will need to be:
- Passionate about our mission, philosophy, values and programmes;
- A strategic thinker, at ease managing detail whilst understanding and responding to the big picture;
- Creative with the confidence to start with a blank piece of paper and design ambitious projects from the ground up;
- Experienced at project delivery: highly organised, a confident multi-tasker used to taking initiative and comfortable working in a team and independently;
- A people-person who builds relationships easily and is skilled at relationship management, both internal and external;
- Comfortable defining what impact looks like and putting in place robust monitoring and evaluation plans and embedding learning on an ongoing basis;
- An authentic, high-quality communicator, with exceptional written, spoken and listening skills;
- An experienced line manager, able to nurture and grow a small team to realise their potential;
- A confident facilitator, experienced at running workshops and able to encourage conversation and participation from a diverse group of people (online and in person);
- Comfortable and experienced working with communities and/or community organisations.
- Comfortable with complexity and used to navigating organisational structures effectively and efficiently;
- Competent with MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
HOW TO APPLY
For more information on the role and how to apply please visit The Cares Family website.
Application is by C.V and a cover letter of no more than 750 words clearly demonstrating how your experience makes you the right person for the role. Successful applicants will be invited to attend an interview in the week beginning the 20th June 2022 with potential second interviews held on the 29th June 2022.
The Cares Family is an anti-racist, anti-discriminatory organisation. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic people, people with disabilities and people from lower income and diverse educational backgrounds who may be under-represented in our organisation.
All appointments at The Cares Family are subject to references, DBS check, and proof of right to work in the UK.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.