Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 37 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
IRW is currently recruiting for the position of ‘Head of Region, Asia' to join its dynamic International Programmes division. The purpose of the role is to lead on designing and developing regional strategies for the allocated region and to ensure delivery of effective programmes and raising the profile amongst donors and potential funders.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent in social economics/development studies / social sciences
- Knowledge and experience of managing and developing a large team of international professional staff in different locations, demonstrating significant and measurable improvement in results
- Knowledge and experience of leading and motivating senior professional staff from a broad range of business disciplines
- Knowledge and experience of managing a major crisis requiring a sudden and major change in priorities and rapid management action to respond
- Knowledge and experience of working successfully with senior managers in other parts of own organisation or partner organisations to deliver major change
- Skills in influencing other large organisations to change their policies or priorities
- Generate significant new opportunities for the organisation
- Knowledge and understanding of key trends in international development, and of the evolving role of international NGOs
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Work experience and proven track record of working with an International NGO as a senior manager
- Substantial experience and knowledge of effective budgetary control and grant management at a regional level.
- Experience of building personal external networks at senior level, resulting in securing
- Experience of and commitment to participatory management and maintaining a supportive, open environment to ensure the learning and development of all staff
- Good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen, sensitivity to others views and perspectives, and conflict resolution
- Strong and well developed analytical skills coupled with the experience of writing quality pieces of work that are publishable and usable by non-specialists
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
If you are talented, reliable, service minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit our website.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on 13/03/2022.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- criminal records check
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications that would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.