Direct Marketing Assistant Jobs in Liverpool
Community and Events Fundrasising Officer
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with a can-do attitude to help us deliver our exciting Community and Events Fundraising programme. No previous fundraising experience is required, just an organised individual with a knack for building relationships, a passion for exceptional ‘customer service’ and a drive for uniting communities and raising money for charitable causes.
You’ll work within the charity’s passionate Fundraising and Engagement Team to raise funds to support children and families affected by the childhood cancer neuroblastoma and our vision, for a future where no child dies of neuroblastoma or suffers due to the treatment they receive.
This extremely rewarding role would suit anyone looking to take their first step in their fundraising, marketing or charity career. Don’t think your experience directly aligns? Don’t worry; we’re interested in transferable skills and attitude, so consider and show us how these apply to this role.
Summary of role responsibilities
- To help deliver the charity’s Community and Events Fundraising Programme, including special events, community fundraising, challenge events, individual giving, and fundraising appeals.
- To ensure excellent supporter and donor care and build long-term valued relationships to optimise income generation.
This is a fixed-term role offered on a one-year contract. We are looking for the successful candidate to ideally start in January 2024, but there is flexibility with this.
For more detailed information about the role, charity and team, take a look at the Recruitment Pack.
We aim to follow the schedule outlined below:
Applications opens: 22 November 2023
Applications closes: 10 December 2023, 11:59pm
Shortlisting: 11 December 2023
Interviews: 15 December 2023 (in person in London)
If there are any adjustments that would help you engage with the recruitment process, please let us know.
We actively encourage applications from those with lived experience of neuroblastoma and/or other childhood cancers. As an equal opportunity employer, we also welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage/civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As a safeguarding charity whose work and practice are underpinned by safeguarding principles to protect children and young people and enhance their welfare, we always work in accordance with legislation, statutory guidance, and best safeguarding practices. All our roles require a basic criminal record check.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
If you have experience of Business Development within a charity or people-facing role, this is a brilliant opportunity to develop your career with a fresh-thinking organisation. Royal Voluntary Service is an innovative charity who mobilise volunteers in every corner of Britain to support people in need, the NHS and Social Care systems. We inspire and enable people to give the gift of voluntary service to meet the needs of the day. Through the power of volunteering, we provide one-to-one, group and online services that improve health and wellbeing, resilience, confidence and connections.
We are now looking for a Business Development Lead to join the Business Development team on a full-time, permanent basis.
As a Business Development Lead, you will work under the direction of the Head of Business Development to:
- Increase the number, range and value of contracts and services secured, in line with our strategic objectives
- Build and maintain a range of relevant partnerships to support the winning of new business
- Maintain up-to-date market and academic research available to the team on the CRM or other systems
- Develop and conduct effective business pitches to key decision makers and ensure that they are kept relevant by regular reviews and updates
- Lead on the preparation and writing of tender responses
This is a full-time, permanent role, working 35 hours per week.
What you’ll need
To be considered as a Business Development Lead, you will need:
- Demonstratable relationship and/or stakeholder management experience
- Sales conversations and sales conversion experience
- Financial modelling experience
- Experience of leading on business development opportunities across a charity
- A strong understanding of the Health & Social Care sector with the ability to identify business opportunities
- The ability to conduct PESTLE Analysis, research, and identification of opportunities for development
- Proven experience in preparing and writing successful tender responses
- To be educated to degree level or have experience gained within the voluntary sector or similar industry
What you get in return
We’re proud to be in the top 25 not-for-profit organisations to work for in the UK, based on ratings from Indeed. As a valued employee at Royal Voluntary Service, you will benefit from:
- Salary of £41,970 per annum, plus car allowance
- 26 days’ holiday plus paid statutory Bank Holidays
- Ten weeks’ company sick pay following successful completion of probation
- A great pension scheme
- 2 x Salary Death in Service Benefit, subject to qualification
- Enhanced Family Leave schemes
- An employee benefits package that gives access to an exclusive rewards website to get discounts and cashback online
- A 24-hour doctor line, financial support with dental/optical and other therapies
- A free and confidential employee assistance programme with up to six face-to-face counselling sessions included
- Extensive online and on the job training to ensure you will succeed in your role
- Opportunities to discuss flexible working
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The chance to make a positive, lasting impact that changes lives, communities and society
Royal Voluntary Service is committed to building inclusive and diverse teams across the charity. To find out more about our commitment to EDI, visit our website.
How to apply
Please select the apply button shown to be taken through to the application process. You will need to answer some screening questions as well as uploading your CV. You will be contacted by a member of the team once your application has been reviewed.
Here at Royal Voluntary Service, we're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We want to be a charity that's representative of the communities we serve, which is why we strive for diversity of age, gender identity, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity and perspective.
Join Royal Voluntary Service and together we can change lives, change communities and change society.
Dates to bear in mind
The closing date for this role is 21st December 2023. However, we reserve the right to close this vacancy early should sufficient applications be received.
Other organisations may call this role BDM, Business Development Manager, Sustainable Solutions Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Regional Client Manager, Area Sales Manager, Territory Sales Manager, Regional Business Manager, or Development Manager.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.