Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will have full responsibility for the financial accounting function and the provision of a high-quality financial accounting service with a strong customer service ethos.
You will be responsible for high-quality financial advice to the Chief Financial Officer, Trustees and the Mind Senior team. You will also be responsible for ensuring the development and operation of the internal and external audit, tax compliance, treasury and investment functions, and advising senior management regarding areas of financial policies and performances including analyses as required.
You will have significant post qualified experience with previous experience in a similar role in a similar sized organisation and sector. You will have senior managerial experience of providing leadership, planning, managing, and organising a team or department. You will have outstanding communication, interpersonal, negotiating and influencing skills and an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. You will also have the ability to provide key and relevant financial information to Senior Management and Trustees to enable them to make sound and informed financial decisions.
To apply, please follow the link below to our website.
Closing date: Noon on 30 September 2019
Interview date: 10 October 2019
Mind is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
The job involves a range of financial duties including management, system development, tax planning and treasury responsibility.
The client is a large, well known charity based in the City of London with excellent transport links and plenty of opportunities within the company for development.
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
- Systems Development
- Liaison with banks and auditors
- Tax planning
- Company secretarial
The successful candidate will have experience in financial roles and preferably experience of more than a year in a financial controller position. They will have excellent communication skills and be open to learning new things quickly and effectively.
A large company that support their staff by offering incentives and initiatives to progress within the company.
Are you an experienced Financial Controller looking for your next challenge? Would you enjoy working for an established charity going through a period of change? If so, then please read on!
Robertson Bell Finance are working with a charity based in South West London, to recruit an Interim Financial Controller. The role is due to last for a period of 3-4 months to lead on a major financial controls project. Reporting to the Director of Finance, the main responsibilities are as follows:
- Create and implement a new finance manual, standardising practices across the organisation.
- Review current financial controls, introducing new ones and adapting existing rules to ensure much tighter financial governance.
- Transform how the organisation deal with their restricted and unrestricted funds to ensure compliant restricted fund management.
- Upskill the finance team and wider organisation on how the new financial policies and procedures will affect their roles.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant, preferably with 3-4 years post-qualification experience.
- Have previous experience of rolling out new policies and procedures relating to financial controls, policies and procedures.
- Enjoy working in a busy but fun environment where all parties are striving for excellence.
- Be available immediately or with a short notice period.
This is a genuinely excellent opportunity to work in an organisation doing fantastic work in their sector. Please do not delay in applying as it will likely close before the advertised date.
Will your next role be one in which you can make significant changes to make a Financial Accounting team your own? Do you want your work with a Finance Director who is fully supportive of you taking ownership of, and responsibility for, the Financial Control team? Has your career led you to the point where you're ready to oversee a sizeable Finance team within a prestigious, well known organisation?
As Financial Controller of this £250m turnover West London organisation, you will lead a team covering all elements of Financial Accounting, including Tax, Treasury, and Transactions. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Overseeing a team of c20 people across a number of financial accounting functions, monitoring their work, motivating them to meet KPIs, and ultimately creating a team capable of ensuring sound financial control
- Reviewing all policies and procedures to ensure that they are fit for purpose and that working methods reflect the ethos of a high functioning, modern organisation
- Making improvements to the team's strategy by providing the Finance Director with, and acting upon, recommendations for change
- Ensuring long term sustainability by streamlining processes, allowing for growth while increasing efficiency in the Finance department
- Preparing statutory accounts, leading on year end, and being a key contact for auditors
As a highly respected West London organisation, well known in its sector as an innovating, leading employer, this is a superb role for someone looking to take big strides in their career. This is a truly CV enhancing Financial Controller role, that has the advantage of working with a Finance Director who is fully supportive and open about their plans to rapidly progress the career of the successful candidate.
In return for your efforts, you will be rewarded with an excellent package including exceptional annual leave entitlement and a clear path on to Director level roles in the future.
To be considered, you should meet the following criteria:
- Be an ACA qualified accountant with experience leading sizeable, high performing teams in Financial Control, ideally within large, reputable organisations
- Have first class technical skills, along with clear communication abilities
- Be an ambitious and dedicated individual whose background shows an aptitude for rapid career progression
As the Finance Director is open minded to avenues to securing the best candidate for the role, this position could also be recruited as four days per week.
As this Financial Controller role will appeal to the top candidates in the market, the deadline can be brought forward if suitable candidates are found. You should therefore apply now to avoid disappointment!
Want to work for one of the UK's best-known charities and enhance your CV? Have you got proven experience in a financial accounting role and have you led year end? Would you be confident managing a team of five? If yes - this could be your next role!
This permanent Financial Controller is for a leading UK charity with a turnover of over £100 million and has been established for more than 100 years now. This is a brilliant opportunity for either someone with previous charity experience or someone keen to gain experience in this sector.
Main responsibilities of the Financial Controller will be:
- Lead the financial accounting team providing direction, support and supervision always.
- Drive improvements across financial accounting processes, ensuring accuracy and timeliness always.
- Lead on investment decisions, looking at risk, liquidity and return.
- Advise finance and non-finance staff across the organisation on technical financial issues and build strong relationships across the charity.
- Coordinate the year end process, audit process and stay up to date with accounting policies.
- Be responsible for the forecasting and monitoring of cash flow.
- Ensure compliance with income tax, VAT and corporation tax.
This position is based in central London, reports into the Head of Finance and will manage a driven and high performing team. As you will be leading an extremely competent team this position requires strong management skills and the ability to get the best out of highly capable individuals.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA, or equivalent).
- Have proven management experience.
- Have proven financial accounting experience, including leading on the year end process.
- Have excellent communication skills.
Although not essential the Hiring Manager is keen to see candidates from an audit background.
If you feel this post could be of interest to you then please do not delay in applying.
- Financial Controller working for the University Schools Trust
- Ideal for a candidate with experience of managing a companys finance function
About Our Client
Michael Page is working with University Schools Trust (UST, the Trust). UST is a unique partnership of six world-leading universities and five sector-leading bodies who are working together to deliver a shared vision of inclusive, high quality and transformational education delivered by schools which are deeply rooted in the communities they serve.
The Trust was founded in 2016 and comprises two schools. One is a large all-through school, which has been graded outstanding by Ofsted for nearly a decade. The other school converted from a UTC to a secondary school in 2016 when it joined the Trust, and since that time has made significant progress towards also becoming an outstanding school. Both our schools are over-subscribed.
The key responsibilities for the Financial Controller role are:
- Build effective business partnering relationships with the school leadership including Head Teachers and School Business Managers, promoting a finance culture across the Trust which is professional, supportive and service driven.
- Prepare the statutory accounts in conjunction with the Trust's auditors, complying with the Academies Accounts Direction.
- Complete and report monthly management results including financial and operational data, for the Trust and constituent schools to the DFO, CEO and Head Teachers on a timely basis.
- Manage the preparation of the annual and three year budgets as well as in year forecasts.
- Manage Trust finance-related matters to ensure proper stewardship of funds, and promote a culture of innovation and challenge in transforming financial performance.
- Support the DFO in developing the strategic plan for the Trust with specific reference to the appropriateness of the key financial and operational assumptions contained therein. Monitor and report on these plans at agreed intervals.
- Plan and manage cash flow and funding, in consultation with the DFO, and develop a plan for the appropriate management of accumulated cash reserves.
- Take a leading role in identifying the Trust's exposure to financial risks, developing strategies and controls for mitigating risk and minimising any remaining exposure.
The Successful Applicant
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant with experience of managing and coordinating a finance function. You will need the following experience:
- Recognised accountancy qualification and demonstrable experience of managing a finance function.
- Experience in the production of both statutory and management reporting and dealing with external audit requirements, with an up to date knowledge of general accounting principles.
- You will be proactive and able to learn, review and develop internal processes and procedures, continuously looking to improve the services and outputs delivered by the team as well as enforcing compliance.
- You will have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, able to understand a wide range of stakeholder needs and adapt services where necessary.
- An individual who enjoys a challenge and wishes to work in a high performing finance function, with the ability to develop and motivate a team of people to deliver results.
- Experience of managing a team and getting the best out of team members.
What's on Offer
Salary 60-65K + Excellent Benefits
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPCY14044102Z
Are you currently seeking a new Financial Controller role based in Central London? Are you open to working for a commercial Not for Profit Further Education company? Have you experience of Financial Accounting, Management Accounting, staff management and development, Grant management and deputising for the FD on occasion? Are you a very strong and qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA Finance Manager or Financial Controller looking for a bigger role? If so, then please read on?
My client is a dynamic and growing not for profit organisation who through a recent restructure, have created a new Financial Controller role, which will be an exciting mix of senior accounting, staff management of a growing team and full production of the Groups accounts.
In order to be considered, you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Responsible to produce the monthly accounts including purchase order commitment balances
- Maintain Sage chart of accounts and its standard reporting
- Create and process data uploads from other feeder systems into Sage, checking data integrity
- Review all bank reconciliations (purchases and two from invoice/billing systems)
- Monitor/reconcile balance sheets accounts on at least a quarterly basis
- Calculate and submit partial-exempt VAT return (VAT group) & manage the switch to MTD for Q4 2019.
- Ensure that instructions to (outsourced) payroll each month are complete and accurate; and that those instructions are correctly reflected in payroll calculations
- Ensure monthly returns and payments are made to three pension providers and the childcare voucher company
- Ensure all central costs are correctly allocated to grants and income streams where allowed
- In conjunction with the rest of the team, lead on the year-end process, from preparation of the auditors' files to finalisation of the statutory accounts
- Ensure that all procedures and policies are up to date and propose any enhancement as required
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, financial planning and delivery plans based on research and data reports
- Assist with ad hoc commercial and financial planning, including tendering for new business, use of separate statutory entities, capital projects, etc
- Ensure that all areas are sighted on their financial progress on a monthly basis
- Line manage the finance team members including performance management and annual reviews
- Actively participate and plan the development of team members and own
- Participate in the healthy life and dynamic of the wider Finance team (includes IT, Procurement coordination and Business Analysis)
- Deputise for the Finance Director in its absence
Should you feel you are now ready to take on this exciting role, are a fully qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA accountant with a possible additional degree behind you, then please apply now. The role will require a cover letter to accompany your CV.
This role will work within the finance team to continue delivering effective financial management of CFG’s resources whilst CFG reviews the needs of the team and recruits a permanent Director. You will support the finance team in ensuring that CFG’s financial policies and procedures are legally compliant and can be seen to be an exemplar for the sector through accurately and timely maintained financial ledgers and prompt recovery of aged debts.
The successful candidate will need to be extremely well organised to manage a high workload as well as having a sound understanding of financial accounts, debt recovery and charity accounting.
We are a friendly team with a great sense of humour that enjoys the work that we do. There is lots of potential for development for talented individuals within CFG, and we can provide an excellent platform for career progression within the sector. We also offer a superb range of benefits including a generous pension contribution, flexible working and season ticket loans.
How to apply
Please head over to our website to download the full job description and person specification and for more information on how to submit your CV and cover letter.
Deadline for applications
We will be reviewing candidates as and when we receive CVs and will appoint as soon as we meet the right person. Therefore, to avoid disappointment please apply early. This position is available immediately.
For information on the data we process during recruitment, please see our GDPR compliant Privacy Notice on our website.
Strictly no agencies please.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
A Financial Accountant role with a leading housing provider in the UK. Based in attractive central London, you will be supporting the Finance Manager and the Finance Team in moving the business forward within the Not For Profit Sector.
The client is a leading housing association based in Central London, with plans for mass expansion and development in upcoming plans. They pride themselves on staff sharing the same core values as the organisation itself.
As Financial Accountant your key responsibilities will include:
Produce monthly statutory accounts and the yearend financial statements
Contribute to a good control environment through schedules, reconciliations and the investigation of unusual balances.
Provide support to the Group Financial Controller and deputise for him/her where necessary
Ensure intercompany accounts remain in balance and perform monthly reconciliations.
Analysis of balance sheet items and work with other areas of the finance department to ensure regular balance sheet cleansing.
Support other areas of financial accounting and the wider finance team to ensure accuracy of the accounts and a good control environment.
Reconcile payroll accounts
Work closely with the Group Financial Controller to ensure smooth operation of month end tasks.
Fully qualified financial accountant
Knowledge of working in a commercial or not-for-profit/public sector environment
Demonstrable knowledge of working effectively to meet deadlines
Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and changes to accounting standards
Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Excel
Salary of £45,000, as well as fantastic benefits package
Annual leave - 28 days plus bank holiday
Generous pension contribution
My client is one of the country’s most recognisable brands in the charity sector, providing invaluable support to so many in the UK. With a growing need for their services, they drive a very diverse and innovative business model to ensure they live up to, and where ever possible, surpass user expectations.
As they look to improve the role and involvement of their finance function in front line services and strategic direction, they are currently mid way through an operational review of their back office function.
- Management of the financial plans, budgets and performance reporting.
- Provide Senior Management Team and Trustees with financial information and support they need to make effective decisions.
- Challenge existing assumptions and working practices, taking into account the financial impact, effective use of resources and strategic objectives.
- Support and develop team of 3-4 members of staff.
The successful candidate will be fully qualified with a strong academic record. You will already have built up a strong working knowledge of business partnering and have a track record of managing a team. You will now be looking to make the next step in your career with a more strategic input and long term planning element to your role. Excellent interpersonal skills are essential along with the ability to influence and present to senior stakeholders.
A Financial Accountant role based in the City of London dealing with payroll, timesheets and monthly cash flow forecasts.
My client is a large charity based in the City of London recruiting for a Financial Accountant to join them for a fixed term contract.
- produce the monthly accounts of the purchase order
- reconcile balance sheet accounts
- process the monthly payroll
- support the purchase ledger assistant
- review and authorise payment requests
The successful candidate will have good experience in producing bank and control account reconciliations. Intermediate Excel skills and experience in monthly management accounts. Bonus if the candidate has experience within a charity. Good inter-personal skills is a must.
A fixed term contract role based in the heart of the City of London with great transport links, working for a well known large charity.
Our partner is a well-known and respected global INGO. They are seeking an experienced, senior member of the finance team to lead the financial year-end and external audit processes and oversee the monthly balance sheet controls and reporting.
- Lead on the financial year-end financial accounting close process, and in the preparation for year-end financial reporting for the UK, country and regional offices.
- Lead on key risk areas, identifying potential weaknesses, making recommendations and developing plans to address these before year-end.
- Lead on the annual statutory audit process, including agreeing on the audit scope, reviewing the audit findings and management responses, and following up on agreed action plans.
- Ensure that there is an appropriate control framework across all offices, responsible for driving improvements in efficiency, and in updating the country office Finance Manuals.
- Lead on monthly global balance sheet reporting.
- Lead on financial accounting services to the UK office.
- Qualified accountant with experience of operating in a complex, global organisation. Strong technical skills and knowledge of UK SORP and UK/International GAPP and legal requirements, UK VAT, PAYE and other tax issues.
- Experience of leading year-end and external audit processes.
- Proven ability of managing a cross-cultural team – remotely and in-person
- Excellent business partnering and negotiating skills, the ability to influence and liaise and work with a wide range of colleagues and other internal and external stakeholders.
This role is only open to candidates with the righ to work in the UK. Please note, applications are being reviewed and candidates are being invited on a rolling basis.
Head of Financial Analysis and Planning
Position: Head of Financial Analysis and Planning
Location: WC 1N, Central London
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Benefits: 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, generous pension scheme, flexible working, discounted season ticket loan and many more!
Closing date: 9am on Thursday 3 October 2019
About the role:
This role will be pivotal in ensuring the organisation can reach its full potential using financial analysis and planning to inform proactive decision making.
Our client are looking for someone who continually seeks to improve financial performance, by using analysis of data and insights, whilst understanding the wider organisational context. Working collaboratively across the charity to provide support and guidance.
About the Team:
This is an exciting time to join the Finance team who are making substantial enhancements to improve the financial performance of the charity through transparency, reporting and insight.
You will be an exceptional communicator with the ability to not only analyse and model financial data, but to translate it for non-financial colleagues, using a variety of methods. You will be able to support and challenge in a collaborative manner to ensure the best outcome for the charity.
Specifically, you will have:
- Experience of financial analysis and modelling.
- Experience of Business Partnering.
- A commercial mindset.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Leadership experience.
- Experience of Agresso and / or Salesforce.
- Some charity experience, although this is not essential.
About the Charity
Every day brings new challenge. Every day, over 600 seriously ill children from across the UK arrive for life-changing treatments. Every day, young lives hang in the balance as patients, families and staff battle the most complex illnesses. And every day, the brightest minds come together to achieve pioneering medical breakthroughs that change the lives of thousands of children – and change the world. This extraordinary hospital has always depended on charitable support to give seriously ill children the best chance to fulfil their potential. Without donations, Our client can’t help fund ground-breaking research, advanced equipment, child and family support services, and the rebuilding and refurbishment of wards and medical facilities. Their staff help to raise these vital funds for the hospital. A better future for seriously ill children starts with you.
Recently awarded with a ‘Best Companies 2-star accreditation' and placed number 17 on the 2019 Sunday Times Best 100 Not-for-Profit Companies list - our client offer a range of attractive benefits including; a flexible approach to working, 30 days holiday, life assurance, enhanced employer pension contributions, and a discounted season ticket loan.
How to Apply:
Please click on the apply button in the top right-hand corner where you will be taken to a short application form to complete. You are encouraged to include a cover letter with your application, and should refer to the ‘Application and Interview FAQs’ on the career section of our website before you apply.
Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis and we reserve the right to close the role prior to the closing date, should a suitable applicant be found. Therefore, you are encouraged to apply right away, to avoid disappointment.
Due to the large number of applications our clientreceive, they are unfortunately only able to inform shortlisted candidates of the outcome of their application. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If your application is not successful, we hope that you will not be discouraged and will still apply for other suitable vacancies in the future.
You may have experience of the following: Finance Manager, Head of Finance, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Financial Controller, Senior Finance Assistant, Senior Accounts Assistant, Management Accountant, Commercial Accountant, etc.
Head of Financial Accounts for a medium sized health care charity in central London.
This organisation is a medium to large health care charity focused on support for exceptionally vulnerable individuals within London and the UK. They have grown extremely quickly due to huge demand for the services that they provide within areas such as mental health, and they are looking to improve their infrastructure to support this. The organisation will be looking to progress how finance operates across the charity, driving long lasting improvement to financial control, reporting and processes.
- Oversight of overall day to day financial accounting for the charity
- Driving improvement to financial controls, processes and systems within finance and then rolling these out for full use across the organisation.
- Working closely with non-finance to train and answer queries in relation to reporting, financial controls and systems.
- Manage a team of 5
- Production of year-end financial statements and lead on the annual audit process in co-ordination with the wider finance team
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) that has experience of managing a team and working directly with key senior stakeholders. This role will require you to deliver high quality financial reporting to tight deadlines and you will need to provide evidence of this during the interview process. In addition, it is important you hold a passion to work for a health related charity and an interest in working towards improving the lives of those who are extremely vulnerable.
Salary - £55,000 to £65,000 plus excellent benefits including flexible working arrangements
A charity are recruiting for an Interim Financial/Year-end Accountant.
Your new company
A small, high profile charity based in Central London.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Finance you will be responsible for assisting the finance team over the year-end period. Responsibilities will include the balance sheet reconciliation of the key accounts, investigating any discrepancies and making the necessary adjustments; reviewing work to date on the Excel template; populating the auditor's template as well as completing any other tasks relating to audit and clearance. Anticipated duration is for 1 month+.
What you'll need to succeed
You will be a qualified Accountant with strong charity year-end financial accounting experience.
What you'll get in return
The opportunity to add value within a leading charity.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.