19 Graphic designer jobs near Westminster, Greater London
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
- Fixed Term Contract – 12 months
- £43,764.00 per annum
- Full time (37.5 hours a week)
- Flexible working options will be supported
- Lincolnshire – Remote working with attendance at Boston office and travel across Lincolnshire as required. Attendance at Ageing Better London office. Hybrid working supported
The Centre for Ageing Better is an independent charitable foundation, funded by The National Lottery Community Fund.
The Centre for Ageing Better creates change in policy and practice informed by evidence and works with partners across England to improve employment, housing, health and communities. We believe that more people living longer represents a huge opportunity for society and we want everyone to enjoy a good later life. But changes are needed so more people are in good health, are financially secure, are socially connected, and have a sense of meaning and purpose in later life. We have set out a bold ambition to do more on all these fronts.
We are striving to create an organisation that reflects our society and the communities we serve. A workplace where everyone feels empowered and where diversity of background and thought is celebrated. We know there is more work to be done and are committed to continuing to improve our practice around Equality, Diversity, and Inclusion.
We are a Positive Action employer, therefore in recruitment where two candidates are ‘as qualified as’ each other, we will favour a candidate from any group identified as currently underrepresented in our team based on protected characteristics as outlined in the Equality Act 2010.
About the role
As Senior Service Designer you will be a key member of our team working with Lincolnshire County Council on a joint programme to create a ‘Good Home Agency’.
Based in Boston Borough Council, but working across Lincolnshire, you will drive forward the design, development and testing work. You will plan and implement the design process and work with colleagues to capture and share lessons learnt with local and national stakeholders.
You will provide design leadership, being the expert on user-centred design, and will provide guidance and mentorship to colleagues. You will work collaboratively with a team to deliver an effective design process.
The successful candidate will have extensive experience as a service designer working on similar projects with minimal support. Previous experience of mentoring colleagues who are new to design projects is desirable.
To apply please send application form in Word format (no CVs) addressing in the personal statement section how you meet the criteria for the role. The closing date for this role is 9am on Thursday 10th February 2022. Interviews being held by Zoom week commencing 21st February.
Please complete the attached Equality and Diversity below and return alongside your application form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Crisis is the national charity for homeless people. We know that homelessness is not inevitable. We know that together we can end it.
About the role
As the Senior Graphic Designer, you will support the brand and marketing team to create inspiring content to drive engagement with people who give time, funds and campaign for the cause and those that need our support. You’ll support campaigns/projects that really will make a difference to society as we work together to end homelessness. We are looking for a designer, with bags of creative and fresh thinking who can take others on a journey. You will have strong technical skills and an excellent knowledge of design principles. We are looking for a candidate with excellent communication (written and in person), with an eye for detail, who can work independently and as part of a project/campaign team. The Senior Graphic Designer will work on creative concepts and the line manage an art worker to help content and campaigns come to life.
You will possess a high attention to detail and used to working within a fast paced, high volume environment. You will be self-starter and highly skilled creative, with the ability to understand and translate creative concepts across multi-platform, deliverables and formats.
We want Crisis to be an inclusive employer which then reflects our members and the communities we work in. We want to offer opportunities to everyone regardless of their gender, ethnicity, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age. We particularly welcome applications from people with lived experience of homelessness.
Working at Crisis
As a member of the team you will have access to a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Interest free loans to purchase a train season ticket or a bike or for a deposit to secure a tenancy
- Mandatory pension scheme, with an employer contribution of 8.5%
- 25 days’ annual leave which increases with service to 28 days
Alongside our excellent staff benefits, we will support your ongoing development to build your skills, experience and career.
When you join us you will have the opportunity to join our staff diversity networks, which aim to champion issues across the organisation, enable staff to be their authentic and best selves and contribute to making Crisis a truly diverse organisation.
We have 5 staff diversity networks which include Black, Asian and Ethnic people, LGBTQ+ people, those with Lived Experience of Homelessness, Women at Crisis and Disability Awareness.
How to apply
If this sound likes the opportunity for you, please click on the 'Apply for Job' button below.
Closing date: Sunday 30th January 2022 (at 23:59)
Interviews will be held week commencing 7th February.
We welcome applications from people who identify as neuro diverse and want our recruitment process to be as accessible as possible. If you need us to make an adjustment or provide additional support as you apply for a role, please email our Recruitment team, contact details can be found on our website.
Registered Charity Numbers: E&W1082947, SC040094
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Islamic Relief Worldwide is an independent humanitarian and development organisation, serving humanity for over 37 years. With an active presence in over 40 countries across the globe, we strive to make the world a better and fairer place for those affected by poverty, conflicts and natural disasters.
Islamic Relief UK (IRUK), due to team growth, is recruiting for the position of ‘Graphic Designer’ to join its Communications & Creative Content division based in Waterloo, London. As part of the Creative Content team, the Graphic Designer is responsible for delivering a wide range of high-quality, innovative and expressive online and offline media that reflects IR’s progressive humanitarian work on a national and international level. The post holder will be working on visual and design assets which include fundraising materials and emergency appeal communications; social media graphics, print collateral; events marketing; advocacy campaigns; material about our international programmes; website content, producing publications and occasionally assisting on video production for campaigns. The role involves being creative with a strong technical design background in order to produce and coordinate all aspects of design work. The post holder will be able to work to tight deadlines ensuring output to a high-quality standard and in line with IRUK brand guidelines.
The successful candidate must have or be:
- A qualification or relevant experience in Graphic Design
- Be artistic in producing graphically animated sequences
- Creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent research skills to successfully market products aimed at IR’s diverse donor base
- Excellent planning and organisational skills including the ability to plan own work, and establish and maintain monitoring systems
- Flexible and adaptable with the ability to respond effectively to requests for briefs and deadlines
- Co-operative and supportive team player with an ability to work within cross organisational teams
- Specialist knowledge of using graphic design software (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Ability to travel occasionally to attend meetings/training involving overnight stays
- Empathy with the aims, goals and values of IRUK, and a commitment to support delivery to meet these
- Proven experience of producing designs from the concept stage
- Experience in storyboarding and presenting ideas creatively
- Experience in producing graphic design assets for print
- Experience in producing graphic design assets for online and social media channels
For more information, please click on the Documents tab above to view the full Job Description.
**You must also include a link or attach a design portfolio to your application**
If you are talented, reliable, service-minded, resilient and a highly motivated professional looking for a meaningful career, with a strong commitment to IRW’s mission and values of sincerity, excellence, compassion, social justice and custodianship, please apply by completing our online application form.
For more information on the excellent company benefits we offer our employees, please visit our website.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews are expected to take place on the week commencing 14th February 2022.
Any employment with Islamic Relief will be subject to the following checks:
- screening clearance
- proof of eligibility to live and work within the UK
- receipt of satisfactory references
Please note, for UK-based roles, we are only able to accept applications from candidates who are eligible to work in the UK. We are unable to progress applications that would require sponsorship.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
IRW is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom IRW engages. IRW expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records checks. IRW also participates in the Inter Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme.
In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment.
By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
Applicants should be sympathetic to the values of Islamic Relief:
(Sincerity, Excellence, Compassion, Social Justice and Custodianship)
Islamic Relief is an equal opportunities employer
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our creative team as a full time junior designer. You’ll help bring our visual content to life through print and digital design and support the team to deliver concepts and layouts in a variety of formats based on audience insight and fresh creative ideas.
You’ll make sure all your design work brings our brand to life and reveals the reality of living with Parkinson’s.
What you’ll do:
- Design standout print and digital content, delivering against a clear brief and goals
- Support the Creative team’s aim in delivering a strong visual identity, which considers the needs of people with Parkinson’s and brings our brand to life
- Support design projects to deliver updates, concepts and layouts in a variety of print and digital formats eg leaflets, booklets, adverts and social media assets
- Construct artwork master templates for use by the Creative team and freelancer/agencies
What you’ll bring:
- BA level design qualification or equivalent experience of delivering hands-on design across print and digital channels in line with brand guidelines
- Experience of Adobe CC software packages, particularly fluent in:
- InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat
- High level of creativity and ability to think outside of the box
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated with a proactive and engaging style
- Organised, with the ability to produce design work to tight deadlines and the ability to tackle multiple projects at one time
This is an exciting time for Parkinson’s UK and we would love you to join us!
Please include a link to your design portfolio in your supporting statement.
Closing date: 6 February 2022
Interviews will take place week commencing 14 February 2022
As well as flexible working hours, this role is offered on a flexible contract giving you the opportunity to also work from home, on an agreed working pattern. You will be required to cover your own travel expenses to the office.
We welcome applications from people from all sections of the community, irrespective of race, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief. We actively encourage people with Parkinson's to apply.
Title: Digital Designer
Salary: up to £30K plus London Allowance of £3,500
Hours/Contract: Full time - 35 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
Based: A flexible hybrid working model based at home and our offices in Vauxhall
Closing date: 3rd February 2022
Interview date: TBC
This is your chance to join Marie Curie: one of the UK's largest charities. And you'll be a part of something bigger still - you'll be helping people with terminal illnesses and their loved ones.
As our Digital Designer, you'll join our in-house Creative team - that's designers, copywriters and stories officers - within our award-winning Comms department. It's an exciting time for our brand… and you'll be at the heart of it all.
You'll do what you do best across all Marie Curie's digital channels. One day you'll be creating social videos, the next you'll be optimising our website, the next you'll be concepting fundraising campaigns with your fellow creatives. And every day, you'll be doing your bit for a charity that's needed now more than ever.
What we're looking for:
- Experience in a digital design role within a public-facing, marketing-focused organisation or agency
- Professional experience of Adobe Creative Suite
- A strong grasp of all things design: typography, photography, illustration, animation
- A degree in Graphic Design or equivalent
- Someone who stays abreast of all the latest design trends
What's in it for you:
- A new role to really make your own
- Flexible working opportunities
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Marie Curie Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Loan schemes for bikes, computers and satnavs
- Industry-leading training programmes
Marie Curie is committed to its values, which underpin our work. We take stringent steps to ensure that the people who join our organisation through employment or volunteering, are suitable for their roles and are committed to safeguarding all our people from harm. This includes our staff, volunteers and all those who use or come into contact with our services. We are dedicated to creating not just a safe place to work but also a supportive and rewarding one.
We are committed to a world where everyone can thrive and fulfil their potential. We are devoted to the social justice imperatives and organisational benefits of full diversity, inclusion and equity in the workplace, and are a Stonewall champion. We actively encourage and welcome applications from candidates of diverse cultures, perspectives and lived experiences.
Every day of your life matters - from the first to the last. When you work for Marie Curie, you understand that better than ever. We're a passionate, committed and diverse team of more than 4,400 staff and 12,000 volunteers, here for people living with any terminal illness, and their families. We offer expert care, guidance and support, to help them get the most from the time they have left.
Everyone knows our daffodil, but it's our warmth, creativity and care that touch lives. Here, we take the time to really get to know the people we care for and those who love them. And we do whatever it takes to give them the final days and hours they deserve
Citizens Advice offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. Through our national network of charities, we give people the knowledge and the confidence they need to find their way forward – whoever they are, and whatever their problem.
Do you want to work for an organisation that makes a difference, every single day, to people from all walks of life? The people that turn to Citizens Advice need help overcoming an obstacle in their lives – from debt to evictions to trouble at work – and you can be key to them getting the support they need in the quickest, easiest, and most effective way.
We particularly welcome applications from disabled and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as BAME and disabled people are currently under-represented throughout Citizens Advice. We are a member of the race equality campaign at Business in the Community, the Prince’s responsible business network and are committed to improving employment opportunities for ethnic minorities across the UK. We also welcome applications from, LGB and Trans and non binary candidates.
We have made a positive commitment to employing disabled people and guarantee to interview all disabled candidates who meet the minimum essential criteria for the role as set out in role profiles.
We’re looking for a content designer with experience working in a collaborative team. We'd like you to ensure our content is accurate, usable and factually correct for the millions of people who use our website.
You’ll be confident writing for a range of audiences and familiar with using analytics to inform, develop and test content. Most importantly, you’ll be a team player and committed to making sure that Citizens Advice’s digital content is the best it can be.
You’ll work alongside other content designers, user researchers, designers and developers to build content and services that solve people’s problems efficiently.
Our commitment to flexible working extends to where we work. As Covid restrictions ease, Citizens Advice are moving towards a permanent mix of office and home based working which will give much more choice to staff, while still maintaining the best of collaborative working.
The National Citizens Advice Operates from offices in England and Wales, with 4 regional offices based in Cardiff, London, Birmingham and Leeds, therefore all successful applicants must be based within England or Wales.
Please be aware that Citizens Advice is not a sponsoring organisation. Therefore the successful applicant must already possess the right to work in the UK or be able to secure the right to work in the UK independently.
In the event of a high number of applications, we reserve the right to close the application early.
This vacancy closes at 23.59 on Sunday 30th January 2022.
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 (may have flexibility)
Contract: Permanent. Will consider 4 day part time, compressed hours, remote and all flexible working requests will be considered.
Hours: 35 hours. Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm. Core hours 10am-4pm.
Location: London, Stratford currently working from home.
Closing date:. 11.59pm 30th January 2022. Do not delay applying as we will be shortlisting on application. Applications are now all anonymous please apply online ensuring all application questions are answered.
Want to know more? Take a look at our
Are you passionate about designing products and services that are useful, easy to use, and delightful to interact with to help us beat cancer sooner?
This role sits within our Design Team, and we are looking for someone who will be committed to enhancing the experience that people have while interacting with Cancer Research UK and making sure they find value in what we are providing, helping CRUK to achieve its mission to beat cancer sooner.
What will I be doing?
- Lead on user research and UX design across a range of products and services
- Run workshops and lead on design activities with Tech teams and business stakeholders to define the right problem to solve
- Get to know our users via regular user research sessions and evaluate your solutions in usability testing
- Test, learn, measure and iterate on your designs via experimentation and A/B testing
What are we looking for?
- Lean UX and design thinking
- Workshop facilitation
- Qualitative and quantitative user research methods
- Prototyping and design skills - we use Adobe XD and when we need to, Axure
- Working in Agile product teams
What will I gain?
- 25 days annual leave a year plus public holidays and 1 CRUK day.
- Pension scheme paying to 10% employer contributions.
- A brilliant learning and development environment.
- A range of generous rewards and benefits via our Rewards platform everything from gym membership, cinema tickets to discounts on cars.
Our optimism and desire for success leads us to constantly challenge ourselves and others, which means you'll be encouraged to stretch yourself in our dynamic environment. And ultimately you'll know that you'll be changing lives through your work.?
If you're as ambitious as we are, join our collective force and enjoy an excellent career, as we save lives and add years.
We're looking for a talented and versatile designer to join our team. You must be a fully integrated all-rounder who feels at home across print, social and digital, but who can also add value and design input across motion and interactive/innovative formats.
About Save the Children UK
Save the Children exists to help every child reach their full potential. In more than 100 countries including the UK, we make sure children stay safe, healthy and keep learning. We find new ways to reach children who need us most, no matter where they're growing up. For a century, we've stood up for children's rights and made sure their voices are heard. Together with children, supporters and partners, we're determined to help every child become who they want to be.
About the role
- Research and develop inspiring design solutions for a wide variety of print and online audiences.
- Act as a brand guardian always ensuring the integrity of our UK brand identity.
- Set standards for content production in design discipline, ensuring that freelancers meet these standards, and providing technical advice to colleagues as requested
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with your team, stakeholders and the wider organisation.
You'll collaborate on a daily basis with a team of talented creative specialists, from award-winning photographers to insight-led copywriters, who try to think beyond the obvious. We're passionate about what we do and who we do it with, united by the beliefs that every child deserves a future and that change is possible. You'll be joining the organisation during an exciting new phase, as we push to create deeper connections with our supporters and adopt fresher ways of thinking and working.
If you can see possibility in the world all around us and want to use your creativity to make a difference to children's futures, this is the role for you.
You'll have a degree or equivalent experience in visual communication with significant experience of working professionally producing visual design for integrated projects across both print and digital platforms. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, excellent artworking and typography skills are essential.
Your approach is as important as the skills you have and there are some key characteristics that will help you flourish in the role.
- Enthusiastic and driven with a positive, can-do attitude.
- A pro-active problem solver.
- Keen to take an active and supportive part in brainstorms, workshops and discussions
- Committed, reliable and flexible, with the ability to handle pressure and keep up in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
We'll want to see a portfolio of your most relevant work when reviewing your application. Please make sure you include a link to your digital portfolio/website on your CV or upload a PDF version of your portfolio along with your CV when you apply.
The majority of SCUK employees are currently working remotely within the UK in line with UK Government guidance. Commencing July 2021 we will transition to flexible and hybrid ways of working (i.e. a mixture of remote/home and office-based working) as social distancing restrictions ease.
We are happy to discuss flexible working options at interview.
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Save the Children UK is committed to diversity and equality of opportunity in all aspects of our work both external and internal. We strive to be an inclusive employer and particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups such as returning parents or carers who are re-entering work after a career break, people who are LGBT+, from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, with a disability, impairment, learning difference or long-term condition, with caring responsibilities, from different nations and regions, and from less advantaged socioeconomic backgrounds.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Learning Designer to join our team based in Chingford. You will be working on a full time, basis as part of a fixed term contract for 2 years. In return, we will offer you a competitive salary of £30,511, Band E, Level 3. Inclusive of outer-London weighting allowance. We offer hybrid working options with the requirement to come in the office every few weeks.
We’re Scouts and everyone’s welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. We give over 400,000 4-25 year olds the skills they need for school, college, university, the job interview: the skills they need for life.
The volunteer journey team is working to improve the experience of volunteering for every volunteer at Scouts (and those who’ve not yet joined us.) We want to make volunteering easier and more fun. We want to involve more volunteers so we can reach more young people and new communities. We want our volunteers to better reflect their local communities and national demographics, and ensure that every volunteer feels a valued part of Scouts.
The Learning Design Team specifically, within the Volunteer Journey Team, is working on transforming learning for all of our 150,000 adult volunteers across our 8,000 charities. We want to provide an enjoyable learning experience to every learner, where they feel recognized and supported, and where the learning creates a positive and helpful impact in their work.
Key responsibilities as our Digital Learning Designer:
- Getting to setup and configure a brand new learning system for a large organisation
- Explore and test with volunteers to make sure our learning system and content gives a great user experience
- Design and develop a range of different learning content for a diverse audience
What we are looking for in our Digital Learning Designer:
- Experience in administrating, configuring or managing Learning Management or Experience Systems or similar
- Recent and relevant experience in learning and development/learning design and delivery
- Experience in the design and development of digital learning experiences that meet the needs of a diverse and geographically scattered population of people
- Understanding and experience of assessing learning needs and designing appropriate learning solutions that can be delivered through e-learning, self-directed learning or by local trainers and facilitators
- Great technical and digital skills – xAPI, SCORM, Widgets and other such terms are familiar to you, and you are happy to engage with the technical aspect of Learning Systems and IT integrations
- Knowledge and/or skills in Inclusive Design and Accessibility
- Able and willing to work evenings and weekends
What we can offer you as our Digital Learning Designer:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years’ service and 32 days after 5 years’ service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
- Chance to develop innovative and best-in-class learning experiences
- Chance to make a transformational difference to the experience of our 140,000 volunteers - and through this to young people and communities
- Chance to work collaboratively, especially with volunteers across the UK
- Chance to engage in staff learning & development opportunities to develop skills
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer…
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team as our new Digital Learning Designer! Click ‘Apply’ now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies.
As a Senior Designer you will connect and relay the strategic leadership and thinking of the Senior Creative Manager with our design resources.
You will be responsible for bringing our brand to life and driving creative excellence in design, across print and digital platforms.
You will influence and inspire our in-house designers, freelancers and agencies to ensure all projects are delivered on time and to a consistently high standard, are on brand and within budget. We are looking for a mature creative with strong direction and leadership skills and a highly inspired and well thought through portfolio.
Interview stage 1: 09/02/2022
Interview stage 2: 11/02/2022
What we can offer you:
- Generous annual leave starting at 25 days plus bank holidays
- A Cash Healthcare Plan (giving you up to £1,500 towards a range of out of pocket health expenses like new glasses, dentist, chiropractor or osteopath appointments)
- Early finish Friday and flexible working as part of our approach to activity based working
- Discounts on gym membership
- Employee assistance programme to give you support on any issues that come up in life
- Annual season ticket loan* (on completion of your probation period and if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
- Very active social scene including sport teams, gardening and other activities
- Generous pension provision, life assurance and income protection insurance
- Cycle to work scheme* (eligible for scheme if contract is permanent or longer than 12 months)
*Some benefits aren't available until you've passed your probation period and are dependent on the length of contract.
You'll support the Senior Creative Manager in managing the overall designers' capacity and in providing creative leadership while ensuring all designs delivered by the team are effective, of excellent quality, and adhere to our brand guidelines and house style.
You'll be working with colleagues across the charity to take a range of projects through from concept to completion and support the ongoing improvement of the way our design function works.
You'll act as a guardian and a champion for the Brand.
As a Senior Designer you will have solid experience in designing within brand guidelines for both print materials and digital platforms. You will need to be a clear and proactive communicator, supporting your managers in providing creative direction and promoting the team's reputation.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience of overseeing the work of other creatives ensuring it delivers high standard, in-brand and effective solutions to a variety of briefs.
You will be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud and acquainted to work with little supervision and as part of a team, to deliver innovative and impactful print and digital projects from concept to final execution.
You will help optimising service efficiency, preventing blockages and tackling issues before they escalate, while being an expert in managing an active print and digital workload and production schedule working towards deadlines and within budget.
As an inclusive organisation we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Salary £25,000pa – London office-based (hybrid working options available)
We are looking for an assistant designer to join our in-house design team, part of Publishing Services for the Methodist Church. We produce a wide range of publications, merchandise and campaign content, used across Britain and with global partners to support the mission and ministry of the Church. We have a ‘digital first’ approach to publishing, so we are looking for someone able to design the graphics for social media and web content, as well as lay out print pages, which may be output as e-books or pages to download.
We have recently developed a new brand book to extend and define our visual identity and tone of voice, so you will need to be able to work creatively with these guidelines. In your application, you may wish to highlight somewhere online where we can view examples of your work. The post-holder for this new role will be responsible for sourcing and managing images, and supporting relationships with freelance designers. Familiarity with digital asset management systems would be an advantage.
In return we offer an exceptional pension scheme, generous annual leave entitlement (with an extra 3 days’ leave granted over Christmas/New Year), TOIL, flexi-leave and an on-site Wellbeing Advice support service.
Closing date: 12 noon, Monday 14 February 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 23 February 2022
Click Apply to be redirected to our website to complete an application.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Urgently Seeking a Midweight Digital Motion Designer!
Join the Muslim Hands Fundraising Digital Team
We are looking for a Midweight Motion designer to join our small but growing Digital Team.
The Digital Team connect our donors with our fundraising causes online via our website, through social media ads, PPC and display ads. Our goal is to produce share-worthy content that makes our audience feel connected to our causes. Original, flexible, and critical thinkers who communicate and collaborate well with other contributors will thrive.
As a motion designer, you’ll be responsible for creating engaging video content to help us reach our fundraising goals. As a gifted storyteller you will be able to make solid editorial judgements on selecting the right footage and story angle for short length ads, as well as long-form videos. You will help our fundraising team to shape a visual identity and voice that cuts through the noise on social media.
The ideal candidate must have strong design, layout, and animation skills; demonstrated experience with video and sound, be familiar with all social media platforms and passionate about exploring the opportunities their constant innovations offer for fundraising.
We are looking for people who meet the following qualifications:
Able to work remotely (with ability to attend occasional meetings in the London or Nottingham offices)
Eligibility to work in the United Kingdom.
2+ years of design / motion design experience
A pragmatic innovator whose solutions elicit responses that justify the effort and investment
Demonstrated ability to create story presentations that intelligently incorporate video, audio, still images and text
Strong visual and design skills in motion design as well as traditional graphic design
A clear grasp of typography, layout, colour, motion and behaviour
Attention to detail and excellent communication skills
Ability to meet deadlines and adapt to change on a daily basis
Experience working collaboratively with members of a mixed-media team
Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite, After Effects in particular
Please note: Applications without links to portfolios/ work samples will not be considered.
Candidates should apply by emailing their resume and portfolio
Subject line of the email should be “Midweight Digital Motion Designer” and then the applicant’s 'Name'.
Further Details. . .
Vacancy Reference Number:
Midweight Digital Motion Designer
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Muslim Hands UK, 595-597 Commercial Road, London, E1 0HJ.
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £30,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Full Time Contract (subject to successfully completing a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Please send an introductory email telling us why you are suitable for the role along with your CV and 3 samples of recent work by no later than 7th February 2022. Subject line of the email should be “Midweight Digital Motion Designer” and then the applicant’s 'Name'. Please note your application will not be considered if you don’t send examples of your latest work or a cover letter.
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold an Online Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please familiarise yourself with ZOOM, Team Link, MS Teams, and Skype post successful submission of your application.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our team during an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities by 2025.
Muslim Hands is an NGO that is at the forefront of delivering live saving aid and emergency relief to those who need it most, as well as building long term solutions that help the needy and impoverished worldwide.
The Fundraising team is young, diverse and dynamic and is set up to deliver and turn around tasks efficiently in a fast-moving sector. We thrive on new and creative ideas, always keeping the needs of our donors first and foremost.
Are you a talented creative looking to make a difference in the world? Do you want to join a friendly and supportive fundraising team where your contribution can literally save lives? If you answered yes, then we have the ideal job for you!
As Midweight Digital Motion Designer, you will be a key member of the Digital Team, responsible primarily for creating engaging and persuasive digital assets to increase brand awareness and drive conversions. Reporting to the Digital Manager, you will work closely with the Digital Marketing Executive and in collaboration with the Creative Team from creative ideation through to the production of digital assets.
To be considered for this role you will demonstrate experience producing creative assets including video and graphics for digital marketing and social media for platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and the Google Display Network amongst others.
You will be a gifted storyteller and have creative flare with proven ability to produce scroll-stopping creatives that grab attention and drive action. You will be passionate about the humanitarian sector and committed to serving Muslim Hand’s purpose of fighting poverty and sustainable development.
With our donors at the heart of the change we’d like to see in our world, your key focus will be:
- Producing high-quality, engaging creative assets for digital marketing platforms including social media, YouTube, Google and website.
- Pro-actively participating in creative ideation, video planning, scripting, storyboarding and shot lists.
- Managing all stages of video production including, pre-production, production, and post-production
- Supporting the development and execution of the digital marketing strategy
- Keeping ahead of the latest content trends and features.
- Creating tailormade content across multiple social media platforms to increase engagement with the brand across the digital landscape.
- Aligning work output with brief requirements.
- Working together with other content creators such as the designers to deliver consistency in the creative brand across our social campaigns.
- Shooting content on location/ in studio as and when required.
- Support content creation for social media and TV as and when required.
- Working alongside the Creative Manager to deliver a brand video strategy.
- Organising and maintaining all files and the asset library
Skills and Experience
- BA in related field (Media Studies, Film Making, Graphic Design) with 2 years of professional experience
- Digital asset production including video production and editing, motion graphics and graphic design.
- Knowledge of how to make great content for digital marketing, across a variety of channels and formats.
- Comprehensive working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Premier, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Shooting live- action and camera skills
- Ability to contribute to the full creative process from developing ideas to producing content
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ideally, an understanding of third sector audiences.
- Creative thinker, articulate and persuasive and able to communicate operational initiatives and outcomes.
- Experience in designing brand content for web, desktop and mobile.
- You have a deep natural curiosity, desire to experiment and ability to effectively deal with the heat of change.
- You have a growth and learning mindset: ready to test, stumble, learn and apply from experience.
- You are a team player, willing to collaborate and get involved in all aspects of a digital marketing campaign, from inception to post-production.
- You are able to accept and act upon constructive feedback
- You have a genuine interest in digital marketing and the latest digital trends as well as a desire to help others through your work.
- You are self-motivated, driven, and accountable, with an ability to navigate ambiguity.
Essential for Successful Postholder to:
- Possess the ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Be able to either:
1. Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands;
2. Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- Support with other Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in live TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- Undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- Promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
We reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
Send CV and 3 samples of recent work by no later than 7th February 2022
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Title: Communications Coordinator
Reporting: Marketing Manager
Location: Hammersmith, London
Charity People is thrilled to be working with Maggie's Centres, a fantastic cancer-support charity, in their search for a new Communications Coordinator! A core role within the communications team, you will work closely with the Communications Manager on creative communications projects including email marketing.
This amazing organisation continues to grow as a charity and provides free, unique support in specially designed centres to over 400,000 affected by cancer each year. A lifeline for many, this is an opportunity to join a truly trailblazing organisation with an excellent brand.
In post, you will have key responsibilities, as follows:
* Work closely with the Communications Manager to deliver email marketing campaigns
* Support senior managers with the creation of presentations and ad hoc communications projects including within fundraising, campaigns and programmes
* You will be the first point of contact supporting fundraising and programmes colleagues with communications questions
* Manage a quarterly print order including ad hoc runs for branded materials across 24 centres and the head office including working with printers to source the best value for money
* Support the graphic designer with small projects
* Day to day management of the organisations CMS (content management systems)
The ideal candidate will be proactive and foster a collaborative approach, will feel comfortable communicating with colleagues at all levels and building great relationships not only within the immediate team, but wider teams. You will possess strong organisational skills and be able to manage your own workload whilst having a flexible approach. Strong IT skills (particularly with MS packages) and a keen eye for detail will be key. When it comes to processes you'll the freedom to implement them across the team so we're working in a more efficient way too!
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis, so please do apply ASAP to avoid disappointment!
If you are interested in applying for this wonderfully rewarding role, please do reach out to Alice Wood at Charity People ASAP so we can get the ball rolling soon!
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities we work with.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The urgent human rights issues in the Europe and Central Asia region are hugely varied and demand creative campaigns that are well-researched, well-planned and well-managed despite the time pressures that surround them.
An expert in all aspects of digital campaigning you will guide and contribute to Amnesty's campaign development and implementation always aiming to maximise Amnesty's impact in the Europe and Central Asia region.
At every stage you will collaborate with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to ensure Amnesty's campaigns are innovative, impactful and fully integrated in the digital space.
Create compelling and strategic campaign actions, supporter acquisition plans and supporter journeys across a range of digital properties for Europe and Central Asia, global and multilingual audiences, coordinate digital campaigning by Amnesty International sections in the Europe and Central Asia region.
- Develop and implement innovative digital campaigning plans, that align with the wider campaign strategy, across a range of digital properties, ensuring campaigns identify and take advantage of opportunities and lead to measurable change.
- Coordinate digital action planning and ensure consistency with campaigning standards and optimal use of resources.
- Work with regional Communications Managers & Senior Campaigners to create plans and deliver content across digital properties owned and operated by AI and third parties related to campaigns and actions.
- Conduct audience analysis and social listening to make evidence based recommendations for digital campaign development, actions and ongoing work in pursuit of campaign goals.
- Draft, review and advise on campaign materials for internal and external use ensuring products are coherent within the campaign strategy, input into the communication of campaign messages to target audiences effectively and lead to measurable action by these targets.
Please see the attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Knowledge and experience of developing, delivering and managing specialized digital activism plans for campaigning.
- Knowledge and experience of campaigning and activism: knowledge of campaigning methods and tactics and a good understanding of what motivates people to take action. Understanding of security and protection issues related to digital campaigning and activism. Demonstrated understanding of ethical principles when sharing individuals' stories in a digital environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital marketing techniques, user testing and the ability to identify new digital marketing opportunities to drive engagement.
- Experience of monitoring and reporting on digital campaigns/actions. Proven ability to derive actionable insights from analytics around conversion, traffic funnelling, etc.
Please see the attached job description for more information on responsibilities, skills and experience required.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who campaign for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We reach almost every country in the world.
Our aim is simple: an end to human rights abuses. Independent, international and influential, we campaign for justice, fairness, freedom and truth wherever they're denied. And whether we're applying pressure through powerful research or direct lobbying, mass demonstrations or online campaigning, we're all inspired by hope for a better world. One where human rights are respected and protected by everyone, everywhere.
At Amnesty International, we are passionate about what we do and we are proud of our achievements as a movement. To compensate our employees for the critical work they do, we reward them through a combination of an attractive and sector competitive salary and benefits package, high levels of engagement and involvement, and a commitment to employee development.
Benefits include 37 days annual leave (inclusive of public holidays and grace days), pension scheme, employee assistance programme, life assurance and many more benefits designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional, engaging environment.
For further information on our benefits, please visit
WHAT WE HOPE YOU WILL DO NEXT
If you are talented, passionate about human rights and want to use your skills, knowledge and experience to change the world then we would encourage you to click 'Apply for this Role' below.
The successful candidate will manage our digital department, overseeing our freelance subtitlers to produce excellent quality digital subtitles for pre-recorded content i.e. film, trailers and online, to both the Cultural Sector and the subtitle user.
This is a key position for the organisation in delivering its digital programmes and is an opportunity to develop skills and make a positive impact on the enjoyment of accessible subtitles for all.
As a small team we expect all Managers to become familiar with the procedures of all services in order to provide cover and answer enquiries when necessary. This also ensures a continuity of approach, underpins company ethos and appreciation of all the various services Stagetext offers.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.