Healthy Activity Practitioner Jobs in Glasgow
Using Anonymous Recruitment
This organisation is using Anonymous Recruitment to reduce bias in the first stages of the hiring process. Our system keeps your personal information hidden until the recruiter contacts you.
This organisation is scheduling interviews as the applications come in. Don’t miss your opportunity, apply now!
Relate is the leading relationships charity and the Relate Federation is the largest provider of relationship support in England and Wales. Offering counselling, information, mediation and support to individuals, couples and families, we work with people of all backgrounds and sexualities at all stages of life. Over the last year our counselling services have been delivered exclusively via video and phone. We also provide expert training for relationship support practitioners.
Our vision is a future where healthy relationships are actively promoted as the heart of a thriving society. Our mission is to make expert information and support for healthy relationships available to everyone. We value being human, connected and smart in the way we work.
The Relate Federation comprises the national charity Relate – which delivers services in 15 Relate Regions – and 30 local federated Relate Centres which are independent registered charities, as well as other expert partners. Led by the national charity, we all work together under the Relate brand to ensure consistently high-quality services for those we exist to support. In total, around 1,400 practitioners work across our Federation.
Relate is currently being led by a new Chair and recently appointed a highly experienced turnaround CEO, after suffering revenue decline and a deficit. The Interim CEO has already reversed the revenue decline - but an Interim HR Director is required to address a wide-ranging number of HR issues and re-engage the primarily counselling staff in supporting this growth.
This is a remote role for an Interim HR Director who will play a critical role in guiding our HR function through a period of turnaround. The successful candidate will be responsible for mangling all human resource activities in line with company policies and legal standards. They will be responsible for developing and implementing HR policies and programs, managing employee relations, and overseeing performance management.
- Proven experience as an HR Director or equivalent executive level HR role within the charity sector.
- Strong knowledge of HR practices and policies.
- Experience in creating and implementing HR policies that support double digit growth.
- Experience of delivering equality, diversity, and inclusion strategy and plans.
- Expertise in employee relations and performance management of salaried and zero hours contracted staff.
- Experience of developing career and capability pathways and remuneration strategies that retain expert (counselling) staff.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and remotely.
- Experience in non-profit sector.
- Experience of business turnaround/business changes.
- Strong knowledge of UK employment law, HR best practices, and industry standards.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to rapidly mentor and develop staff.
- Experience working with Cezanne
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.