Helpline Supervisor Jobs in Nottingham
Location: Home working, with occasional attendance at the London office (quarterly)
This is an exciting time to join GamCare as we grow and develop our online support services for people who are affected by gambling harms.
To support this growth, we’re recruiting for the role of Online Support Team Leader. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience of delivering support services, as well as a confident communicator who enjoys being part of and leading a team of people.
This is a pivotal role where you will be overseeing and leading the delivery and development of the online support services at GamCare. The service currently includes online appointments, email support, chatrooms and forums as well as a self-guided online support programme for people who are affected by gambling harms.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing the daily operational processes of the Online Support Services team
- Line Management of Online Support Practitioners
- Promoting and raising awareness of the services available, internally and externally, to ensure they are as accessible as possible
- Supporting the ongoing reporting and evaluation of GamCare’s online services
- Identifying and providing input into development areas of current and new online services
As the successful candidate, you’ll be leading a remote team of Online Support Practitioners. You need to have demonstrable experience of delivering support services and supervising a team of people as well as a passion for supporting others, particularly those experiencing gambling harms. You will have strong communication skills with a non-judgemental approach and the ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
Founded in 1997, GamCare is the leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling harms. We operate the National Gambling Helpline, provide treatment for anyone who is harmed by gambling, create awareness about safer gambling and treatment, and encourage an effective approach to safer gambling within the gambling industry.
Benefits You Can Enjoy
- 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum (pro-rated for part-time colleagues) including bank holidays which increases with service
- A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%
- Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour support
For further details and to apply please click the apply button
Closing date for applications: 4 March 2024.
Interviews: Will take place online via video conference on 14 March 2024.
GamCare is committed to offering the best support to people affected by gambling harms, as such we welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
GamCare is an equal opportunities employer and doesn’t discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability. We are only able to facilitate visa sponsorship in very limited circumstances, so candidates outside of the UK or who don’t have the right to work in the UK need not apply.
This role is subject to a DBS check.