Museum Assistant Jobs in London
We are looking to recruit a Retail Assistant to join our team based at our London site. You will join us on a full time basis, permanent basis and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £22,954.93 per annum.
The Royal Air Force Museum is a national museum, a Government non-departmental public body (NDPB) and a registered charity, with two sister sites at London and Midlands. Our purpose is to share the RAF story, past, present and future - using the stories of its people and our collections in order to engage, inform and inspire. Our Vision is to inspire everyone with the RAF story – the people who shape it and its place in our lives.
Purpose of the Retail Assistant role:
You will be part of a customer focused team working across both the museum’s retail outlet and admissions point. The ideal person for this position should have excellent customer service skills and the ability to promote and up-sell products, experiences, and activities to our visitors, have a friendly attitude and the ability to multi-task. You must be able to demonstrate ability to deliver exceptional visitor service, ensuring that the experience provided by The Royal Air Force Museum exceeds the expectations of all visitors and that they are delighted with our first-class service and connected with our compelling stories.
Key responsibilities of our Retail Assistant include:
- Providing high standards of customer care through pro-active and re-active engagement with visitors
- Operating commercial experiences, and associated tills
- Maximising commercial experiences revenue by actively promoting the experiences and ensuring the they operate at the appropriate times
- Quickly reporting any commercial experiences issues to the relevant people, including liaising directly with external contractors where appropriate
- Ensuring all security and health and safety requirements are adhered to at all times, including the completion and recording of daily and weekly checks
- Operating flexibly across a range of customer care roles
- Accurately cash-up and reconcile tills/EPOS system as required
- Utilising all visitor interactions as an opportunity to promote additional income generation
What we are looking for in our Retail Assistant:
- Demonstrable experience in customer-focused environment.
- The ability to use knowledge and experience to deal effectively with problems and make appropriate decisions
- A good level of general education.
- Commercial acumen.
- Good level of computer literacy and IT skills including Microsoft Office software.
- Up to date First Aid qualification
- Respectful to colleagues and visitors, asking appropriate questions, listening and appreciating others’ viewpoints and acting in a professional and fair manner
Closing Date: 26th November 2023
Interviews will take place on 5th December 2023.
If you think you have what it takes and want to be part of this exciting journey, please click apply now to be re-directed to our jobs page where you can access the application method and details for the Retail Assistant role. Join us in delivering our purpose and achieving our vision, ensuring that the Royal Air Force’s story continues to enrich and inspire current and future generations. We would love to hear from you.