Senior Prevention Coordinator Jobs in Belfast
- Home-based with monthly travel to Oxford and occasional travel within Europe.
- Full-time post – 37.5 hours per week
- Salary: £39,500 per annum
- Fixed term position until 31 December 2027
- Job reference code: EU Horizon Project Manager WP3
- Apply by: 11:55 pm on Wednesday 13th December 2023
- Interviews: 19th – 20th December 2023.
- Start: 1 March 2024 or as soon as possible.
About The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare
The Centre for Sustainable Healthcare provides research, training and strategic input to national and local health programmes. The Clinical Transformation Programme mainstreams environmental sustainability within clinical areas so that it is integral to the planning of health systems and the practice of healthcare professionals. The programme is supported by our sustainability metrics team who evaluate the environmental, social and financial impact of clinical pathways and services, healthcare products and healthcare organisations. The Education Programme provides training and continuing professional development in sustainable healthcare and planetary health for healthcare professionals in the NHS, higher education institutions and medical schools, professional bodies and other healthcare organisations. The Green Space for Health Programme works to realise the value of the NHS green estate for physical and mental health, supporting NHS sites to develop their green space for the benefit of patients, staff and communities, while improving biodiversity and combatting climate change.
About the Horizon Europe Project: ‘KitNewCare’
About the role
The Project Manager for Sustainable Service Improvements in Kidney Care will be responsible for the successful delivery of Work Package 3 (Organisational and Workflow Optimisations), which focuses on selecting and piloting and evaluating changes in care delivery that bring environmental benefits, to inform best practice guidance in sustainable kidney care. This will involve monitoring and managing the relevant milestones, deliverables and risk registers. The Project Manager will link with part-time local project coordinators in 4 pilot clinical sites (in Italy, the Netherlands, Spain and Poland), to support them with setting up local implementation teams to implement and evaluate changes. The role will involve coordinating with other Work Packages including on training of local teams (WP6), metrics for evaluating the impact of changes (WP2) and developing best practice guidance (WP5).
- Project management of Work Package 3 (Organisational and Workflow Optimisations) of the Horizon Europe project on sustainable kidney care (KitNewCare).
- Coordination with other Work Packages as required.
- Collate information on known process/workflow/pathway optimisations in kidney care.
- Work with part-time local project coordinators in 4 pilot European kidney centres (Utrecht, Modena, Madrid, Warsaw), to:
- build institutional commitment to sustainable healthcare;
- establish and train local ‘Implementation Teams’ (to include representatives of clinical and management staff, patients and industry);
- engage with local kidney patients to make them aware of the project and how they can contribute;
- prioritise opportunities for process/workflow/pathway optimisation in kidney care in local context;
- test and implement optimisations; evaluate the clinical, environmental, social and cost impacts, with support from academic partners (WP2);
- contribute to evaluation of factors affecting implementation, with support from academic partners (Jonkoping University);
- present case studies and learning to senior management in pilot institutions;
- support implementation of successful optimisations in other care disciplines within the pilot institutions.
- Facilitate replication/evaluation of successful optimisations in additional European kidney centres.
- Contribute to dissemination of project outputs internally (to consortium partners) and externally, including through co-authoring of papers for publication and conference presentations.
- Provide supervision and mentoring to Sustainability Fellows in kidney care and kidney transplant care.
- Through consultation with relevant organisations, identify high impact prevention and kidney care improvement initiatives from across Europe and coordinate outreach to leading centres/stakeholders to offer assistance with evaluating environmental, social and cost impacts. Collate and share evaluation findings.
- Participate in consortium meetings and liaise and coordinate activities with the KitNewCare project manager and consortium members.
Please see the full job description attached.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.