3 Senior specialist progression coach jobs
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
Length of contract: 12 months fixed Term (Subject to the continuance of funding)
Salary: £22,183 - £26,511 per annum
Hours: (1 role) 18.5 hours (1 role) 24 hours (1 role) 37 hours
Based: Lancashire and South Cumbria
We help people to achieve the outcomes that matter to them in their lives, by providing high-quality advocacy.
Purpose of role
The role of the Specialist Inpatient Advocate will be to provide support to individuals of all ages within mental health inpatient settings, ensuring people have a voice in decisions affecting their life, whilst helping them to understand their rights. The role will require the post holder to promote self-advocacy and empowerment and enable people to make informed decisions and get their views heard in matters relating to mental health and/or care and support needs within these settings. This will be through one-to-one advocacy and other models of advocacy as required. This activity will include working with people of all ages, people with mental health needs but specifically with people with Autism.
The post holder will also be required to confidently triage eligible and non-eligible referrals and making necessary contact to referrer/advocacy people where further clarification is needed. Where a case is not eligible, the post holder will be signposting the individual to other relevant services that can aid.
- To manage a client caseload and ensure accurate case management and record keeping
- To remain independent from all other services, ensuring you are representing the person using the service only.
- Carry out advocacy duties in line with the QPM (Quality Performance Mark)
- Provide a person led and outcome focused advocacy service for the people we support
- Communicate with the person via phone, face to face, or virtually to explore what issues they would like support with
- Research and find out information for the person and help them to understand any information
- Work with other partners to ensure you are able to fairly represent the individual
- To support people to self-advocate (to articulate their own views wherever possible) or to speak on behalf of the person when requested to
- Promote the rights, equality, diversity and needs of the person by ensuring they are respected and valued as individuals
- Ensure that people have access to information that is presented in an appropriate manner for their individual needs, e.g. Easy Read documents.
- Promote self-advocacy through partnership working, encouraging the person to have maximum involvement in their case, where appropriate.
- Triaging referrals to the service and having discussions with partners and professionals where necessary.
- To support with survey and evaluation of peoples experiences of inpatient settings and produce high level reports.
Alternatively, you can post this to us at Advocacy Focus, First Floor, The Old Tannery, Eastgate, Accrington, Lancashire BB5 6PW.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Job Title: Director FNF Global
Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Direct Reports:Head of Global Partnerships & FNF Global Assistant
Additional Support: Director FNF Academy, Deputy Director FNF Academy
Location: London with home working
Pension: National Employment Savings Trust (NEST)
Term: 2 years initially after a satisfactory 6-month probation period, to be reviewed after 2 years. Secondments will be considered.
FNF is looking for a Director FNF Global to join our innovative team.
The Director FNF Global will contribute to the organisation’s strategy, goals and plans, as well as drive both evolutionary and transformational change. The FNF Global Strategy has recently been approved by the FNF Global Committee and was ratified by the Board of Directors in December 2021
As part of the Florence Nightingale Foundation Executive team the Director will support the charity to achieve ambitious global growth to meet its strategic objectives.
The post holder will work collaboratively with Head of Global Partnerships and the FNF Academy team to ensure the successful delivery of global programmes and projects.
The post holder will work with the Director of Income Generation to provide a creative and dynamic external focus to identify and develop a range of income generation initiatives to support the FNF Global work. This will include project-specific information to support new funding bids and opportunities.
Keep up to date with developments in with relevant global issues for nurses and midwives, with special focus on current affairs and policy developments in target countries especially in relation to potential opportunities to develop or enhance FNF’s Global programmes and projects.
Oversee and provide assurance to the Board of Directors that all activities meet regulatory compliance and records are accurate.
As a member of the Executive Team the post holder will contribute at the highest corporate level influencing key discussions and decisions.
- Lead and deliver the FNF Global strategy providing stretching but achievable goals.
- Ensure all activities are aligned to the overall strategic direction of the Foundation.
- Serve as a fully active member of the FNF Executive Team, supporting the CEO indelivering theorganisational strategic objectives.
- Provide strategic leadership to drive innovation across the Foundation with the aim of securing long term sustainability of income, testing new concepts, and commercial viability in partnership with the Director of Income Generation
- Working as part of the Executive Team, develop, maintain, monitor, and report on financial performance,budgets and forecasts and KPIs.
- Encourage teams to embrace business intelligence and feedback to drive improvements.
- Ensure all risks are identified, communicated, and managed.
- Increase understanding and awareness across the Foundation regarding FNF Global activities.
- Produce reports, proposals, presentations, and associated documents for internaland external (national and global) audiences and Trustees.
- Manage external stakeholders, attend events, and give presentations to drive awareness andsupportfor the Foundation.
- Oversee the use of the CRM to record contacts and activity.
- Ensure all activities are carried out in a manner which meets statutory and regulatory requirements.
- As a director, chair or investigate employee relations cases.
- Ensure FNF commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion is embedded in all areas of responsibility.
- Act as a champion for equality, diversity and inclusion, challenging poor or inappropriate practice in all areas of FNF delivery of service.
- Lead and coach the teams in the areas of responsibility to achieve their personal targets andpersonaldevelopment objectives, empowering them to achieve their potential.
- Ensure all team members are appropriately trained to complete their roles, including legal compliance andall online mandatory training is complete.
- Ensure team members understand and adhere to FNF Policies and Procedures.
- The ability to recognise opportunities for new services and products and to act accordingly, taking measured risks into account.
- The ability to develop and maintain relations, alliances, and coalitions within and outside the organisation and to use them to obtain information, support and cooperation.
- The ability to step back from one’s daily routine, explore ideas for the future, regard the facts from a distance and see them in a broader context or in the longer term.
- The ability to change one’s behavioural style and/or views to attain a set goal.
- The ability and willingness to understand, accept and carry out decisions and measures from managers.
- The ambition to win over other people for one’s views and ideas and to generate support.
- The ability to determine goals and priorities and to assess the actions, time and resources needed to achieve those goals.
Required knowledge, skills, and experience
Education / Qualifications
- Post-graduate level academic or professional management qualification or evidence of equivalent experience.
- Evidence of continuing personal and professional development
Knowledge / Experience
- Experience in working with global nursing/midwifery partners
- Experience of fostering collaborative working relationships with multinational partners across the world
- Experience of managing multinational educational projects from inception to completion
- Track record of measuring and disseminating the impact of projects through a range of media including peer review publication
- Understanding of country specific healthcare systems, educational practices, and political influences
- Evidence of securing global funding for an organisation and/or individual projects and report writing
- Evidence of building strong internal and external (national and global) relationships
- Extensive proven Senior Management experience in a commercial or charity environment at multi-million-pound level
- Significant experience of successfully leading, motivating, and developing staff in high performing teams
- Evidence of strategic development
- Proven expertise in advocacy, and ability to develop relationships with decision-makers at the highest level
- A passion for, and understanding of, the value of leadership development in furthering global nursing development
- Experience of working in or with non-governmental organisations
- Proven ability to plan successfully and manage a range of competing pressures
- Experience of public outreach, such as speaking engagements and media engagements
- Experience of charity governance and financial management
Skills / personal attributes
- Excellent communicator
- Excellent networker
- Team player, willing to support wider Foundation operational requirements
- Committed to the work of the Foundation and driven to support service development
- Excellent numerate and analytical skills
- Able to be creative and identify income or business development opportunities
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle for work
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We run a range of youth projects in Newham including Young Achievers Group (YAG) for young people with special education needs and disabilities; Youth4Youth, a youth leadership programme; and our latest programme, SKY – an employability and coaching programme.
The successful candidate will support the delivery of youth programmes and build positive relationships with young people and staff in the VCS, local authority and educational institutions in Newham.
- To grow, develop and ensure Aston-Mansfield’s youth projects are delivered successfully and to act as a representative of Aston-Mansfield at appropriate forums and events.
- Supporting the development, implementation and evaluation of Aston-Mansfield’s youth projects.
- Build relationships with a range of providers and stakeholders across the youth sector in Newham
- Work with and for young people to support them in getting involved in Aston Mansfield
- Engage and support young people with diverse needs
- To ensure that youth activities and outcomes are planned, prepared and implemented, in consultation with young people and staff
- To develop and implement outreach model to recruit numbers of young people on to youth projects
- To ensure that the youth activities are delivered in line with Aston-Mansfield’s safeguarding policy and procedures
- To develop new and existing relationships with partners to ensure the successful delivery of youth programmes and raise the profile of Aston-Mansfield’s work with young people
- To support preparing high quality monitoring reports for funders and for the Aston-Mansfield board
- To ensure that the day to day administration of youth projects delivery including petty cash, risk assessments are accurate and up to date
- Identify opportunities for young people
- Develops and maintains an awareness of services and programs for young people
- Actively participates in team meetings, professional development activities, staff retreat and other activities
- Create content across social media channels
- Performs other relevant duties
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.