Substance Misuse Support Worker Jobs in Liverpool
Change Grow Live are a charity dedicated to the belief that we can make a difference to our Service Users lives, offering support and respect in a safe environment, treating each user as an individual and working with them to find the right treatment and care options.
Our core values are ‘Be open, be compassionate and be bold’ and our team members apply these daily to achieve our mission of helping people change the direction of their lives, grow as individuals, and live life to its full potential.
As a Senior Social Worker with Change Grow Live you will role model and lead ethical and evidence-based practice, focusing on the experience for people who use services.You will be a specialist lead to the team, providing advice and consultation on risk, safeguarding and complex needs. You will also provide professional oversight of the Designated Safeguarding Lead/s in the team and provide professional accountability for complex decision making and work collaboratively with the multi- disciplinary team to establish safe and effective ways to work with people.
Hours: 37.5hrs per week
Salary: £43,184 - £50,521
About the role:
- Lead social workers, social work apprentices, and where relevant, related team members, across the service, providing operational management and professional reflective supervision
- Offer quality assurance and on-going learning to support the team with completion of effective referrals and sustaining effective referral pathways
- Coach and develop the team to work with people where there are complex issues related to substance misuse such as to domestic abuse, child exploitation, criminal justice, caring responsibilities, mental health, safeguarding
- Be the strategic lead for identified, specific areas of the service i.e. Multi Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC), Adults’ Safeguarding or Children Safeguarding, and attend relevant external meetings representing the service and the organisation locally, regionally and nationally
- Oversee the role of the Designated Safeguarding Lead contributing to the safety and well-being of people
- Contribute to team and organisational learning by undertaking incident reviews and investigations (including the death of service users) and producing high quality investigation reports
- Create and sustain strong partnership working
- Support, learning and development of social work students on placement and newly qualified social workers undertaking their ASYE programme
- Hold a valid qualification in Social Work and be registered with the regulatory body
- Experience of leadership, motivating and inspiring individuals and teams
- Be confident in complex decision making related to SU issues, using defensible decision-making skills and clear communication
- Have strategic decision making and influencing skills
- Experience and knowledge on the working practice of Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults
- The ability to lead, inspire and develop a team with excellent team working and interpersonal skills, developing positive working cultures and relationships
- Excellent team working, communication and collaboration skills
- Be able to work flexibly across operational sites as required and to work flexibly within an agreed number of hours to maintain the most appropriate level of service provision. This may involve evening and weekend working
What we will give to you:
- 25 days holiday (+ bank holidays) rising by 1 day for each years’ service
- Paid ‘Wellness’ hour each week along with a ‘Wellness’ hub and Employee Assist Programme
- Contributory pension scheme
- A great selection of benefits incl. discounts for shopping, cinema, holidays, etc.
- A friendly and supportive team
- Training, career development & progression opportunities
Please read attached Job Description and Role Specifics for a more detailed outline of responsibilities and Person Specification
If this sounds like you and you’d like to begin your journey with Change Grow Live, then we’d love to talk to you
Salary Range (pro rata if part time)
CGL points 41 to 48 (£43,184.65 - £50,521.02)
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check at an enhanced level.
We believe that having diverse people working as part of our team makes us the organisation that we are.
We actively encourage applications from people from all backgrounds to help us to provide the best possible experience for the people who use our services and to make Change Grow Live a great place to work. If you have any feedback on our recruitment processes (good or bad) we’d love to hear from you so that we can make sure they are fair and we attract and recruit the best, most diverse workforce possible.
The safety of vulnerable children, young people and adults is our absolute priority. We will support you in your role to make sure that you are equipped to support the safety of people who use our services and those around them, to the highest standard possible.