417

Trustee Volunteer Roles

Job Alerts On

No alerts left

Get job alerts sent straight to your inbox.

*Please enter a valid email

You haven't selected any filters. To create a tailored job alert, select your filters first.

Oh no!

By clicking 'Create alert' you agree to the Terms and Conditions applicable to our service and acknowledge that your personal data will be used in accordance with our Privacy and Cookie Policy and you will receive emails and communications about jobs and career related topics.

You will now get the latest from this search sent to your inbox.

Verify your email address and start receiving the latest job recommendations. Sign in or create an account to start managing your alerts.

A job alert for this search or a similar search term already exists. You can manage your job alerts by clicking here:

World Child Cancer, London (Hybrid)
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Posted 3 days ago
The De Curci Trust, Drayton, Portsmouth (Hybrid)
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Posted 3 days ago
Aurora Nexus, London (On-site)
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Posted 2 days ago Quick Apply
International Longevity Centre - UK, Vauxhall (On-site)
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Posted 2 days ago
Iprovision The Chartered Institute of Public Relations (CIPR) Benevolent Fund, Remote
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Posted 1 day ago Quick Apply
Infection Prevention Society, Remote
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Posted 2 days ago
Croydon Mencap, Remote
Unpaid role, expenses not paid
Posted 1 week ago
Harrow Foodbank, Remote
Unpaid role, expenses not paid
Posted 1 month ago
Closing in 6 days
OneSpirit Interfaith Foundation, Remote
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Posted 3 weeks ago
Music Therapy Works, Remote
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Posted 1 week ago
Future Talent, London (Hybrid)
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Posted 2 weeks ago
Infection Prevention Society, Remote
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Posted 2 days ago
Page 1 of 28
London, Greater London (Hybrid)
Unpaid role, expenses paid
Voluntary
Job description

World Child Cancer is looking for new trustees to join our Board from autumn 2024.

World Child Cancer is the leading international children’s charity dedicated to addressing the global inequality in childhood cancer care. Our vision is a world where every child with cancer has equal access to treatment and care. Our mission is to improve diagnosis, treatment, and support for children with cancer, and their families, in low and middle-income countries around the world.
Most childhood cancers are curable. Survival rates in the UK, USA and Europe are now over 80%. But for children in low and middle-income countries, where more than 90% of cases of childhood cancer arise, the prognosis is bleak; in some countries a child’s chance of survival may be as low as 10%. Over 1,000 young lives are lost to cancer every single day. We know that childhood cancer can be cured. The challenge is making the change which will mean that every child with cancer gets the diagnosis, treatment and care they need. 

As a Trustee you will play a vital role in helping World Child Cancer to grow in order for us to achieve our mission to improve diagnosis, treatment, and support for children with cancer, and their families, in low and middle-income
countries around the world. As a member of the Board of Trustees you will govern the organisation, to provide a clear and inspiring strategic direction for the organisation, ensure that we meet our charitable objects, agree our strategic goals, and evaluate our progress in meeting them.

Our Board brings together Trustees with a wide range of expertise and experience, from diverse professional backgrounds. New Trustees with skills and expertise in the areas of fundraising, marketing and digital communications, finance, and third sector leadership would be especially welcome as we begin to develop our new strategy.  We would also be keen to hear from potential Trustees who have lived experience of childhood cancer, either as a patient, or a parent or other family member. Trustees do not have to be UK-based and we welcome international applications. We also welcome applications from those who are new to serving at Board level and will provide an induction and support plan for all new trustees in their first year as they get to know the Board and the charity. The most important attributes for any trustee are passion for World Child Cancer’s mission, commitment to our cause, and the ambition to help us grow.

Posted by
World Child Cancer View profile Company size Size: 11 - 20
Posted on: 10 July 2024
Closing date: 01 September 2024 at 00:00
Tags: International Development,Cancer,Health / Medical,Strategy,Youth / Children,Governance / Management

The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.