1,009 Administration manager jobs
What’s my CV Worth?
How much could you earn in the charity sector? Use our CV checker to find out.Check Now
First Give inspires young people to make a difference to the causes they care about. We do this through working in partnership with secondary schools, providing a fully resourced scheme of work that guides an entire year group of students to engage with local charities and causes and then carry out social action (fundraising, raising awareness, campaigning, volunteering etc) in support of them.
At the end of each programme, a celebratory School Final is held at each school, where teams representing each class deliver presentations about their projects. The class considered to have engaged the best with the programme secures a First Give grant of £1,000 for their chosen charity. By the end of the programme, however, the whole year group will have given back meaningfully to their local community.
First Give Administrator
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated administrator to join us. The successful candidate will provide support across all the functions of the organisation, including working alongside the Programmes Team, Partnerships Communications Team and providing administrative support to the Director and SLT. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a positive, supportive team and be part of the work of an inspirational organisation.
4 days’ pro rata (or 09.30-3.30pm) – we are willing to be flexible regarding how the time is structured
£19,200 (based on £24,000 full time)
Hybrid (in the office 3 days a week. Again, we are flexible regarding the specific days but would like them to be fixed once agreed)
22.5 days’ annual leave
- Overseeing First Give’s school-facing financial administration:
- Reviewing and identifying outstanding invoices;
- Contacting school finance offices and business managers to remind of payments due and request them;
- Track payments made on Salesforce;
- Provide regular monthly reports on payment process to the Director
- Administering First Give’s charity grants to the charities who have won grants as part of our programme:
- Contacting winning charities (email/phone call) to inform them and collect their payment details;
- Uploading this information to Salesforce;
- Providing details to an external accountant for payment;
- Keeping records of payments processed up to date;
- Running reports on payments on a monthly basis for the Director
- Overseeing the processes to secure audio/visual assets for First Give (photography/videography):
- Booking, liaising with and managing photographers/videographers on a contract basis;
- Arranging consent from students, teachers and other participants;
- Monitoring consent approval to ensure First Give always complies with best practice in Safeguarding and GDPR;
- Reviewing and selecting the best photographs from an event and ensuring all photography is stored securely
- Providing support to the team to secure volunteers from the community to attend our School Finals as VIP judges:
- Liaising with Programme Managers regarding upcoming School Finals;
- Communicating with local community figures (e.g. councillors, Mayors, MPs, local business people);
- Keeping records of attendance on Salesforce
- Providing basic office administration/management:
- Managing First Give’s physical resources (held in our West Hampstead office), ensuring we have enough programme documents and equipment to resource the programme and re-stocking as necessary;
- Executing mail outs to schools or facilitators as needed;
- Providing reprographics support;
- Monitoring First Give’s central email [email protected] email inbox
- Providing support to the First Give team, primarily the SLT, e.g. venue research, hire and small scale event co-ordination to support the team (e.g. Away Days etc.)
There may be opportunities for the successful candidate, if interested, to contribute to First Give’s social media work (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook etc.) and to support the production of blog pieces and case studies.
- Passionate about young people and their potential to drive social change
- Highly organised with excellent time management and task prioritisation skills
- Evidence of ability to work independently, while responding to guidance and feedback
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working in a hybrid setting, with a majority remote-networked team
- Comfortable using full MS Office suite (MS Teams, SharePoint, Outlook, Excel, Word etc.)
- Able to work ‘on location’ in our office in North West London 3 days’ a week
- Experience of using Salesforce to process data and provide reports (if not, we will provide training)
- Experience of providing administrative support in a similar organisation
- Able to produce copy/content appropriate for social media and/or external audiences
Interviews will take place W/C 18th July, likely Tuesday 19th July. These will be in person at our West Hampstead office.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
We are looking for an experienced admin manager with an understanding and passion for dog welfare and commitment to excellent customer service to join our team as Assistant Manager Admin at our Rehoming Centre.
Dogs Trust is the UK’s largest dog welfare charity and normally cares for around 14,000 dogs across its network of 21 rehoming centres in the UK and one in Dublin. Dogs Trust has a non-destruction policy and will never put a healthy dog to sleep.
Our rehoming centres house thousands of dogs each year until they are able to find a loving new home and the success of our centres wouldn’t be possible without our dedicated team of staff and volunteers; there is a real family-community within each of our centres. Come rain or shine, our team are out in all weathers to make sure the dogs have the best possible life. Dealing with thousands of visitors each month, our rehoming centres are the face of Dogs Trust and we pride ourselves on our staff providing the very best in customer service.
Working within the Management team, the Assistant Manager Admin has primary responsibility for customer service, the supervision of front of house staff and volunteers, and ensuring administration and records are kept up to date. This is a role which require excellent interpersonal skills and organisation, with extensive customer service skills and the ability to work in a busy fast paced environment. You will also need be fully conversant with the duties and responsibilities of the other members of the Management team in order to cover for them during periods of absence this will include working with our dogs.
The successful candidate will have significant supervisory experience, excellent knowledge of dog welfare requirements with the ability to identify deteriorating or poor welfare and find ways to rectify the concerns and ideally, experience of caring for animals in a rehoming environment. You'll have strong administrative, communication and customer care skills with a proven ability to handle difficult and sensitive situations, always working in the best interests of our dogs, customers and the organisation.
You will have a full, manual driving licence, as driving is a part of the role. This is a live-in role, and the post holder will be regularly be required to remain on site for night duties.
At Dogs Trust we value diversity and we're committed to creating an inclusive culture. We actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, abilities and cultures and believe that a diverse workforce will help us to achieve our mission. Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, either at application or interview stage, please contact us.
Enable Concordis work for peace by ensuring our (virtual) head-office operates smoothly. You don’t need experience of peacebuilding or charity work, just sublime organisational skills and a passion for peace.
Flexible hours, working from home within easy reach of Guildford, Surrey, UK, to meet the CEO & directors 1-2 times per week.
Application: Only by application form attached and downloadable from http://concordis.international/careers and emailed to: hr @ concordis.international
Deadline: Sunday 17th July at 23.59 hrs
Reports to: CEO
Concordis is a UK registered peacebuilding charity with programmes in Sudan, South Sudan, Central African Republic and Mauritania. We work alongside those involved in or affected by armed conflict, helping them find workable solutions that address the root causes of conflict and contribute to lasting peace and economic development. We’re committed to finding solutions that benefit women as well as men, those in armed groups as well as those who chose not to take up arms, national governments as well as civil society.
This work makes a difference. A recent independent evaluation of our work in CAR found:
The project was highly impactful and added significant value to social cohesion, resilience, local economic development and governance. There was widespread evidence of changes in attitudes and behaviour between farmers and herders in project areas.
Delivered in an extremely complex context, the project demonstrated excellent flexibility and adaptive capacity and consequently remained highly relevant throughout the project period… It is an excellent and innovative pilot, which should be replicated and scaled up nationally.
These are absolute requirements; please only apply if you have these skills and experience:
- At least 5 years in a senior administrative / management role (e.g. PA, EA, office manager, project manager)
- Communications experience: writing or editing newsletters or reports; updating websites; managing social media feeds
- Human resources experience, including helping recruit staff
- Able to provide basic IT support to the wider team
- Highly organised and professional
- Commitment to Concordis’ mission, principles, values (available at http://concordis.international/our-mission-and-values/)
We don’t expect applicants to be able to do all these things, but if you’ve experience in some of them, we’d love to hear about it.
- Events management
- Video editing
- Data management
- Risk management
- Security management
KEY RESPONSIBILTIES AND OUTCOMES
- Supporting good governance
- Organise meetings of the board of trustees, their sub-committees and the advisory panel, arranging dates and venues, collating agenda and papers, taking minutes, following up action points.
- Ensure Concordis’ policies (e.g. Security, Safeguarding, Anti-Corruption etc.) are available to all staff and kept up-to-date, either reviewing them yourself or following up with the person responsible.
- Steward the Risk Register, ensuring risks are reviewed regularly by the responsible person.
- Helping communicate Concordis’ message
- Convert (rather dry) text from project reports into professional and attractive communications materials for printing, website and social media, for dissemination to current and prospective donors.
- Technical support with online and in-person conferences and events, creating PowerPoints and ensuring the tech platform is functioning well.
- Professional support to the CEO and directors
- Convene meetings of the directors, senior management team and wider staff team, following up on action points as needed.
- Diary management for the CEO, setting up regular meetings with staff and people from outside the organisation, arranging visas, booking flights and accommodation etc.
- Supporting the wider team (hence French language desirable but not essential)
- Oversee the security rota, ensuring someone is tracking staff working in hazardous areas at all times.
- Be the first line of IT support for the whole team, fixing minor issues as they arise and referring more difficult questions to IT consultants; help the team implement the cyber security policy.
- UK procurement, including IT equipment, branded clothing, business cards etc, keeping a central record of Concordis’ assets.
- Help the team improve file and data management, streamlining a workable system across the organisation.
- Steward the Office email account, referring messages to the relevant person.
- Keep a central record of programme deadlines and help ensure that they are met in good time.
- Receive and check staff expense claims, forwarding them for payment to the Finance Director
- Human Resources
- Steward the recruitment processes across the organisation, working with the line managers responsible to prepare job descriptions, advertise roles, sift and shortlist, interview, take up references and checks, offer jobs and issue contracts. Ensure HR files are kept up-to-date.
- Oversee onboarding of new staff, ensuring they have the information and equipment they need, are briefed on policies and feel part of the team.
- Diarise appraisals and ensure training needs are met.
- Work with programme managers to ensure safeguarding policies are known and being implemented.
- Administer the internship programme, ensuring quality recruitment and that interns are allocated to roles in which they can be useful and receive training.
- Management of service providers
- Diarise renewals of insurance, licences, rental contracts and leases held by Concordis in all the countries where we work, ensuring that they are renewed, re-negotiated or notice is served in a timely manner (this might be done by you or referred to a programme manager).
- Manage online contracts with Garmin, Fulcrum, Canvas etc. and with donors such as the EU, US, UK.
- Be the first point of contact for our travel agent, insurance broker, IT support, landlord etc. ensuring we get a good service from them.
Applications are only accepted on the application form attached and downloadable from http://concordis.international/careers and emailed to: hr @ concordis.international
Kensington & Chelsea Mind Administrator
37.5 hours per week
Salary: £24,432 - £25,419
Kensington & Chelsea Mind is looking to appoint an Administrator to join our Central Administration Team.
You will work the Administration and Personnel Manager to provide an excellent standard of administration support to Mind services.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent experience working in an administration role
- Excellent organisational, planning and communication skills
- Excellent IT and database skills, including CRM and HR systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of minute taking and servicing meetings
- Experience of drafting letters and working with spreadsheets
- Experience of working with confidential and sensitive information
- Experience of interacting and liaising with a variety of people in a diverse environment
- Successful track record of working with colleagues in order to achieve a common goal
- Educated to A level and desirable degree level
Experience of working in a charity sector and lived experienced of mental health problems is desirable.
We welcome applications from all sections of our community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment in full compliance with the Equalities Act (2010).
How to apply:
Please complete and submit the application and diversity monitoring form.
Closing date for applications: July 6th, 2022. We reserve the right to bring forward the closing date if we receive a number of suitable applicants.
Due to the anticipated large number of applications, we are not able to respond to applications individually. If you have not heard from us by week ending July 11th, 2022 you’re your application has not been successful on this occasion, and we thank you for your interest.
Kensington & Chelsea Mental
Health Association (Mind)
Limited by Guarantee
Reg. Charity No. 1002986
Registered in England
Please return the completed application form.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
The postholder will be responsible for supporting Bath and West Community Energy (BWCE)'s small and dynamic staff team in project delivery and supporting the development of organisational systems, maintaining them on a day-to-day basis. The postholder will have a specific role supporting the Board and coordinating Board and Member meetings, and in the delivery and financial reporting for an EU funded project called REDREAM.
Bath & West Community Energy is a not for profit, Community Benefit Society. Since 2010 when it was set up, BWCE has built over 12 MW of community owned solar power systems and one small hydro scheme, enough power to meet the equivalent annual electricity demand of around 4,000 homes. BWCE is working to put people at the heart of the energy transition, placing ownership and control of energy in the hands of consumers via clean energy projects that actively involve and benefit local communities.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Job title: Clinical Administration Manager
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
Hours: 5 days/week
Contract length: Permanent
Annual leave: 25 days + public holidays
Pension: 6% employer contribution
Benefits: Personal Development Budget; Employee well-being provision (sponsored mental health support); Annual Eye tests and Cycle to Work scheme
Accountable to: Chief Executive
Base: Nafsiyat Intercultural Therapy Centre, Unit 4 Lysander Mews, Lysander Grove, London N19 3QP
Nafsiyat exists to reach those who are systemically failed elsewhere in society, isolated by skewed power dynamics which underlie, and/ or intensify, the experience of mental ill health. Nafsiyat was established in 1983 by psychotherapist Jafar Kareem as a grassroots, community-based response to the need in North London-based Black, African, Asian, minoritised ethnic and refugee communities. We were the first therapy centre in the UK to take account of the cultural background of the patient and therapist and recognise its importance in therapy. We exist to ensure that the diverse religious, cultural, and ethnic communities in London can access culturally sensitive psychotherapy and counselling services; we also provide therapy in over twenty languages. Our staff and volunteers come from diverse cultural backgrounds.
The Clinical Administration Manager will provide leadership at Nafsiyat and contribute to the overall strategic direction of the charity. They will be responsible for the management of Nafsiyat’s small clinical admin team, and the timely and smooth delivery of services provided by therapists.
The pandemic has further exposed the structural racism and its disproportionate effect especially in the communities represented in our service. It has also brought forward new ways of providing therapy to our constituents. This is a period of real challenge and of opportunity to take forward the intercultural model in a manner fit for the purpose of meeting the deepening inequities within our constituencies. The Clinical Administration Manager will work with the Clinical Lead in clinically shaping a mixed medium of conducting therapy (in person and remote) and will demonstrate strong skills in delivering a client centred approach.
We are looking for a proactive person with a friendly, can-do attitude to assist with the running of our office, reporting to Chief Executive and working alongside and line managing a small admin team.
Main Duties include but not limited to:
- To manage referrals, ensuring that they are processed and entered on all data base systems.
- To manage case allocations, following up on their progress through administrative systems and report on this to the Clinical Lead.
- To ensure messages from client to counsellors are delivered efficiently.
- Working closely and co-ordinating with the Clinical Lead in the organisation and distribution of material to the counselling team as well as dealing with the concerns of the therapists.
- To assist in the timely allocation of clients and waiting list management.
- Responsible for monitoring
- To help develop and improve service by ensuring efficiency in service delivery, establishing effective service monitoring systems, and managing communication pathways.
- To always ensure confidentiality and follow data protection guidelines and safeguarding procedures while dealing with sensitive client information.
Dynamic administration is the method used at Nafsiyat to maintain a constant and dynamic record of all clinical work. It is part of the clinical process which provides containment and sets up the boundaries necessary for both client and clinician.
- Managing and supervising admin team and the admin processes of the organisation.
- Maintaining a constant and dynamic record of all work carried out by the clinician.
- Manage front of house operations including telephone/email enquiries, ensuring messages are dealt with efficiently and in timely manner.
- To provide administrative support to the Chief Executive and the clinical admin team.
- To manage and organise online filing system, keeping it up to date as required.
- To manage and update database system regularly as required.
- To assist in the collection and entry of counselling data for statistical reports.
- Maintain clinical records.
- To oversee the front of house team.
- To ensure the waiting area/office is welcoming.
- Report to Chief Executive any issues and concerns in the premises.
- To oversee general reception duties.
- Minimum 3yrs experience in similar role.
- Experience of working in the voluntary sector. Ideally experience of working with people from different ethnic backgrounds in mental health related field.
- Experience at management level. Track record of staff and stakeholder management.
- An ability to think strategically, innovate, motivate, lead, and deliver.
- Experience of working in a busy office environment.
- Experience of working with Databases and Client Management software, MS office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Ability to carry out calculations and collate statistical information.
- Organised, methodical, and capable of extremely accurate work.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a problem-solving approach.
- Awareness of the needs of people with mental health issues in the community.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Empathetic and able to deal with stressful situations in a calm and professional way.
The post holder must always carry out their responsibilities with due regard to Nafsiyat’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Health & safety
All employees are subject to the Health and Safety at Work Act. The post holder is required to pro-actively comply with their duties as described in Nafsiyat’s Health and Safety Policy.
All employees are required to work in a confidential manner in all aspects of their work with due regard to Nafsiyat‘s Code of Ethics and practice, data protection and other relevant policies.
Nafsiyat is committed to safeguarding adults at risk and children, and we require all staff and volunteers to share and demonstrate this commitment. The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including a health check, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a current CV and tailored covering letter (no more than 2 pages) explaining how your skills and experience match the requirements for this role by 5pm on 11th July.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Article 25 is an INGO that supports and empowers communities around the world to design and build housing, schools and medical facilities, improving access to education, healthcare and a safe place to live. In the last 15 years Article 25 has completed 95 projects in 36 countries. We are looking for an experienced Administration Manager to join our vibrant team and oversee all administrative functions within the office.
These will include:
- IT oversight – liasie with our outsourced IT support on all matters relating to IT
- HR oversight – managing holiday, induction set up, training, recruitment, interviews, policies and DBS
- Office administration - Responding to Incoming/Outgoing post, phone calls, emails and visitors
- Book keeping and payroll administration
- Events Setup (Eventbrite, Teams/ Zooms, etc), correspondence, logistics, scheduling, ordering supplies, follow-up, measuring results
- Keeping supporter information up to date and making sure donors are thanked
- CRM Managment. Article 25 will be implementing a new CRM for the organisation inn 2022. Experience of Beacon or Donorfy would be an advantage.
- Ensure organisational policies are followed and up to date
This is a varied role within a lively organisation. You will need to be a self starter, with initiative, an excellent problem solver with a 'can-do' attitude. As this is a new role, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to really make their mark on the organisation and the people we support.
If you think this might be you then we would love to hear from you!
To apply, please submit your CV along with supporting statement outlinng your suitability for the role. Please note applications without a supporting statement will not be considered.
We kindly request no contact from agencies - thank you.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Race Against Dementia
£35,000 + excellent benefits
Hybrid working - 2-3 days in the office
Are you a pro active, energetic and dedicated administrator, ready to take the lead and enjoy a wonderful opportunity to join this exciting global charity? Race Against Dementia was founded by Sir Jackie Stewart to fund pioneering research into dementia. The charity has a very 'can do' and pro active approach to fast tracking the roadmap for speedier results and a race to the podium for better Demetia care, prevention and cure!
This role is for an experienced administrator or office manager who can take the reigns and juggle a diverse workload without being phased. You'll work closely with your colleagues and have a great work environment. You'll need to be able to work with high profile celebrity correspondence as well as the general public to thank them for donations, invite them to events and communicate the updates of the charity's activities.
You'll also maintain the database and make copy for the website. Your attention to detail and written communication will need to be excellent and you'll need to be happy working flexibly as needs vary.
Summary of Main Responsibilities
- Keep records and database up to date with information for the charity
- Correspond with donors and supporters
- Ensure documents are kept and filed in compliance with charity legislation and GDPR
- Manage stock take for merchandise
- Write copy to update charity website content with the CEO
- Log donations and use JustGiving to ensure donor journey and experience is always positive
- Fill in for your colleague as much as possible when on AL
This charity is truely unique and special and we need a real super star administrator who is happy working hard to help the charity function smoothly but can also enjoy the days out and fundraising functions with high profile patrons and supporters.
If you are interested in applying for this amazing opportunity, please send your CV asap to Lucy - [email protected]
Interviews are ongoing so please do not delay!
Charity People actively promotes equality, diversity and inclusion. We match charity needs with skills and experience of candidates, irrespective of age, disability (including hidden disabilities), gender, gender identity or gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, or sexual orientation. We do this because we know greater diversity will lead to even greater results for the charities with which we work.
Civitas Recruitment are excited to be partnering with a great charity focused on Campaigning for the Science and Engineering community. The charity works with over 115 scientific organisations to ensure that the UK has the skills, funding, and policies to enable science and engineering to thrive. An opportunity exists for a governance and administrative specialist to join the team. As Governance and Administrative Manager, you will occupy a key role in the charity’s team with responsibility for governance, human resources, and management. You will provide secretariat support to the charity’s board and its committees by organising meetings, preparing papers and minute taking. You will also maintain an overview of the charity’s policies and ensure they are kept up to date with legal requirements and best practise. This is a permanent, part time role, 3 days a week (flexibility in hrs).
Who are we looking for?
Ideal candidates will possess experience of providing office and HR administration support in a professional environment as well be familiar with GDPR and other regulations relating to the charity. You will have great communication skills and be confident in dealing with board meeting administration and governance tasks. As this is a broad role, candidates will also have experience of handling accounts and liaising confidently with financial suppliers. You will be organised and have demonstrative experience of managing your time efficiently and working to deadlines. An interest in science, engineering and/or policy would be a bonus however it is not essential for the job role.
If the above role description sounds of interest and you feel like you meet the criteria; please apply immediately or for further information, please contact Syed at Civitas Recruitment for a full JD and informal discussion. Early applications are encouraged as we will be reviewing on a rolling basis.
Location: Home based/flexible
Whilst we have core hours of work, we are flexible regarding working patters and hours of work for the successful person
Salary: £27,050 per year (FTE)
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
To view this advert in BSL, please go to the Work for SignHealth page of their website or, alternatively, contact Vicki Smith at the HR Department to be sent this video via email.
Closing Date: 13th July 2022
This role is key to the smooth running of SignHealth's corporate administrative processes and providing confidential support to the Chief Executive as well as proactive administrative support to ELT members.
A major part of your work will be coordinating and proactively managing the Chief Executive's diary, responding to and prioritising internal and external meeting requests as well as liaising with external stakeholders.
You will also coordinate all inbound contact from external sources and associated customer service, schedule Executive Leadership Team (ELT) meetings and take minutes where required, circulate reports, minutes and agendas and develop, maintain and review administration systems for maximum efficiency.
Other duties include dealing with incoming and outgoing post and arranging couriers, managing informal SignHealth events, coordinating repairs and replacement IT hardware across SignHealth and developing action sheets and monitoring actions for progress.
You will have excellent IT skills including all Microsoft products, highly effective interpersonal skills with a strong customer service focus, the ability to work under pressure and adapt to change, a clear understanding of confidentiality, be a good team player with excellent writing and organisational skills as well as a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
At SignHealth, we are committed to promoting and celebrating equality and diversity throughout our organisation, our successful person will also possess this ability. You will ideally have some knowledge or understanding of BSL or Deaf culture, however this is not essential.
Previous experience within a similar role is desirable but not essential.
Why choose SignHealth?
We are a passionate Deaf-led charity with great benefits.
We will work alongside you during your career with SignHealth to maximise your full potential with Training and Development to help you become the best you!
You will receive an in-depth induction to give you great insight into our charity and what we do and what role you will play in helping SignHealth deliver its mission.
Wellbeing is the heart of everything we do! It's not just about the people we support, your health and wellbeing matter too.
Being a SignHealth employee you will receive:
* 25 days annual leave, pro rata for Part-time staff
* 2 Wellbeing days per year, pro rata for Part-time staff
* 5 days per year of paid Study Leave
* Long Service Annual Leave Rewards
* DBS Certificate
* Sick pay
* A generous defined contribution pension scheme, we pay 6% after successfully passing probation
* Eye Care Vouchers
Let's get you onboard to start your SignHealth Journey!
If this sounds like a position you would be interested in, we would love for you to get in touch. We positively encourage applications from Deaf people and we will support all applicants along the journey of our recruitment process.
For this post, the following checks will be carried out prior to employment: Enhanced DBS Checks, Satisfactory reference checks, receipt of employment references which cover the last 5 years and right to work checks.
Do you have the gift of administration? Would you like to join an international team that is making mission happen?
- Permanent, 24.5 hours per week
- Based at CMS House, Oxford, with hybrid working available.
- Starting salary £17,440.50 (£24,915 FTE) depending on experience, with a generous pension contribution: up to 15 per cent employer contribution on annual salary
We welcome applications from everyone. We particularly welcome applications from individuals from minority groups as they are currently underrepresented within our organisation at this level. All appointments are made on merit of skill, experience and potential as laid down in the job description and person specification..
We are looking for a proactive and talented person who has a gift for administration. You will effectively administer a diverse, international team with global locations and support the Mission Director, and the rest of the team, in the implementation of CMS’s mission strategy.
The organisation you’ll be joining
Church Mission Society is comprised of people who are passionate about mission and fired up about helping people follow Jesus. For over 200 years CMS has been at the forefront of global mission, living out the gospel of Jesus, seeing lives changed and communities transformed. If you join CMS you will find an organisation that has been reinvigorated with a fresh vision to make disciples of Jesus among people at the edges, both in the UK and around the world.
What you’ll need to succeed
You will have at least two to three years’ administrative experience or PA experience, as well as experience in data entry and an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office and MS Outlook diary management.
It is also a requirement for this post holder to be in sympathy with the aims and values of CMS.
Further details can be found in the job description and person specification available to download below.
Our commitment to you
Our core values of being pioneering, relational, faithful and evangelistic are integral to everything we do, and we work hard to ensure that every member of staff is valued, supported and encouraged to continually learn and develop their skills.
Please apply by midnight on Sunday 3 July 2022
Interviews are planned to be held on Friday 15 July 2022 at CMS House, Oxford.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
Part-time (2 days per week)
£23,032 per annum pro rata
Application deadline: 12pm (midday) on 6 July 2022
About the role:
- To ensure the smooth-running of the day-to-day administration in the Finance Department.
- To provide the Head of Finance with efficient and effective administrative support.
- To support the Finance Manager: Accounts and Strategy, and the Planning and Management Information Coordinator in the collection of management information and the preparation of reports.
- To be a key part of the Finance team with responsibility for H&S, and support on departmental purchases.
Key areas of responsibility:
- To ensure the smooth-running of the day-to-day administration in the Finance Department and to manage department-wide administrative projects
- To carry out office management duties in relation to the Finance Department, which will include ordering and monitoring stationery and office supplies, collating meeting papers, booking meeting rooms and catering, departmental filing and maintenance requests.
- To liaise with IS on any technical related issues on behalf of the department.
- To liaise with Property and Facilities Management and Capital Projects colleagues on projects affecting Finance spaces.
- Support on departmental purchases.
- To work with colleagues across the Museum by arranging meetings and commissioning contributions to the Strategy and Operating Plan.
- To work with the Finance Manager: Accounts and the Planning and Management Information Officer on the production of management information reports for the Directorate Group and Trustees.
- To facilitate internal communications between the Finance department and other departments, as well as within the Finance team.
- To ensure that the departmental intranet pages are kept up-to-date and that the information presented there is succinct and well-presented.
- To respond to general enquiries and requests on behalf of the department in a confident and professional manner.
- To manage all post and incoming correspondence to the Finance department, sorting, recording and redirecting as appropriate.
Health and Safety-
- To be the Departmental Health and Safety Coordinator and, as such, to be the point of contact for departmental health and safety queries.
- To be a Departmental Fire Warden.
- To attend health and safety training and the Departmental Safety Coordinators' meetings.
- Educated to A-Level or equivalent
- IT literate, advance knowledge of Excel and an ability to use range of software packages including Office.
- Previous experience in administration and financial management.
- Able to plan work schedules, prioritise and meet deadlines and handling confidential information.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to be tact and diplomatic as well as flexible in approach to changing priorities.
About the British Museum:
Founded in 1753, the British Museum's remarkable collection spans over two million years of human history and culture. The Museum is one of the leading visitor attractions and its world-famous collection includes the Rosetta Stone, the Parthenon sculptures, Egyptian mummies, the Admonitions Scroll, and the Amaravati sculptures.
The Museum offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Membership of the civil service pension scheme
- Free entry to a wide range of museums and exhibitions
- Participation in private and public Museum activities, including talks by leading curators from around the world and behind-the-scenes opportunities to learn how museums care for and manage their extraordinary collections
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Interest-free travel, bicycle and rental deposit loans
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounts on food and gift shop purchases
For more information about this role, please see the job description.
If you have any additional needs that we should be aware of in order to support you with your application, please provide details
The British Museum is committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all staff and job applicants. We aim to create a working environment in which all individuals can make best use of their skills, free from unlawful discrimination or harassment. We value the benefits that a diverse workforce brings to a Museum which represents world culture. The Museum is committed to ensuring that no job applicant suffers unlawful discrimination because of any protected characteristics. Our recruitment procedures aim to ensure that individuals are treated because of their relevant knowledge, skills and experience.
We are also currently piloting a flexible way of working that allows our employees to work remotely in a way that suits them and the organisation. We welcome questions and conversations at interview stage and how flexible working could work for you.
The Museum adheres to the HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) for pre-employment screening of Civil Servants.
We’re looking for a highly-motivated Executive Administrator to work directly with our new Chief Impact Officer (CIO), Andrea Siodmok. You will provide day-to-day executive administrative support to the Andrea in a fast-paced environment alongside working with the Private Secretary supporting Andy Haldane, to ensure an efficient CEO office operation.
This is a pivotal moment to join the RSA as we embark on our new ‘Design for Life’ strategy and in this role, you will be at the heart of the RSA, ensuring effectiveness and delivery of the strategic ambitions set by the RSA’s leadership team. This role is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves administration, organising senior teams of people and is aligned with our vision and values as a social change organisation focusing on real-world impact.
Key skills we’re looking for are:
• Proven administrative management skills with previous experience at assisting individuals at C-Suite level or transferrable skills in a similar context.
• Demonstrable organisational skills, with good attention to detail and a proactive working style.
• Proven experience of board or committee administration, including taking concise and accurate minutes of fast-moving, often complex, formal meetings.
• Ability to work in a fast-moving creative environment on a robust and autonomous basis with high levels of resilience in pressurised situations.
• Ability to work autonomously
• Excellent diary management skills and hybrid meeting organisation experience
• Good written and verbal communication and high level of attention to detail
• Good interpersonal skills, with good listening and observation skills
• Discreet, able to handle confidential information
• Able to manage conflicting priorities
• Relationship management skills
This role is based at the historic RSA House near Charing Cross.
We offer great benefits, including 29 days holiday (plus bank holidays), additional wellbeing allowance, free fellowship throughout employment and lots more!
To find out more about this role, please download our job pack below or visit our website.
In order to apply, please click ‘apply for this job’ on our recruitment page and submit your CV. You will also be required to answer a series of questions. You do not need to submit a cover letter.
Please submit your application through the RSA website. We cannot accept applications via email. All applications will receive an automated response.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 9am 29 June 2022. Interviews are expected to take place on 5 July.
Please note that we cannot accept late, incomplete applications, and we can only consider candidates who apply through the online application process.
We are the RSA. The royal society for arts, manufactures and commerce. We’re committed to a future that works for everyone, a future where we all can participate in its creation. With over 250 years of heritage in making significant social impact, we bring together, our rigorous research, proven change process, influential ideas platforms and our global community of over 30,000 problem solvers united in a desire to deliver solutions for lasting change.
To achieve this, we ask everyone – our staff, our Fellowship, our collaborators, our partners and wider society – to commit to our values and world view and strive to achieve genuine positive impact in our lives.
We invite you to be part of this change. Join our community. Together, we’ll unite people and ideas to resolve the challenges of our time.
The Brent Centre for Young People is looking for an experienced, dynamic person to join its Clinical Administration Team.
The Brent Centre for Young People is a charity based in North West London that provides psychotherapeutic treatments to young people aged 11-25 years, who suffer with emotional difficulties and have mental health needs. The Centre also has an international reputation and delivers world-leading evidence-based practices to young people across North West London. In 2018/2019, through its In-house and Outreach Services, the Centre helped over 600 young people to be healthier and better prepared for adulthood.
We are looking for an experienced clinical administrator with strong people and communication skills to help run our clinical services.
This post is an exciting opportunity to be part both of supporting the growth of this new service and supporting clinical administration at the Brent Centre within an existing small team.
The suitable candidate will have at least two years’ experience of clinical and/or general administration and reception duties. This post will suit a confident, reliable individual with strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
You will be expected to be confident in IT skills (including the use of Microsoft Excel to an intermediate level) and apply them to recording data accurately on a daily basis on our client database.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates a high level of professionalism, can work to regular deadlines, can problem solve when faced with difficult situations, adheres to confidentiality and can communicate professionally, politely and effectively with young patients, their families, our clinical and non-clinical staff team and our external contacts, such as GPs.
The post requires sensitivity to the needs of young people with emotional difficulties and the nature of therapeutic work and their families. Experience with young people or with mental health is advantageous.
You will be expected to work between 9.30am to 6pm half of the week and 10.30am to 7pm, the other half of the week. Occasionally, you may be asked to work from 11am to 8pm to provide cover for another administrator. Occasional working from home may be possible.
The candidate will have excellent skills, when carrying out duties of the post.
Closing date: Friday 1 July 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be required to take a 30-minute test
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
REPORTING TO: Head of Operations
The ETF is a trade union federation representing 5 million transport workers from 200 unions in 40 European countries. The vision of Fair Transport is what drives the work of the ETF. It represents a future where European transport is free of social dumping, with quality jobs for transport workers, safe, reliable and affordable service for passengers and customers and where environmental and social sustainability go hand in hand. We are looking for candidates that are ready to fight for achieving this vision.
- General office duties
- Creates and maintains file records, including electronic file records
- Creates survey databases, inputs data received and prepares analysis
- Prepares and organises meetings in Belgium and abroad, deals with arrangements, contact with the service providers (hotels/interpreters/translators, etc.) and liaises with the political team, other colleagues and the Finance manager, as well as outside organisations where appropriate
- Serves as first point of contact in the Secretariat for IT-related issues (computers, mobile phones, internet and phone server, interpretation equipment, etc.) and performs basic IT-related tasks
- Assists with projects
- Collates information and prepares documentation for meetings, actions, campaigns and publications where necessary
- Attends meetings and prepares minutes
- Drafts circulars and other documents
- Deals with routine incoming calls/correspondence/requests for information as appropriate
- Sorts and prioritizes incoming correspondence and responds appropriately
- Responds appropriately to external contacts, maintenance of good and constructive relationships with representatives from various European institutions, employers’ organisations, companies, etc.
- Maintains diaries
- Assists in making travel arrangements
- Maintains website pages
- Collaborates with other Administrative Secretaries in order to ensure the good functioning of the Secretariat
We are looking for a candidate with
- Excellent spoken and written English and French. Knowledge of one or more other EU languages would be an advantage
- Relevant administrative experience of minimum 3 years, plus graduate level education or training
- Excellent knowledge of IT technologies (MS Office applications, database software, internet, etc.)
- Proven high quality secretarial, organisational and administrative skills
- Strong organisational abilities
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to exercise discretion, judgement and initiative
- Able to work under pressure
- Integrate yourself into a team
- React in a flexible way to new challenges
- Proactive in addressing change
- A full-time permanent contract with a competitive package (salary, fringe benefits and extra-legal paid leave)
- A multidisciplinary and multicultural working environment
- The office is located in the center of Brussels
Equal employment opportunity
ETF is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees, regardless of sex, marital status, nationality, religion, age, sexual orientation and any other characteristics unrelated to the performance of the job. Selection will be in accordance with objective, job related criteria and the appointment will be on the basis of applicants’ merits and abilities.
Brussels, 15 June 2022
We invite any interested candidate to send a CV and a short motivation letter in English to Josef Maurer, ETF Head of Operations by Friday 8 July 2022. Only applications sent by e-mail will be considered.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.